"You may serve in another REALM"

Numuhukumakiakiaialunamore

So at the end of the bands of mourning before the hijacked "homeless person" kill Suit with a ettmetal bomb. (which seems odd since he was stating at the time that dynamite would be just as powerful so is there a reason they choose ettmetal that i could puzzle out besides maybe making it look like it was done by southern scadrians) Before which he says maybe you can serve us in another realm, so is cross world reincarnation possibly whats "beyond"

We don't know if reincarnation occurs anywhere other than on Nalthis, but I doubt the evil kandra or whatever it was was talking about reincarnation.  In my opinion, I think the most likely meaning is that Suit would serve Trell by becoming a cognitive shadow.  The fact that the kandra used the term "realm" is a good indication that it was discussing the cognitive realm, and we've seen its possible for cognitive shadows to form on Scadrial in SH.  As for how Suit would become a cognitive shadow, we can only speculate.  The process could be similar to what happened to Kelsier, so maybe Suit could be exposed to Harmonys perpendicularity.  But that would bind Suit to the pool, so I don't know how he could serve Trell.  And there's always the possibility that Trell could have formed a shard pool, though it's unlikely he's been on Scadeial long enough to do so.  Anyways its mostly speculation at this point.

Here's a relevant but not very informative WoB on the topic:

QUESTION

When Wax's uncle gets blown up and [?] says "you will serve us in another realm", is that a [truth?]

BRANDON SANDERSON

Wait wait, who says that?

QUESTION

With Suit, the end of Bands of Mourning? He gets blown up...?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Oh right, right...So, yeah, that is not specifically answered on purpose. That is meant to be more ambiguous, it may not even be a true statement.

QUESTION

So their deity doesn't pick which souls -

BRANDON SANDERSON

I'm not saying yes or no, I'm just saying, don't take what they say as law, as the actual state of things. It may just be a belief on their part.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1151#65

30 minutes ago, Numuhukumakiakiaialunamore said:

Thank you Argent now i must ask because I keep seeing this abbreviation WoB whats that mean? I've also seen others i cant think of at this time but any other abbreviations i should know about commonly used on this site?

WoB is "Word of Brandon." in a lot of fan communities word of the author is referred to as "Word of God" so that's kind of where it comes from. 

We also have WoP which is "Word of Peter" (Peter Ahlstrom) 

I think it's only a belief/hope

I can't see Trell as Invested on Scadrial enough to turn someone into a Cognitive Shadow without Harmony notice it.

They probably try to turn him into a CS exposing Suit to a short but intense amount of Harmony's Investiture...But this also is a risky way as this CS will be always under Harmony's eyes and be almost useless as spy or stealth assignments in the best scenario, short lived in the worst

As Yata says, if the mystery creature intended for Suit to become a cognitive shadow to continue working on Trell's behalf, a harmonium bomb makes more sense than a conventional explosive because it's heavily Invested and being blown up in that way might be enough to keep him around in the Cognitive after death, or at least keep him long enough for someone/something else to 'stabilize' him on the other side. Exactly what purpose this would serve is another question since as noted, he and the Set both appear to have outlived their usefulness to Trell and it's not clear what Suit could do in the Cognitive that anyone else with access to that realm couldn't do just as well.

Just to clarity.

I believe they could use the ettmetal bomb to try to trigger a CS's birth but It was mainly an attempt of them as I find extremely unlikely this kind of stuff could work except for luck.

In my eyes that Fakeless Immortal tried something that could have the right principale behind...but a failure in application

• Chaos locked this topic