Wyrmhero

I forgot to do this in my post, but I'll make the same offer as Aman and Shqueeves.

Part of me has this crazy idea where everyone knows everyone else's roles, so that almost no one can claim a different role to different people. And if someone is killed, survives, etc. we would know where to look as we would have everyone's roles. At the same time, this would give the Seer super valuable information. The only deterrent against the Seer using this information is that if they converted a kill role, it would be really easy to figure out who they converted.

Of course, that would only work if everyone did it and was honest about it. Regardless, feel free to PM me for a role exchange, and our roles will remain secret, unless you tell me otherwise.

And my time is up! Alas, I have work I need to do. I'll probably log on again in 5ish hours to reply to any PMs that may be sitting in my inbox before I go to sleep. Most of my gameplay will take place there, primarily, so if you're interested in exchanging information or just chatting about the game in general, you know what to do.

Hmm... My first LG post.... This definitely deserves a Spider Lenny.

/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\ 

Anyway, while I don't want to lynch someone in the first cycle, I'd rather have a discussion on possible lynch candidates, as @Orlok Tsubodai pointed out, than not doing anything at all.

Also, feel free to PM me... It's not like I'm lonely or anything....:( No.... N-Not at all..... *sniffles*

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Guess I'll kick this off. @Wyrmhero, just to confirm, if we lynch no one today, the Traitors won't automatically win, correct? Just asking because this wording is ambiguous enough to make me worry:

If so, I'm going to advocate a No Lynch. With only the Seer right now, there's a 96% chance of us killing an innocent, who could very well be an asset for the Obligators later. I would say we should use this day to find allies and network information while the Tineye(s) are still around, but there's an obvious risk of anyone being turned evil, so caution may be best. In the end though, it's your decision.

Personally? Instead of playing the boring, safe route, I'm going to announce that anyone who contacts me in PM and reveals their role to me will get mine in return. Or if it makes you more comfortable, ask me to reveal it first. The only condition is this: I will never share the role of another player, and I expect you to do me the same courtesy. Sound fair?

Oh. And just so the Seer doesn't get the bright idea of converting me for information, let's agree to lynch me on... D3. That should be enough time to accomplish my goal.

This definetely doesn't remind me of Evil!Joe doing this same thing in the Death Note game. Nope. Not at all.

Specifically, the part where he wants to be lynched on D3. Not only can the seer convert you before then to get the info, but Seer!Aman could use the info he got to convert the right people before D3. Possibly 3 players before he dies off. 

But, i actually do agree with his stated objectives of gathering information. I will happily share my role with people, in exchange for whatever they offer. I also agree with no lynching to give both us time to organize, and the Seer time to find converts (i want a fun game, not a quick game)

Also, quick note: not every Thug is a Seer pretending to be a thug, pls remember that.

I think holding off on the lynch for a day is a good idea because of what happened in QF25. There were two elims that game, and every single lynch kept hitting a villager, until an elim was lynched, but that was the jester and ended the game. Right now, we only have one elim, which is even harder to catch because there's no elim connections at all. Personally, I'd rather wait until there was something to go off of.

6 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

I think holding off on the lynch for a day is a good idea because of what happened in QF25. There were two elims that game, and every single lynch kept hitting a villager, until an elim was lynched, but that was the jester and ended the game. Right now, we only have one elim, which is even harder to catch because there's no elim connections at all. Personally, I'd rather wait until there was something to go off of.

How do you propose finding something to go off, Rae, without generating discussion now? Even if we don't catch anyone, it provides us material to compare later opinions to.

I strongly support the no-lynch policy. Goes back to my roots ya'know. First lynch I ever participated in I voted for a no lynch. Funnily enough that was a conversion game too... :huh:

Edited by Aonar Faileas

4 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

How do you propose finding something to go off, Rae, without generating discussion now? Even if we don't catch anyone, it provides us material to compare later opinions to.

We start lynching D2, same way we do it on every other game.

Just now, Shqueeves said:

@Orlok Tsubodai since you're so adamant for a lynch D1, and you've already been voted for, you could easily vote for yourself to be the D1 lynch. 

