TheMightyLopen

Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

434 posts in this topic

I suggest we lynch Straw first if you guys do. (God this'll be a gamble)

Nahhhhhh I don't think we should lynch Straw. He's one of my most village reads because of voting Joe with me on cycle 1. The more I thought about it, the less likely it seems to be a good elim ploy. Like I said, an inactive elim teammate is better than a dead one.

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

Nahhhhhh I don't think we should lynch Straw. He's one of my most village reads because of voting Joe with me on cycle 1. The more I thought about it, the less likely it seems to be a good elim ploy. Like I said, an inactive elim teammate is better than a dead one.

BR, this is exactly why I think Straw could be an elim, the placement of his vote and the poor reasoning on Jond switch makes me think Straw carefully did it so people would get a Villager read from him.

Just now, Darkness_ said:

BR, this is exactly why I think Straw could be an elim, the placement of his vote and the poor reasoning on Jond switch makes me think Straw carefully did it so people would get a Villager read from him.

Yeah but to me, it doesn't seem very logical. It's fairly tin foily and I think it'd just be wasting another lynch. We don't have time for that. Maybe if the scanner is out there than they can scan him, but personally I'd rather go after someone I suspect more.

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

Yeah but to me, it doesn't seem very logical. It's fairly tin foily and I think it'd just be wasting another lynch. We don't have time for that. Maybe if the scanner is out there than they can scan him, but personally I'd rather go after someone I suspect more.

Fair enough, this is why I stopped advocating a lynch on him.

10 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

Fair enough, this is why I stopped advocating a lynch on him.

I think I see what you mean.

I sense paranoia and tunneling.

33 minutes ago, Straw said:

I sense paranoia and tunneling.

Do you really.

Day 6

Ellenie looked out on the Shattered Plains. The clouds had caught the dawn, and it was so... beautiful.

It was too bad she was already dying. She had been pricked  by something during the night, and she was a dead woman. No cure would be available for a bridgewoman, even if they knew what poison it was. 

She could feel the poison pumping through her veins. It was killing her, slowly. She was calm, so it wasn't moving too fast in her system. But her legs had already gone numb. 

"I will not die this way, " said Ellenie. She stood up, and her vision almost went black. But she managed to stumble her way to Honor Chasm. 

"I'm sorry," she said to the world, as if anyone were listening. And then she cast herself off. 

A much better death than being knocked off by poison.

--- 

Not far away, Vendel sat, feeling quite pleased. His experiments were going wonderfully, and on top of everything, the social interactions of the bridge crew? Fascinating. He grinned as he took more notes on the poisons effects. He had learned Women's script a while back, but kept it to himself. It was a useful thing for him to know, and others to not know he knew. 

A few more days, and he could move on. He made a mental note to thank Ialai for the excellent test subjects. 

Lemon was killed! She was a Unlucky Eavesdropper!

Randuir received the Unremarkable vote!

PM's are closed.

ora_1509850800.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko)
2. Randuir (Tenodin)
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil)
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div) 
Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) 
Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl)
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb)
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) 
Spy Eavesdropper

1 hour ago, Darkness_ said:

We're keep being whittled, going to throw my vote on Straw.

Why:P 

I don't like this. Going to try to put my suspicons out in a later post when I have more time. So far elims are going for decently active players, but not too active like Randuir and BR or inactives like shqueeves, HH, Sami etc. Weird. 

23 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Why:P 

His post last cycle is not helpful, and he overall has been very distant, he's been semi-active, and elims only need to be active enough to put the kill order in. If he doesn't turn out to be an elim, feel free to lynch me.

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

I don't like this. Going to try to put my suspicons out in a later post when I have more time. So far elims are going for decently active players, but not too active like Randuir and BR or inactives like shqueeves, HH, Sami etc. Weird. 

It's not too weird, I'm just not sure which of the possible reasons it is. In no particular order it could be because:

1. Balance of information and impact: Killing the most active player will give the most information. Conversely, killing inactives will give very little information, but will also not thin the ranks of those trying to find the elims. Going after the middle ranks might be considered a good balance of impact and giving out information.
  2. Camouflage: There are one or two elims among the very active players, and they don't want to thin their ranks to make them stand out.
  3. Misdirection: The elims are aware of the possibility of number 2, and want us to think that that's the case when it isn't.
  4. Doesn't want to kill the game: If the elims had, instead of taking out Sart, Jondesu and Lemon taken out the most active players, this game might have gotten extremely quiet. That's not really fun, so maybe the elims wanted to avoid that.
  5. edit: Hitting trusted people: The elims took out Jondesu who was generally regarded as cleared village. I was the only one to suspect Lemon, I think, and I changed my mind last night. Maybe the elims decided there was little chance of a lemon lynch and decided to kill her instead.
  6. edit: None of the above: Maybe the elims had some other specific reason for taking out Lemon. If someone has an inkling of what that might be, I'm all ears

Also, @Arinian, maybe the fact that I took the unremarkable vote might help a bit with proving that I'm village? There's been two cycles where the unremarkable vote landed on someone that no one really suspected or had an argument against, suggesting that the elims have enough unremarkables to rig the vote. Unless you've been doing a lot of lobbying to turn public opinion against me, it would be rather unlikely that elim!Randuir would take that vote when there are other possibilities.

