[OB] Oathbringer Typo Continuity Error

FiveLate

@PeterAhlstrom

Chapter 16

Spoiler

Storming Iriali. Still, they had an Oathgate—two, if you counted the one in the kingdom of Rira, which Iri had sway over. Among Iri’s three monarchs, currently two kings and a queen, the latter had authority over foreign policy, so she was the one they needed to talk to.

“I’m fine with moving up the time,” Dalinar said. “I’ll await you in the writing chamber.”

“Why?” Dalinar said, waving a hand. “It’s not like she can see me. Set up here.”

“Here,” Navani said flatly.

Took a couple reads to realize Navani was saying bold not Dalinar.

Moved to the Oathbringer spoiler board.

There are a lot of formatting errors that are showing up in the Tor posts that aren't there in the actual book. That one was a missing line break. The ones that have jumped out at me have been the dashes in the middle of words; but those are just because of the way everything is getting copies and pasted, so they will be appropriately at the ends of lines in the actual book.

4 hours ago, Bridgerunner said:

I also found a Typo, will this be the official Typo list? Or will they only start one after the book has been published and not for the preview chapters? 

What did you find? An actual typo? Or a formatting issue?

I'm pretty sure on Reddit Peter said most of these aren't in the book, and apparently come from copying/pasting from a PDF onto tor.com which is the cause of the formatting errors.

5 hours ago, FiveLate said:

@PeterAhlstrom

Chapter 16

Reveal hidden contents

Storming Iriali. Still, they had an Oathgate—two, if you counted the one in the kingdom of Rira, which Iri had sway over. Among Iri’s three monarchs, currently two kings and a queen, the latter had authority over foreign policy, so she was the one they needed to talk to.

“I’m fine with moving up the time,” Dalinar said. “I’ll await you in the writing chamber.”

“Why?” Dalinar said, waving a hand. “It’s not like she can see me. Set up here.”

“Here,” Navani said flatly.

Took a couple reads to realize Navani was saying bold not Dalinar.

For example - I think this is actually a formatting error, and what Navani said was supposed to be on the next line.

Edited by Advanthera
Grammar - it's a thing.

I found a dash in the middle of a word. So not really a typo, as you said formatting errors on the Tor posts. Thanks for clearing it up! 

52 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Moved to the Oathbringer spoiler board.

There are a lot of formatting errors that are showing up in the Tor posts that aren't there in the actual book. That one was a missing line break. The ones that have jumped out at me have been the dashes in the middle of words; but those are just because of the way everything is getting copies and pasted, so they will be appropriately at the ends of lines in the actual book.

What did you find? An actual typo? Or a formatting issue?

I mentioned this in the main thread but I'll add it here just in case. In chapter 18:

She hovered just inside it, contemplating her next move. Her hand throbbed, but she ignored it. Dead end. Perhaps she’d been foolish to think she could solve in a few hours what Adolin had spent weeks trying to crack.

"Weeks" plural was surprising for me. Shallan is not the most reliable though so it could just be hyperbole.

I don't remember the Highstorms re-starting yet for example. If I remember things correctly, they got to Urithiru in the middle of the Weeping (which is 4 weeks or 20 days) and Sadeas was killed after about 5 days. So from there it should be one week to the end of the Weeping.

That being said, with everything that has been built already it does feel like there has been quite a bit of time passing. The exact passage of time does feel rather vague though.

Edited by kari-no-sugata

• Chaos locked this topic
  • Argent changed the title to [OB] Oathbringer Typo Continuity Error