Wyrmhero

Having just caught up, my vote will be going in DA. He seems to know exactly what manipulation Orlok was talking about, which indicates to me that he helped Rae come up with/condoned the use of it. There's a very small chance Seonid could be villager the elims buddy up with to lynch Orlok, but yeah. I have a far greater elim read on DA right now than I do Seonid.

16 hours ago, Elbereth said:

So has Orlok. At the very least since Cycle 2 - I can’t remember if he mentioned it to me before then. 

Which is why I believe this all to be false.

You were never manipulated. You've all just been manipulating us. "Messenger" could just be an Elim Doc, as it is to my understanding that game talk shouldn't be taken to a group chat. You and @little wilson changed your votes from Lemon, to Rae, halfway through the turn where Rae was lynched first, going with the rest of us.

Wyrm specifically made it clear in thread that he reversed his ruling in the middle of the game, from being able to talk in any medium (a ruling he made mostly because Orlok ased if he and I could speak about it while in person/over Facetime) to only in PM (a ruling because of all this). As far as I can tell, you’ve been active/paying attention all game, and should have known that - so there is no logical reason to say that game talk shouldn’t be in a group chat when at that time it was perfectly allowable. Why, in fact, would Wyrm have made that call if this incident had not happened as stated? 

And finally, the basis of Seonid’s and your claim is that Orlok bussed Rae in order to gain trust to lynch Lemon. 

What?

He bussed Rae to lynch Lemon. Why does that make any sort of sense? Lemon at ome point was going to be lynched even without this. Rae wasn’t accruing suspicion (as far as I know) from anyone but himself and Wilson. Why would he need to bus Rae, and why would he use the capital from said bus to lynch Lemon? Lemon isn’t the most active or dangerous player to him - why not lynch someone likely to be protected, or actually dangerous - me, or Wilson, or Aonar? Why not lynch you, DA, since you’re suspicious of him? 

Your proposed actions didn’t make sense even without Orlok dropping out, and given that it’s now pretty clear he’s good (which I’m also fairly certain of, given close interaction with him), that seems very much like trying to frame him because he’s dangerous. (Corollary that makes sense, but doesn’t provide much evidence - Rae not wanting to kill Orlok, but to test herslef/be nice to him through not killing him until late game?)

Anyway. @Darkness_

Mentioning supicion is now pushing for a lynch? Well then in that case I've been pushing for a lynch on a few people. I can't remember exactly, but from the times I have skimmed over the entire thread, he never urged or pushed a lynch on her until about Cycle 4 at the least.

There's also a difference between live chat and forum PMs *shrugs. And to be fair, I've only been paying proper attention since my suspicions on Rae were basically proven to be correct. But yeah, point taken (However I never implied that it was illogical, only that it could be an excuse for "elim doc").

No, I don't think my theory was that he bussed Rae to lynch Lemon. Lemon indeed had been acting suspicious, which I have commented on, and this was merely taken advantage of through Rae's lynch. And I doubt a Lemon lynch would had happened unless there was nothing better.

Or you know. 
Rae had converted you all, and Wilson had been speaking of suspicion on Orlok, but that dropped since the Lemon/Rae push *shrugs.
And maybe its because I don't usually play like this? I wouldn't class myself as "dangerous" as much as can be predicted. And driving a lynch on someone who is consideed dangerous, and then them turning out to be village, could backfire catastrophically. Lemon was an easy target and Elims just need to bide time *shrugs.

It made sense to me.

12 hours ago, little wilson said:

Having just caught up, my vote will be going in DA. He seems to know exactly what manipulation Orlok was talking about, which indicates to me that he helped Rae come up with/condoned the use of it. There's a very small chance Seonid could be villager the elims buddy up with to lynch Orlok, but yeah. I have a far greater elim read on DA right now than I do Seonid.

