2017-11-13 [Oathbringer Release Party] Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo

Mason Wheeler

15 hours ago, Zas678 said:

If you get in line early (for the first 100), a wristband will get you the book corresponding to your number in line. If you don't want to wait in line, you can show up to the event (which I believe starts at like 7pmish) at the Utah Valley Convention Center WITH YOUR BARCODE that was emailed to you, and you'll be given a wristband then, which you'll then use to get your book.

If you want to be there for Brandon's talking/Q&A, you have to get a SECOND wristband from the Utah Valley Convention Center on Monday Nov 13 starting at 10:00am.

Also, while I'm not in the line (yet), I'll be keeping track of the length and such. So far there's 5 people waiting in line!

Thanks for the update on the camping. Any update today on how many people are in line? 

2 wristbands + VIP party tickets ... this is getting complicated. ;)

If I had time, I'd make a "quick reference guide" we could all use, but since I just got power and internet back after 3 days without (in Ohio with nighttime temp's in the 30s), I am scrambling just to get packed and ready to go.

To those in line already: You are THE true fans and fully deserve those low numbers!

I'm making myself a list of when to be where with what "documentation" to get wristband(s) etc. I'm coming in from Ohio, and plan to be at the UVCC north entrance at or before 10:00 Monday. What fun to mix-&-mingle with Sander-fans! Too bad it'll be so cold - we could recognize each other by our "Bridge 4" tee-shirts. :D My current strategy is to go back to my hotel and rest until the party, then read until I drop - - no way I'll be fit to work Thursday morning back home until the latest sander-lanche is in my rear-view mirror.

Question 1: Does anyone know when and where we can get the 17th Shard buttons they're making? and if there's a cost?

Question 2: I have one thing that has a barcode, but the last 2 emails from the BYU bookstore have not had a barcode at the bottom. Has anyone else experienced that? Do you think it'll be a problem? I'm not too worried (it's just a party!), but it's good to know what to expect.

SOOOOO looking forward to meeting all of you!

37 minutes ago, old aggie said:

Question 2: I have one thing that has a barcode, but the last 2 emails from the BYU bookstore have not had a barcode at the bottom. Has anyone else experienced that? Do you think it'll be a problem? I'm not too worried (it's just a party!), but it's good to know what to expect.

That's exactly what I have too, so you and I are probably good!

12 hours ago, Ace0003 said:

Well if anyone has an update on where the tents were moved or what the count is for the line, that would be great! I am heading down tomorrow afternoon. 

Could it be that BYU has moved them somewhere indoors? I've been looking at the weather for Provo, and it's pretty chilly at night - - strategies that campers would use to keep warm might be a fire hazards. I doubt that the university would want steel barrels with burning wood like the unions used to use on picket lines in the winter (& maybe still do). No matter what, much props to those devoted Sander-fans!

1 hour ago, JoyBlu said:

I just got an email from BYU, with my pick up ticket! 

I placed one order, and then a few days ago I just placed another order. I’ve only received the confirmation ticket for the first order so far. 

I got 2 emails - a "received your order" one and a "fulfilled" one - and IIRC they were a day or 2 apart.

I think I printed off the thing with the barcode while still in the purchase process on the BYU site. The emails have nothing attached, nor do they contain barcodes.

But the barcode I do have contains the same order number as is on the emails, so it's probably all good as @Lightning said.

23 minutes ago, old aggie said:

Could it be that BYU has moved them somewhere indoors? I've been looking at the weather for Provo, and it's pretty chilly at night - - strategies that campers would use to keep warm might be a fire hazards. I doubt that the university would want steel barrels with burning wood like the unions used to use on picket lines in the winter (& maybe still do). No matter what, much props to those devoted Sander-fans!

Could be... I am heading down there at 2pm to find out if the 99 has already been reached and setup camp if not. I will report back so everyone is in the loop as I cannot find any good updates on the line. 

If anyone is looking for more information after getting the confirmation email, try calling BYU's main phone number.  The phone number at the bottom of the email goes straight to voicemail. 

I'm jealous of all the people camping out. Enjoy your low number!  I couldn't manage to fly out, so I'm trying to get my book mailed to me (without losing my #).  Have fun at the party!

13 minutes ago, DoneTheMath said:

If anyone is looking for more information after getting the confirmation email, try calling BYU's main phone number.  The phone number at the bottom of the email goes straight to voicemail. 

I'm jealous of all the people camping out. Enjoy your low number!  I couldn't manage to fly out, so I'm trying to get my book mailed to me (without losing my #).  Have fun at the party!

I can pick up your book and mail it to you if you want. . . .   Message me if you trust me -- a complete stranger -- to do that for you.

9 minutes ago, MrMormegil said:

Work emergency making me cancel my trip out to the launch party to pick up my book. Anyone going to be there who would be willing to pick mine up and send it to me. Wiling to pay. I Have a confirmation email and everything.  

Call the BYU store.  They are shipping me my book since I can't make it either.