2017-11-13 [Oathbringer Release Party] Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo

Mason Wheeler

So I'm scrolling through the Arcanum questions and found:

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

So, would Allomancy work if the metals were a suppository?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

That is theoretically possible, but gross... There's nothing special about the stomach. It's kinda getting it into your spirit, and things.

I'm wondering if you could burn a tattoo, then. There are apparently lots of metals in tattoo ink so could you burn that?

Wow I believe Brandon was more open than usual and got some really good information from the signing. Two things that come mind:

1. I was almost positive that a past State of Sanderson said Skyward was cosmere but it looks like it will not be.

2. I still don't understand the big secrecy about the earth shattering stuff found in The Wheel of Time series. Why can't team Jordan say something like, "This isn't canon, but a very plausible idea that such and such is going on." 

Edited by Ammanas

1 hour ago, Bromo_Sapien said:

I'm wondering if you could burn a tattoo, then. There are apparently lots of metals in tattoo ink so could you burn that?

Can I interest you in the newly "released" Chicago OB signing? :)

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

If someone on Scadrial were to get a tattoo, could they use the metal in the tattoo for Metallic Arts? 

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Theoretically , yeah, that should work. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/176/#e8475

Checking these WoBs and storms they're yummy.

• Although strangely fascinated about the few regarding 'ships. Really hyped for that Haemalurgic chart.
  • Reading the one about creating another Type IV Nightblood: Instead of Investing another sword, why not invest a shield instead...that way you have the scenario of 'what happens when the sharpest sword meets the strongest shield' :D

Number 194 is interesting, as is 228 :blink:

Kogiopsis [PENDING REVIEW]

Are there any parallels between the fish in the Purelake and the Aviar in Sixth of the Dusk?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.

Edited by Kurkistan
Play/Pause should not be copied.

I went to the release! It was a ton of fun, and I wish I had remembered to look on here before I went so I could look for you guys. But, anyways, I was dressed as Shallan and you may have seen me there.

What I asked Brandon, wasn't a necessarily a cosmere related one, but it was a fun one

Q: Do you ever a hard time switching between one world and another when answering questions for a signing?

A(paraphrased): Definitely

4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

1. I was almost positive that a past State of Sanderson said Skyward was cosmere but it looks like it will not be.

@Ammanas I was at an event tonight in  England and during the signing part afterwards I specially asked Brandon if Skyward was cosmere and he said that it wasn't because there had to be references to earth for the story to work.

23 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Wow I believe Brandon was more open than usual and got some really good information from the signing. Two things that come mind:

2. I still don't understand the big secrecy about the earth shattering stuff found in The Wheel of Time series. Why can't team Jordan say something like, "This isn't canon, but a very plausible idea that such and such is going on." 

It used to be but was changed. Cool to know @Asharielle about it needing to reference Earth. That's a good reason for it to not be cosmere! 

Sooooo I have a bunch of photos of cosplayers from this event. Some I can identify as Sharders, and others I can't. Where would be a good place to post the pictures? I know we have a section of the art gallery for cosplay, but I'm not clear on whether that is only for Sharders to post pictures of themselves in cosplay, or if it would be all right for me to put photos of other people (including Sharders who are not me) there.

48 minutes ago, Ookla the Ornithophilic said:

Sooooo I have a bunch of photos of cosplayers from this event. Some I can identify as Sharders, and others I can't. Where would be a good place to post the pictures? I know we have a section of the art gallery for cosplay, but I'm not clear on whether that is only for Sharders to post pictures of themselves in cosplay, or if it would be all right for me to put photos of other people (including Sharders who are not me) there.

If you happen to have any pictures of my cosplay, you can feel free to post those

11 hours ago, Ookla the Ornithophilic said:

When I was taking pictures of people, I asked them, "do you mind if I get a pic of you so I can post it on the 17th Shard?"  That's probably the simplest way to handle this.  (Everyone I asked was fine with it, BTW, probably because the whole point of going to an event in cosplay is to be seen in your costume.)

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, BLU3 said:

Anyone have an extra? Let me know.

How bad do you want one? I don’t really use mine, but it’s a neat memento, you know? I got mine from winning one of the phone quizes. How’d other people get theirs?

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, podman36 said:

How bad do you want one? I don’t really use mine, but it’s a neat memento, you know? I got mine from winning one of the phone quizes. How’d other people get theirs?

Hey sorry for the late response. I think the only way to get one was by winning the trivia questions. I have the previous two book pins, so I’d like to get the Oathbringer pin for the set. I’m willing to trade two other pins for it, if your up for it. 

3514AD49-5CE3-49B9-8D89-51B6908BA32E.jpeg