No, I didn't, I made a guess seeing as you all also seemed to be in on it, at the very least privately through PMs, if not being there (in the group chat). And I also said that it I though it wasn't manipulation at all, and that by my theory, you all had been going for some intricate play. As for Seonid I haven't been in touch with him save on one cycle where I attempted to contact a bunch of people in an attempt to get organised.

I have considered him being an elim, however seems as though he is acting on his own.

15 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

were preemptively trying to cast suspicion on Orlok. If they were elims then they would know that Lemon would flip village and in theory that would give them an easy lynch on Orlok. Of these two, I'm more suspicious of Seonid. He was the first person to suggest lynching Orlok if Lemon flipped village, and compared to DA has given us less to work with. Also, on the active players note, I count 6. Myself, DA, Wilson, Aonar, Seonid, and Elbereth. So we may have actually lost this game, since the elims almost certainly have a soother and 3 votes. If we don't have a smoker/rioter/soother active then they control the lynch. Considering Seonid/DA had no way of knowing that Orlok would drop out, their plan of lynching him would lead to winning as well. I really have to go do some grading, so maybe somebody else can ping the inactives for us?

Well, to be fair I often express whatever suspicions I'm having, as I often find them useful to come back to later should something happen to make them more viable. 

As for pinging inactive;

@Shqueeves, I've spoken to you in PMs and know you're around on the discord, care to join discussion?

@StrikerEZ You're back from your band trip now, have you caught up on the threads?

@Paranoid King You seem to have fallen off the face of the earth :P Any thoughts?

@DarianHammersmith Don't want to see your first SE game go to waste, come join the intrigue.

@Davus You seem to be fairly new as well, have any thoughts on the game?

(did I miss anyone?)

Mentioning supicion is now pushing for a lynch? Well then in that case I've been pushing for a lynch on a few people. I can't remember exactly, but from the times I have skimmed over the entire thread, he never urged or pushed a lynch on her until about Cycle 4 at the least.

Point. Apologies, I didn’t look carefully enough at exact wording. I wouldn’t know - I wasn’t really paying attention to the game except through him at that point.

There's also a difference between live chat and forum PMs *shrugs. And to be fair, I've only been paying proper attention since my suspicions on Rae were basically proven to be correct. But yeah, point taken (However I never implied that it was illogical, only that it could be an excuse for "elim doc").

Clarify this? Like, yes, I agree that it’s true (and even more between PMs and Facetime, which can get interesting >>), but don’t see the relevance or the point you’re making. 

Or you know. 
Rae had converted you all, and Wilson had been speaking of suspicion on Orlok, but that dropped since the Lemon/Rae push *shrugs.

Because it was pretty clear from Rae’s reveal in that chat that Orlok wasn’t evil. :P 

And maybe its because I don't usually play like this? I wouldn't class myself as "dangerous" as much as can be predicted. And driving a lynch on someone who is consideed dangerous, and then them turning out to be village, could backfire catastrophically. Lemon was an easy target and Elims just need to bide time *shrugs.

No. You don’t usually play like this. (Which is unfortunate, as this is excellent.) In this game, you are dangerous (in your hypothetical situation) because you are active, suspected Orlok, and are confident. 

That’s the thing that particularly stands out - you’re confident in this game. As far as I can remember, you’re not usually anywhere near this certain. That’s why I’m suspicious. 

Also, as far as I can tell we have a tie between DA and Seonid. Which isn’t useful. >> Either one is innocent and the soother makes sure that person dies (in which case, yes, we know the other’s evil, but it’s probably too late then); both are guilty and the elims leave it as a tie so no one dies, or both are innocent and one dies at random. Though... @Wyrmhero will you be counting Orlok’s vote? 

@Seonid, given you know you’re not evil or pretend you do, care to join on DA? 

Night 9: Love of Money

Once, twice, three times the body swung as a pendulum before it eventually came to a halt. Marsh's crazed grin leered down at them, light reflecting off his eyes and giving him an almost demonic look. It was as though he could spring back to life at any second, and leap down from the rafters, snapping the rope as he descended upon them like the supernatural horror that the skaa believed Mistwraiths to be. They all stood around the body, none of them superstitious but all very cautious, watching it for any sign of movement.