Edited by randuir

3 hours ago, randuir said:

Also, @Arinian, maybe the fact that I took the unremarkable vote might help a bit with proving that I'm village? There's been two cycles where the unremarkable vote landed on someone that no one really suspected or had an argument against, suggesting that the elims have enough unremarkables to rig the vote. Unless you've been doing a lot of lobbying to turn public opinion against me, it would be rather unlikely that elim!Randuir would take that vote when there are other possibilities.

No lobbying, I have only one PM with BR and anyway I never answered her.

I've been pretty busy with life lately, but now I have some free time so I should be more active. @Darkness_ my post last cycle was pretty useless :P I made it so I wouldn't be killed by the inactivity filter.

okay, this is going to look a bit silly, but Sami. @Sami, I've seen you checking out the thread periodically, and apparently you've been active outside of the main thread because the inactivity filter hasn't hit you yet. At this point I'm feeling like this is getting suspicious(this goes for Shqueeves and Drake as well, btw).

I'd be fine with lynching one of Darkness or Straw as well, just so we can settle that particular argument, but right now I'd liek to try adn draw some of teh less actives back into the game, and since mentions and PM's haven't made a difference, i might as well see if a vote does make a difference. Since mentiosnare free though: @Shqueeves, @Drake Marshall, do either of you have anything to add? Why do you think Lemon was targeted this cycle, and what do you think of Darkness and Straw?

Edited by randuir

Randuir I've got something to add. Maybe they're searching for the assassin/scanner and have concluded that none of the actives have that role so possibly one of the inactives or less actives have it.

@Megasif, that could be, though Lemon had already told the thread that she was an eavesdropper. Maybe the elims had reasons to think that she was lying?

It's possible. Accepting a light claim like that could be misdirection to hide someone's real role. I mean, it's not very likely, but possible. In this case, we know Lemon was telling the truth. You've mentioned quite a few reasons so it could be of them.

Coming up with creative ways for y'all to die is hard work. :P

Edited by Steeldancer

Greetings, all.

2 hours ago, randuir said:

okay, this is going to look a bit silly, but Sami. @Sami, I've seen you checking out the thread periodically, and apparently you've been active outside of the main thread because the inactivity filter hasn't hit you yet. At this point I'm feeling like this is getting suspicious(this goes for Shqueeves and Drake as well, btw).

I'd be fine with lynching one of Darkness or Straw as well, just so we can settle that particular argument, but right now I'd liek to try adn draw some of teh less actives back into the game, and since mentions and PM's haven't made a difference, i might as well see if a vote does make a difference. Since mentiosnare free though: @Shqueeves, @Drake Marshall, do either of you have anything to add? Why do you think Lemon was targeted this cycle, and what do you think of Darkness and Straw?

Y'know, I may not be up to my usual standards, but I'm not really inactive, per se. I've made an effort to make at least one game relevant post every day cycle. I know my contribution isn't too great, but I would not call it inactivity either. If you want to hear more from me though, you could consider PMing me once night comes around. So far I've responded to everybody who has PMed me.

Why do I think Lemon died? I'm pretty sure you covered all the bases on that matter, to be honest. 

If I had to guess why they aren't targeting very active people (and by that I pretty much mean you, Rand... I commend you for encouraging discussion)... I'd say one of two reasons are most likely:

1. The elims don't want Rand to die because they want the game to stay active.

2. The elims don't want Rand to die because Rand is an elim.

In my opinion you haven't done much alignment indicative yet, so I wouldn't say that one of those possibilities was more likely than the other. If Rand is village, I'd rather not want him dead. But that isn't certain, either.

I'll also take this opportunity to give reads on everybody:

Darkness- I am confused about the way they are pursuing Straw. It almost makes me wonder if there is an executioner-type secret role in play.
Randuir- I still have a neutral read on Rand, which worries me. Still, he's given loads for us to anlalyze, so coming to a more concrete conclusion should only take some time...
Straw- I have a strong village read on Straw. I think it's extremely unlikely that an elim would have switched votes like Straw did on the first day.
Brightness Radiant- I am starting to get a village read on BR as well, mostly through PM interaction.
Hemalurgic Headshot- Not very active. No read.

Sami- Not very active. No read. Randuir is voting on Sami. I suppose it is fair to guess that one of the eliminators are inactive/lurking, though I find it a little odd that conversation would be steered towards lynching somebody who would generate virtually no information.
Drake Marshall- That would be me. You can analyze me yourselves :P
Arinian- Has accused Rand. In some way, this makes me think he is village. Because I'm guessing that the elim team, for one reason or another, doesn't want to kill Rand.
Megasif- Still have a bad gut read on...
Shqueeves- Not very active. No read.

Hmmmmm... Let me sift through my thoughts a bit longer, and I'll try to cast a vote soon, with additional reasoning.