Mason Wheeler

2017-11-13 [Oathbringer Release Party] Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo

173 posts in this topic

Man these are some JUICY WoBs! A full Hemalurgic chart with Lost Metal? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

Man these are some JUICY WoBs! A full Hemalurgic chart with Lost Metal? 

Or HoA 10th anniversary?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ookla the Effervescent said:

Or HoA 10th anniversary?

Ooooooooohhhh 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm scrolling through the Arcanum questions and found:

Quote

 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

So, would Allomancy work if the metals were a suppository?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

That is theoretically possible, but gross... There's nothing special about the stomach. It's kinda getting it into your spirit, and things.

 

I'm wondering if you could burn a tattoo, then. There are apparently lots of metals in tattoo ink so could you burn that?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I believe Brandon was more open than usual and got some really good information from the signing. Two things that come mind:

1. I was almost positive that a past State of Sanderson said Skyward was cosmere but it looks like it will not be.

2. I still don't understand the big secrecy about the earth shattering stuff found in The Wheel of Time series. Why can't team Jordan say something like, "This isn't canon, but a very plausible idea that such and such is going on." 

Edited by Ammanas
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bromo_Sapien said:

I'm wondering if you could burn a tattoo, then. There are apparently lots of metals in tattoo ink so could you burn that?

Can I interest you in the newly "released" Chicago OB signing? :)

Quote

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

If someone on Scadrial were to get a tattoo, could they use the metal in the tattoo for Metallic Arts? 

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Theoretically , yeah, that should work. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/176/#e8475

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking these WoBs and storms they're yummy.

  • Although strangely fascinated about the few regarding 'ships. Really hyped for that Haemalurgic chart.
  • Reading the one about creating another Type IV Nightblood: Instead of Investing another sword, why not invest a shield instead...that way you have the scenario of 'what happens when the sharpest sword meets the strongest shield' :D

Number 194 is interesting, as is 228 :blink:

 
Kogiopsis [PENDING REVIEW]

Are there any parallels between the fish in the Purelake and the Aviar in Sixth of the Dusk?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.

 
Edited by Kurkistan
Play/Pause should not be copied.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the release! It was a ton of fun, and I wish I had remembered to look on here before I went so I could look for you guys. But, anyways, I was dressed as Shallan and you may have seen me there.

What I asked Brandon, wasn't a necessarily a cosmere related one, but it was a fun one

Q: Do you ever a hard time switching between one world and another when answering questions for a signing?

A(paraphrased): Definitely

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

1. I was almost positive that a past State of Sanderson said Skyward was cosmere but it looks like it will not be.

@Ammanas I was at an event tonight in  England and during the signing part afterwards I specially asked Brandon if Skyward was cosmere and he said that it wasn't because there had to be references to earth for the story to work.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Wow I believe Brandon was more open than usual and got some really good information from the signing. Two things that come mind:

1. I was almost positive that a past State of Sanderson said Skyward was cosmere but it looks like it will not be.

2. I still don't understand the big secrecy about the earth shattering stuff found in The Wheel of Time series. Why can't team Jordan say something like, "This isn't canon, but a very plausible idea that such and such is going on." 

It used to be but was changed. Cool to know @Asharielle about it needing to reference Earth. That's a good reason for it to not be cosmere! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo I have a bunch of photos of cosplayers from this event. Some I can identify as Sharders, and others I can't. Where would be a good place to post the pictures? I know we have a section of the art gallery for cosplay, but I'm not clear on whether that is only for Sharders to post pictures of themselves in cosplay, or if it would be all right for me to put photos of other people (including Sharders who are not me) there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ookla the Ornithophilic said:

Sooooo I have a bunch of photos of cosplayers from this event. Some I can identify as Sharders, and others I can't. Where would be a good place to post the pictures? I know we have a section of the art gallery for cosplay, but I'm not clear on whether that is only for Sharders to post pictures of themselves in cosplay, or if it would be all right for me to put photos of other people (including Sharders who are not me) there.

If you happen to have any pictures of my cosplay, you can feel free to post those

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ookla the Lightweaver said:

If you happen to have any pictures of my cosplay, you can feel free to post those

Somehow I didn't get any pictures of you. :blink:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ookla the Ornithophilic said:

Somehow I didn't get any pictures of you. :blink:

Ah, that's fine

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ookla the Ornithophilic said:

Sooooo I have a bunch of photos of cosplayers from this event. Some I can identify as Sharders, and others I can't. Where would be a good place to post the pictures? I know we have a section of the art gallery for cosplay, but I'm not clear on whether that is only for Sharders to post pictures of themselves in cosplay, or if it would be all right for me to put photos of other people (including Sharders who are not me) there.

When I was taking pictures of people, I asked them, "do you mind if I get a pic of you so I can post it on the 17th Shard?"  That's probably the simplest way to handle this.  (Everyone I asked was fine with it, BTW, probably because the whole point of going to an event in cosplay is to be seen in your costume.)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mason Wheeler Yeah, I asked permission before taking people's pictures too. I'll be putting up an album in the cosplay section of the gallery as soon as I can make the time. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of you Utah or near-Utah residents want another go at Brandon, he just put two signings up on his website for later this month. Salt Lake City on the 16th, Orem on the 21st.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 11:36 AM, BLU3 said:
On 11/19/2017 at 0:27 AM, BLU3 said:

Looking to buy a yellow Oathbringer pin. Let me know if you have an extra or are willing to part with yours.

 

Anyone have an extra? Let me know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BLU3 said:

Anyone have an extra? Let me know.

 

How bad do you want one? I don’t really use mine, but it’s a neat memento, you know? I got mine from winning one of the phone quizes. How’d other people get theirs?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, podman36 said:

 

How bad do you want one? I don’t really use mine, but it’s a neat memento, you know? I got mine from winning one of the phone quizes. How’d other people get theirs?

Hey sorry for the late response. I think the only way to get one was by winning the trivia questions. I have the previous two book pins, so I’d like to get the Oathbringer pin for the set. I’m willing to trade two other pins for it, if your up for it. 

 

3514AD49-5CE3-49B9-8D89-51B6908BA32E.jpeg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.