Eventually one of the Obligators crept forward and shoved at his arm, jumping back as if it was going to snap back at them. But no, the body didn't make any attempt to exact revenge; it only swayed slightly from the push before once again coming to a stop.

Waern leaned down and picked the chair up from the floor, setting it upright again. The sighed slightly at the damage done to the fine woodwork of the chair. Ah well, sacrifices must be made in the name of progress. At it was a very old chair anyway, already scarred from Joe's attempt at stacking them up to create a barricade. No great loss.

"Locke, go and search his room. I'm sure you'll find further evidence there."

Locke snapped a salute. "Yes sir," he said, before heading off.

Waern waited until everyone else had left, and then followed him, his hand sliding down to the knife at his belt...

Marsh/Darkness_ was a Traitor!

Marsh/Darkness_ (2): Jaina/little wilson, Cyfna/Elbereth

Sheon/Seonid (1): Hadrian/Araris Valerian.

Night 9 has begun! It will end at 21:00 PM GMT on Wednesday.

red_1510174800.png

There is no longer a Tineye alive, so PMs may not continue.

Players

1. Alrin (Arinian)- Obligator
  2. Sheon, formerly of House Idris (Seonid)
  3. Locke, formerly of House Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  4. Eobard (Steeldancer) - Lurcher
  5. Straw (Straw) - Obligator
  6. Quintus, worldhopper (Jondesu) - Coinshot
  7. Hadrian, formerly of House Penrod (Araris Valerian)
  8. John (Shqueeves)
  9. Variel, ambitious and young (StrikerEZ)
  10. Marsh, but not that Marsh (Darkness_) - Traitor
  11. Pix (Lemonelon) - Obligator
  12. Jaina, obsessed with pandas (littlewilson)
  13. Sart (Sart) - Smoker
  14. Cyfna (Elbereth)
  15. Edguardo 'The Great', long on plans but short on money (Paranoid King)
  16. A Joe in the Bush - Rioter
  17. Armina, of House Handler (Arranae) - Seer
  18. Sony- Obligator
  19. Mira (frozen Mint) - Tineye
  20. Rin (doc12)
  21. Gaskon Renaud, who may get around to procrastinating eventually (Amanuensis) - Obligator
  22. DarianHammersmith
  23. Droughtbringer- Tineye
  24. Davus
  25. Nickel, formerly of House Izenry (Aonar Faileas)

Quick Links:

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'm not sure the soother is active. And while I'm not willing to believe everything Rae said (especially since she hinted rather blatantly that Lemon was a teammate and that was utterly false), I'm starting to think she might have been telling the truth, at the time, about her inactive team. DA didn't become active until after she'd said that, and there are still a number of inactives so it's possible.

Day 10: A Knife in the Dark

Waern crept down the corridor, fearful of being seen despite the fact that it was his own building, and he had every right to be wherever he chose to be within its grounds. No, tonight was not a night that he wanted to be seen.

Before him at the end of the corridor, the sound of footsteps approached. Waern paused, pressing himself up against the wall to avoid being seen. A figure went past the turning. While he couldn’t make them out, he could clearly see that they were determined to achieve something this night. Considering it looked like they were headed towards Cyfna’s room, and he could make out the metal gleam of a dagger, he had a good idea what it was. He thought about following them, but shook his head. He had more important things to take care of tonight.

The second thing Locke did, after locking the door to his room (you never could be too careful), was to light the candle beside his mirror. The light illuminated the area around him faintly, just enough to do a little reading in the darkness of the night. He reached into his pocket and unfolded the letter that Armina had left him. It was perhaps the seventh or eighth time that he had read the note since it fell into his possession, but he was far from bored from it – in fact, it seemed to get more and more enjoyable every time. Locke couldn’t help but chuckle to himself as his eyes skimmed the words again.

