Wyrmhero

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Wait somebody stuffed Odium into a panda? This is a story I must dig up sometime.

In that case you will need to start at LG6, then head to LG10 followed by LG11 and LG20 (Elim Doc) finally reach LG24 for the full story.  Or you, and everyone one else, can try and get @Elbereth to type up the Epic Tale of the Worldhopping Panda.  If anyone can do it justice, El can.  Maybe see if @Haelbarde will write a parody for the Panda.  You both know you really, really want to.

2 hours ago, Alvron said:

In that case you will need to start at LG6, then head to LG10 followed by LG11 and LG20 (Elim Doc) finally reach LG24 for the full story.  Or you, and everyone one else, can try and get @Elbereth to type up the Epic Tale of the Worldhopping Panda.  If anyone can do it justice, El can.  Maybe see if @Haelbarde will write a parody for the Panda.  You both know you really, really want to.

Didn't it show up briefly in the prologue to LG14

On 10/4/2017 at 4:02 PM, Seonid said:

Didn't it show up briefly in the prologue to LG14

I'm not entirely sure.  I know it turned up in a few games I didn't list but those were brief guest appearances as far as I can recall.  We need someone to write The Ballad of Pandamodium.  :)  It is the only way we can ever truly appreciate the full impact that Jain and his pandas has had on SE.  #missyouJain

Indeed, it gets a bit awkward when you mention times by GMT in Britain at this time of the year, since we're not on it anymore and it can cause confusion if people don't realise. It is important to note that we will move from British Summer Time back to GMT later in the month, but I will try not to change the length of any Cycles because of it.

Speaking of which, there are 26 hours left to register, and we only have 12 people. People on the fence, can we convince you to change your minds? :P

9 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Speaking of which, there are 26 hours left to register, and we only have 12 people. People on the fence, can we convince you to change your minds? :P

I will risk signing up. The new job offers more free time than i expected. Don't expect more than a post a day from me though, I am still very busy.Z

EDIT: Little Wilson is not on the Player List?

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Armina Handler was born dealing in information. Her family, the Handlers led a double life under the spires of Kredik Shaw: by day, they cleaned, scrubbed, and washed the keeps of the Great Houses of Luthadel. By night, they sold secrets to the highest bidder and blackmailed houses to extort money. Armina grew up learning to cheat, lie, listen, and steal from the movers and shakers of Luthadel.

As Armina handed out drinks to the ballgoers of Luthadel, she watched. Who was talking up Lord Elariel with marriage arrangements this time? Who did Lady Venture shun and favor within her circle? How much money had Lord Tekiel lost this time?

Gradually, however, her focus came to rest not on the nobles but the ones watching them. The obligators. They were everywhere, and nothing was valid unless they had witnessed it. Lord Elariel's marriage arrangements? They were called over to listen to the entire negotiation. Lady Venture's favor? They witnessed enough of her backroom dealings to be able to piece together her goals. Lord Tekiel's gambling problem? They knew exactly how many boxings he gambled had away, down to the last clip. The obligators knew everything, and Armina wanted in.

When Armina was seventeen, she made her choice. After her family gave away the layout of Keep Tekiel to a notorious skaa thieving crew, she went to the Steel Ministry. It took some haggling, some arm twisting, and more than a little bit of bribery, but at the end, Armina was allowed to join the newest batch of recruits for the Steel Ministry. Everything had been perfect.

Until she had been assigned to this wretched outpost in the middle of nowhere.

Here, life had been the same old mind-numbing work day after day after day. There was none of the excitement of mingling among important people, as there was in Luthadel. There were hardly any people here at all, let alone anybody worth noticing. The worst part was that this assignment might be permanent. As far as Armina knew, even Parelan Waern, high up as he was, seemed stuck here for life.

But that was all about to change soon.