Controversial Opinions

I love the Transformers movies. I love them. I'm not going for a great movie or great acting. I'm going because GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING AND TRANSFORMING OMG. 

Haydn Christensen wasn't nearly as bad as people give him grief for in the Star Wars prequels.

Game of Thrones is not worth reading - seriously, I read book one and have never read any of the rest of it, nor do I have any desire to.

I think that covers my most unpopular opinions :D

I really didn't enjoy the Steins Gate anime. It's constantly included in top 5 lists and is considered a masterpiece by the community, but I've watched it twice now and I was bored both times. And I never really warmed to any of the characters.

And I agree with Mulk about GOT, I dropped it in the middle of book three. It became tiresome to trudge through, especially the time taken to refamiliarise yourself with everything if you ever took a break from reading it.

11 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

In Attack of the Clones, he is that bad. In Revenge of the Sith, he's awesome.

Disagree. How awkward he was was one of the most realistic parts of that movie I thought, cause that's exactly what a teenage boy is...

I get people thought it was painful.  It is painful. I remember being that bad.  It's just...I didn't think he deserved grief for that.

6 hours ago, Briar King said:

What's the difference from this these 2 threads? 

This thread focuses on positives and negatives, and opinions that are unpopular. The one you linked focuses only on stuff people dislike.

As for my unpopular opinions:

-The first Blade Runner is pretty bad (haven't seen 2049 yet).

-Suicide Squad and BvS are good movies (better than Blade Runner).

-The Hobbit movies are great.

-Elantris is better than Warbreaker.

-Star Wars prequels are good (except Attack of the Clones, which is a pretty weak movie).

9 hours ago, ParadoxicalZen said:

Pineapple on Pizza is a gift to the world.

We will not be Silenced or Shamed:ph34r:

What the haters do not understand is that the sweetness of the pineapple is the perfect balance to the saltiness of the other ingredients. The pineapple is the key to perfect pizza harmony.

I like the Star Wars prequels more than the originals and Attack of the Clones is one of my all-time favorite movies.

I tried reading Rithmatist and I did not like it.

I'm also actually not too fond of Warbreaker.

I generally dislike pineapples, tomatoes, and avocados, though I can make exceptions.

For the most part, Hamilton annoys me and I'm sick of it, though I love a few of its songs.

Coraline is the scariest movie I've ever seen.

I think a few of the changes made in the Harry Potter movies are better than the original books (like when Dumbledore asks Harry about the Goblet of Fire :P).

I hate anime and I think it's stupid. (That's just my opinion, don't hate me too much.)

I hope this doesn't taint your vision of me too much.

21 hours ago, Trizee said:

I didn't like The Name of the Wind. It didn't seem to have any plot.

I liked it, but I found it overrated, and I'm not that interested in Book 2, although I'll probably read it sometime (maybe when he releases the third one, just so that I can read the entire set).

Lord of the Rings is no where near the peak of fantasy literary excellence. 

J K Rowling is just a merely competent writer at best. 

Ender's Game is garbage. 

Breaking Bad is unwatchable

Early seasons of Family Guy are less funny than later seasons. 

Bernie Sanders would nearly be as detrimental a leader as Donald Trump.

23 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

J K Rowling is just a merely competent writer at best. 

I agree, also, the seventh book was, by far, the worst.

The last star wars movie I enjoyed was episode 3, I think episode 7 and rogue one were pretty bad.