“Something funny, Obligator?”

Locke looked up and froze. In the reflection of his mirror, he could see Waern stepping out of the shadow like a wraith, into the dim glow of the candle. “Sir!” A hand containing a set of keys clamped around his chest and held him in place.

“I would tell you that I’m not going to enjoy this, that this is nothing personal...” Waern muttered into his ear as the knife plunged in-between Locke’s ribcage. “But we both know that would be a lie.” He twisted the knife around, before removing it and letting Locke fall to the floor under his own weight.

As he hit the ground, Locke tried to crawl away, further back into his room, one hand clamped at his side to stem the flow, but it wasn't long before he started to falter. He knew that moving away was a pointless endeavour that would only delay any further attack and risked making the wound worse. It wasn’t as though there was any way for him to try and escape either; Waern was blocking his only exit. He gave up, knowing he couldn’t escape, and pushed himself over, bloody handprints marking the floor where he pressed down.

“S-sir! Why?” He managed to choke out, in between breaths. No, why wasn't what he truly wanted to know - How, was what he wanted to know, how had he found out?

“You don’t think I could tell you had something planned?” Waern asked, his voice surprisingly calm and quiet. “The handwriting on that note looks like that pathetic skaa girl's. Considering your mirth, I think I can guess what it says... After all that happened between you, I’m surprised she gave you that information, but I knew that you were planning something big regardless…”

“I was hesitant, I admit. It was a bit of a risk to assume your plot was to do with me, but I was willing to kill you for potentially no reason. Just in case, you understand. But no, I am entirely vindicated.” He smiled down at Locke, stepping forcefully on his foot and pressing down. “This is clearly an attempt at blackmailing one of The Lord Ruler’s officials, a crime punishable by death. Not that anyone will know it was me here, anyway. We still have a few murderers around here that I can pin it on…”

“But...” Locke said, trying to push himself up. His palm slipped, slick from the blood, and he dropped down onto his back again with a painful thud. “What if-”

“What if you’d told someone?” Waern grinned. “I know you, Locke, better than you think. You're similar to me in my youth. You're too clever, too power-hungry for your own good. You would never have given anything away to other people that you could benefit from yourself. You would have kept it close to your heart, perhaps making a few careful arrangements once the game began in earnest, but you'd still wait until the last possible moment… And of course, it seems that I was right. Unfortunately for you, I simply know you too well, and I started making my move before you were ready to even begin playing.”

He crouched down and picked up the letter from where it had fallen from Locke’s hands. “Don’t feel too disheartened. It all comes down to experience, really. I’ve been involved with politics for far too long, and I know when someone’s becoming ready to make a power grab.” He went over to the candle Locke had lit, and held the paper over it. It started to singe, and give off a faint plume of smoke, before it caught alight. Waern waited until all of it had burnt to cinders except for the part he was using to hold the letter, and then let the rest fall onto the wick. He carefully stepped around the pool of blood, and the expiring Locke, as he left the room.

“Goodbye, Locke,” he said, pausing on his way out of the door, “I’ll see you in hell.”

He believed it too.

Cyfna was a Seeker!

Day 10 has begun! It will end at 21:00 PM GMT on Friday.

red_1510347600.png

Players

8. John (Shqueeves)
  13. Sart (Sart) - Smoker
  14. Cyfna (Elbereth) - Seeker
  18. Sony- Obligator
  20. Rin (doc12)
  21. Gaskon Renaud, who may get around to procrastinating eventually (Amanuensis) - Obligator
  22. DarianHammersmith
  24. Davus

Quick Links:

Edited by Wyrmhero

Of the living active players, I'm most suspicious of Seonid. As I mentioned last cycle, he and DA could have been working together to lynch Orlok, who would have been the largest threat to their team since he was a Soother. I can't really explain why neither DA nor Seonid voted to cause a tie at the end of the cycle, but if one elim can goof up then I guess two can just as well. It's not like inactivity is outside the norm in this game :/.