I could well do so, Shqueeves. That sad, I think advocating such a post indicates a misunderstanding of my point. Rather than a classical lynch discussion, mechanics discussion, enforced by the threat of a lynch ought to increase the generation of information this turn. Voting on myself would remove the threat of a lynch, and corresponding incentive, from other players, and wouldn't serve to generate information.

10 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

What makes a D2 lynch significantly more attractive than a D1 lynch?

Either somebody will be converted, or somebody will be dead. We'll either have two elims to hunt now or have a closer margin. I don't like the second option as much, but we have to start somewhere (unless we don't have a lynch until someone gets converted, but I don't like that much either). We'd compensate for the low village to elim ratio by having twice as long to get info for the lynch.

Also, Orlok.

6 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

I could well do so, Shqueeves. That sad, I think advocating such a post indicates a misunderstanding of my point. Rather than a classical lynch discussion, mechanics discussion, enforced by the threat of a lynch ought to increase the generation of information this turn. Voting on myself would remove the threat of a lynch, and corresponding incentive, from other players, and wouldn't serve to generate information.

Then why don't you vote on someone? You claim that we need a vote, or the threat of one, to help generate discussion, yet you haven't voted on anyone.

1 minute ago, Shqueeves said:

Then why don't you vote on someone? You claim that we need a vote, or the threat of one, to help generate discussion, yet you haven't voted on anyone.

Because there's a difference between pressuring a single individual, and encouraging general participation through the nebulous threat of a lynch. Right now, the first is of little use to us, given the single eliminator. The second, and general participation that ought to ensue, is useful, and doesn't require me to vote yet.

1 minute ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Because there's a difference between pressuring a single individual, and encouraging general participation through the nebulous threat of a lynch. Right now, the first is of little use to us, given the single eliminator. The second, and general participation that ought to ensue, is useful, and doesn't require me to vote yet.

I see your reasoning, and although i don't agree with you, that makes sense. 

Well I am here, and I am liking the idea of No-lynch pretty well right now, as I've always felt bad lynching someone on D1 because it essentially kicks them out of the game before they get a chance to play it. In this game we have a pretty decent reason not to lynch them so I think that we should take it to be nice to everyone :P

Pix was fuming after the announcement. A traitor in their midst!? She wished she wasn't so damned useless. It was her hotheadedness and drive that got her this sweet deal with the obligators, now someone was threatening to destroy what she worked so hard for. As much as she wanted to just start lynching every bloody one of them, she took a deep breath and resolved to wait until she could start killing mercilessly. no lynch

14 minutes ago, Straw said:

I, personally, will vote to lynch Prelan Waern.

We meet today to commemorate the passing of Straw, who sadly, accidentally brutally cut his head off while shaving.

...Seriously, it's very tempting to off your character if you keep the vote on the head of the local chapter of the Inquisition.

To clarify a bit on the lynch, you cannot vote for 'no lynch', that's not a thing. You can choose to abstain though (which is what 'no lynch' really means). Bear in mind, for a lynch to go ahead, the person with the most votes on them must have at least two votes on them, and there cannot be a tie. A plurality for 'no lynch' means nothing in this game, but it does make me want to make a character called 'No Lynch' next game.

Edited by Wyrmhero

1 hour ago, Straw said:

I, personally, will vote to lynch Prelan Waern.

There certainly do exist games where lynching the GM does something. And Wyrm has even run one before.  But I am certain that this is not one of those kind of games.

On more immediate game related stuff, I'm...ok with not lynching anyone today?  Ish?  It's kind of a tough situation.  If we don't lynch, we lose out on information.  If we do, our chances of actually finding one are laughably low, and since all but one of us are good, there isn't much info to actually be gained, and we may well muddy the waters more than we gain useful intelligence.

In terms of lynch candidates, I'm leaning towards Striker or Shqeeves. It's easy for a Seer to offer role swapping after someone else has proposed it. It's a great way to gather information while not bringing too much attention to yourself since you're just picking up on another person's idea. Shqeeves has shown a stronger anti-lynch stance. In contrast, Striker seems to be laying low, so that's where my vote will go for now.

Those of you who wanted to use the turn to gather intel so you could make a more informed lynch later, how successful have you been? It's highly unlikely that I'll be convinced to support no lynch this cycle, but I may change my mind depending on your answers.