Controversial Opinions

15 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I’m not unhappy with Byleth, but I still sometimes wish that we got the three house leaders as a Pokemon Trainer style character instead. 

Same. That's what I was really hoping for. Granted, I actually don't own Smash and only play when I hang out with my friends (which doesn't happen nowadays due to the state of the world, being busy, and slight geographic distance) so I'm not sure I have any right to weigh in. 

8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I’m not unhappy with Byleth, but I still sometimes wish that we got the three house leaders as a Pokemon Trainer style character instead. 

as far back as Melee I was thinking they should have done something like this for young Link, using the masks from Majroa's Mask.  This was before Pokemon Trainer was a thing, but if you took the concept I thought up at the time it would have looked an awful lot like how Pokemon Trainer worked, with you able to swap between the deku, goron, and zora masks, and each of those would have one of their special attacks replaced with the swap command.  Goron would be missing an up+B, for instance.

17 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Amen to that. There’s plenty of Fire Emblem characters who aren’t generic sword characters (we really didn’t need Chrom, honestly).

I’m biased against removing Chrom since he is one of my favorite characters in Awakening. But I get your point, his moveset doesnt offer anything new. I would have personally preferred if they had added Chrom instead of Lucina in Smash 4, and swapped Robin for another mage character who actually has a personality (like Tharja, Henry, or even Anna). Byleth could have been any of the house leaders (or just all three of them with a swap-mechanic). Corrin probably wins the award for most boring character in Fire Emblem ever, and thus shouldn’t have made it into the game. Put in Leo instead. 

5 hours ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

Douglas Adams wasn't funny and neither were the Hitchhiker books! :o

Firefly would have been canceled even if Fox didn't air the episodes out of order and various timeslots because it just wasn't that good a show :o

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions....now if you'll just excuse me, I'm going to be over here in the corner Frothing with Rage

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

I know. That was a joke. In reality I don't care and wish they would advance the plot/tie up one of the thousands of sub-plots and not focus on boys so much.

:) But shipping! Sophitz! I would like the Neverseen to capture her again, that's always fun to reread.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

:) But shipping! Sophitz! I would like the Neverseen to capture her again, that's always fun to reread.

Humph. Shipping always seems dumb and like a waste of time too me. I don't like the series because the author never resolves anything! She just adds more and more problems and never tries to solve them.

Also: Sophie doesn't need that many powers. She should have stopped at inflicting, telepathy and teleporting. She's already special enough.

Edited by Shard of Reading

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

Humph. I don't like the series because the author never resolves anything! She just adds more and more problems and never tries to solve them.

Also: Sophie doesn't need that many powers. She should have stopped at inflicting, telepathy and teleporting. She's already special enough.

*gasp* Controversial Opinion there! I like her being OP, it means that when the Neverseen can beat her it's even better.

27 minutes ago, Condensation said:

*gasp* Controversial Opinion there! I like her being OP, it means that when the Neverseen can beat her it's even better.

I'll keep 'em coming. Sophie should just stay single. The neverseen are too good. The Black Swan is too good. Alicorn poop shouldn't be sparkly.

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

*gasp* *gasp* *gasp* *gasp*

I figure I should explain the middle 2. The Neverseen are so good at predicting what is going to happen it's unreal. Even after they found the mole it still did not really help. They got better. It annoys me. And the Black Swan (read: sophie) is too good at improvising. Also what they plot should be for book 8.5 is someone gets a generator into the goblin city and shocks them all too death.

13 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I figure I should explain the middle 2. The Neverseen are so good at predicting what is going to happen it's unreal. Even after they found the mole it still did not really help. They got better. It annoys me. And the Black Swan (read: sophie) is too good at improvising. Also what they plot should be for book 8.5 is someone gets a generator into the goblin city and shocks them all too death.

Nope, it's going to be a short story collection.

Shannon has said that the only way she would tell us about the Great Gulon Incident is in a short story, she's also said that the book is from the perspective of both Sophie and Keefe. Add to that the irregular numbering and the most logical conclusion is that it's a short story collection.

Just now, Condensation said:

Nope, it's going to be a short story collection.

Shannon has said that the only way she would tell us about the Great Gulon Incident is in a short story, she's also said that the book is from the perspective of both Sophie and Keefe. Add to that the irregular numbering and the most logical conclusion is that it's a short story collection.

O.K. But I think that the Great Gulon Incident should remain a mystery. It's funnier that way.