I think we can also be fairly confident that Wilson is a villager. There is no reason for her to have one of three total votes and to kill her own teammate. Much simpler to kill a villager and just win.

I'm convinced by Wilson's innocence at the moment as well. Unfortunately, I don't have much to point to to say for myself. I'm not evil, but I can't prove it. At this stage of the game, it's most likely a death sentence.

As far as suspicions go, I don't have much. I'll try to go back through the last few cycles and see what I can come up with.

Araris . Your point about my villageness is hinged on the fact that I could've used my vote last cycle to kill a villager, rather than DA, yet the only person who had a vote on them was Seonid, by you. Soo, if I were evil, I would've voted Seonid with you, killed a villager, and won? So you're evil? Duly noted.

The "kill a villager" specifically applies to the scenario where you are elim and Seonid is village, which is one of two possibilities I am discounting. The other possibility I'm discounting is that both you and Seonid are elims, in which case you could have removed your vote to cause a tie (since you were actually online at the end of the cycle I believe, unlike DA and Seonid).

Night 10: Appeal For Calm

Waern knocked on Sheon's door, fountain pen and clipboard in his other hand. When there was no response, he knocked again.

A sleepy Sheon answered, covering his mouth as he yawned. "What-" he yawned again. "What's wrong, sir?"

"Where is everyone?" Waern asked, frowning at him. "Why aren't you all in the atrium?"

"Can't speak about everyone else, sir, but... I'm feeling a bit drained today."

Waern sighed. "Fine. Give me a name."

"Uh... Hadrian?" Sheon said, blinking a bit in confusion.

Waern nodded and added a marker to his tally. "Fine, you're dismissed, or whatever."

"Thanks sir... Night..." Sheon gave him a slow bow, and then closed the door.

"Night?" Waern asked himself, "It's ten in the morning! Lord Ruler save me from these people..." He sighed and took a few breaths. "Right, let's see..." He looked at the table he had been jotting down, and groaned. His hand had smudged the ink, rendering it entirely unreadable. He yelled a wordless scream of fury and threw it down the corridor, storming off.

No-one was lynched!

Hadrian/Araris Valerian (1): Sheon/Seonid, Jaina/little wilson

Sheon/Seonid (1): Hadrian/Araris Valerian

Night 10 has begun! It will end at 21:00 PM GMT on Saturday.

red_1510434000.png

Players

8. John (Shqueeves)
  13. Sart (Sart) - Smoker
  14. Cyfna (Elbereth) - Seeker
  18. Sony- Obligator
  20. Rin (doc12)
  22. DarianHammersmith
  24. Davus

Quick Links:

Edited by Wyrmhero

4 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

"The night turn closed an hour ago" 

Wow. I'm pretty sure daylight savings is what messed me up on that hour but how'd we get a whole cycle behind? :P

Taunting the GM is dangerous, Aonar... :P

Probably too late, but I think that Araris and Aonar are evil. Probably the last two, if my analysis holds. My guess would be 5 Elims for a game this size, which means 4 beads of atium for the seer. One remained unused, meaning 3 conversions. We got 1 of them, so there's the last two.

@Elbereth, @little wilson, @Shqueeves (I saw you post in LG40 - I know you're around! You can at least give us a villager vote!), @Paranoid King, @StrikerEZ, @Doc12, @DarianHammersmith

Posting within the next 24 hours would be appreciated, to let us know if you're around and can be counted.

Yep.  They do.  You can't blame the last ditch effort of a semi active and highly distracted villager, though.

Well played, though. Good job.

I shouldn't have signed up, frankly. I didn't have the time to do a good job at  anything this game,  so i just hovered around the borders of inactivity, trying desperately to come up with something to contribute.  Ultimately, it wasn't enjoyable for anyone concerned.