Controversial Opinions

3 hours ago, Idealistic said:

I think Spiderman Homecoming is among worst of the Spiderman movies.

This only counts of you rank Spider-Man 3 as better. 

I like some of the earlier ones more, but I acknowledge that is entirely due to the inclusion of Harry Osborn. He's easily one of my favorite, if not the favorite, superhero character. 

On 10/21/2017 at 6:12 AM, Caesura said:

I've never seen Star Wars. Or Lord of the Rings. Or Harry Potter.

I haven't read Harry Potter either, and I probably never will.

I tried to read Lord of the Rings, but found it incredibly boring. (The plot was good, when there actually was plot happening, it just took way too long to get anywhere).

I love them, to be honest. Are they unpopular?

this isn't a controversial opinion if you haven't seen them... IMO The movies of LOTR are better than the books. One of the very very few series I'll ever say that about.

Anyway, I hate the classics. All of them. They're all boring and stupid and wordy and ridiculous. ESPECIALLY FREAKING PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AGHHHHHH SAY WHAT YOU MEAN WOMEN AND MAYBE THIS BOOK WILL ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT!!!!! You can get your morals a lot easier than reading the utter crap that is the classics. There are a few exceptions, but for the moment I keep thinking of how awful Moby Dick was, and so can't remember what they were.

I also think ketchup is gross. It smells disgusting, and so does mustard. I can't even smell it without gagging, much less eat it.

Oh and I hated the Hobbit movies, I hate rap, unless it's Hamilton.

Edited by Steeldancer

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Anyway, I hate the classics. All of them.

I agree, some time ago I had to read la celestina for my Spanish lessons, and is horrible, I couldn't even finish it.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I hated the Hobbit movies

Who doesn't?

On 13.10.2017 at 1:06 AM, The Invested Beard said:

Game of Thrones (the show) is not good.

Thankt you ! I think you are the only person who I've found thinking thinking that the GOT show is not good. :ph34r: I secretly have the same opinion, but people jump on me whenever I say it, so I'm just hating in silence :ph34r: After seasons 3-4 it went downhill for me , so I just stopped watching.

On 13.10.2017 at 1:06 AM, The Invested Beard said:

I like Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. You heard me.

Ahhhh! :( You ruined it with this 

On 19.10.2017 at 4:24 AM, CarolaDavar said:

I don't like Harry Potter, at all. It just, doesn't interest me and seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too over hyped

I think this is a matter of when you discovered HP. I was part of the HP generation, I think I was about 9 when the first movie came out , so I grew up with the books and waited every night before the books where released, to get them. I rememeber skipping school just so I can read them in one sitting. And back then it was one of the first things of this magnitude to come out. My belief is that most of the hardcore HP fans are like this because of the experience of growing up with it, I know a lot of people who discovered it later and had a similiar opinion to yours (granted I don't know when you first had contact with it, so I'm just assuming). I reread them once or twice a year, but I am curios if I would have the same feelings if I would've discover it after the initial hype. 

Edited by mariapapadia

2 minutes ago, mariapapadia said:

I think this is a matter of when you discovered HP. I was part of the HP generation, I think I was about 9 when the first movie came out , so I grew up with the books and waited every night before the books where released, to get them. I rememeber skipping school just so I can read them in one sitting. And back then it was one of the first things of this magnitude to come out. My belief is that most of the hardcore HP fans are like this because of the experience of growing up with it, I know a lot of people who discovered it later and had a similiar opinion to yours (granted I don't know when you first had contact with it, so I'm just assuming). I reread them once or twice a year, but I am curios if I would have the same feelings if I would've discover it after the initial hype. 

I literally grew up on Harry Potter, it was the first book I ever read by myself. (well the second one was, anyway.) So I personally cannot imagine not at least liking Harry Potter. No, its not as amazing as Sanderson. But Harry Potter is still pretty great, except 5. I hate 5. 

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

this isn't a controversial opinion if you haven't seen them... IMO The movies of LOTR are better than the books. One of the very very few series I'll ever say that about.

Anyway, I hate the classics. All of them. They're all boring and stupid and wordy and ridiculous. ESPECIALLY FREAKING PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AGHHHHHH SAY WHAT YOU MEAN WOMEN AND MAYBE THIS BOOK WILL ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT!!!!! You can get your morals a lot easier than reading the utter crap that is the classics. There are a few exceptions, but for the moment I keep thinking of how awful Moby Dick was, and so can't remember what they were.

I also think ketchup is gross. It smells disgusting, and so does mustard. I can't even smell it without gagging, much less eat it.

Oh and I hated the Hobbit movies, I hate rap, unless it's Hamilton.

I agree with everything you said, except ketchup :ph34r: I know it's gross, but I am a ketchup fanatic, all of my friends make fun of me that I would eat anything as long as it has ketchup on it. Anyway! 

I tried to read LOTR so many times, but I could get into it so I just gave up and watched the movies( which I really enjoyed). It's wierd, because I tried reading the books after I really got into high fantasy, so I felt like I shouldn't have had problems. The Hobbit movies shouldn't exist :wacko:

And my addition to this list is .... CHEESE ! I hate it ! It's smelly, it's disgusting, it has a wierd texture. :angry:UGH! When I was forced to eat it in preschool I puked because I hated it so much. The only redeemable one is halloumi. That's one of the best things and my only regret is not discovering it sooner.

5 minutes ago, mariapapadia said:

I agree with everything you said, except ketchup :ph34r: I know it's gross, but I am a ketchup fanatic, all of my friends make fun of me that I would eat anything as long as it has ketchup on it. Anyway! 

I tried to read LOTR so many times, but I could get into it so I just gave up and watched the movies( which I really enjoyed). It's wierd, because I tried reading the books after I really got into high fantasy, so I felt like I shouldn't have had problems. The Hobbit movies shouldn't exist :wacko:

Meanwhile, I haven't read the LOTR since I was... eight? Nine? All i remember is that I was visiting my grandparents, and Return of the King was boring.

On 10/20/2017 at 4:00 PM, Unhinged said:

I find dark fantasy incredibly boring and predictable.

By extension I loathed both A Song of Ice and fire and the Dresden files.

A Song of Ice and Fire has an interesting place for me.  I'm interested in the story, and knowing how everything plays out but at the same time the books take a huge amount of energy for me to read.  It took me almost a year to get through the third one because I kept reading other books between chapters.

14 hours ago, mariapapadia said:

And my addition to this list is .... CHEESE ! I hate it ! It's smelly, it's disgusting, it has a wierd texture. :angry:UGH! When I was forced to eat it in preschool I puked because I hated it so much. The only redeemable one is halloumi. That's one of the best things and my only regret is not discovering it sooner.

The interesting thing about halloumi is that it's soaked in brine, so it's essentially a pickled cheese.  If you're up for experimenting, you might also enjoy brine-packed mozzerella or feta

Edited by anna

5 hours ago, anna said:

The interesting thing about halloumi is that it's soaked in brine, so it's essentially a pickled cheese.  If you're up for experimenting, you might also enjoy brine-packed mozzerella or feta

Haha ! Thank you for the suggestion ! I always wondered how it was made. I've just seen your title and I find it really funny that I'm dissing cheese, while you appear to be a fan of it :D I can do mozzarela only when it's melted. I guess it's kind of similar with halloumi because it's grilled. My OCD lets me eat chese only if it's melted , white and doesn't have any smell/ strong taste. 

Right ! I'm stoping with the 'cheesy' talk now :ph34r: