2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I'm curious what this third fraction would be. What would be it's win conditions?

I still have no idea who to vote for, but I'll try to post some RP today :)

The third fraction, 1/3, is a mathematical statement, and presumably it's win condition would be to multiply by the reciprocal to isolate the x variable.

:P

Also, anyone notice the PREPARE YOURSELVES THIS CITY WILL BURN in the write-up?

My thoughts... Well, there were 2 votes placed on 2 different players. Both by politicians. It would be quite weird for a village politician to kill someone, since in C1, there was nothing suspicious going on IMO. On the other hand, I would be surprised if Mordor team got 2 politicians... that would make them overpowered. I think, that at least one of those votes was cast by Mordor politician, just to kill more villagers. The other one is totally unexpected and hard to explain. Which is which? No idea.

I think I'll cast my vote on Lemonelon, because what he did might have been an honest mistake, but he also might have tried to put spotlight on randuir for some reason. (I also don't know if I'll be online for the end of the turn, so I'd rather cast a vote already)

Now, for some RP...

Mestiv sat down at his desk, his clothes still smoking. The recent failed experiment devastated his laboratory when everything decided to go BOOM. He didn't mind though. You cannot make progress without failure. He scribbed in his log:

Experiment 1337:
Mixing samples 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 caused an explosion of considerable strength. Might be useful, if all substances can be carried safely together. 
Will have to stop experimenting for couple of days, before the workers reconstruct northern wall. Still no clues on how to obtain Adminium.

Mestiv was an alchemist, one of the best in whole Middlearth. Definitely best in Minas Tirith. He figured out how to transform any metal into gold many years ago. Since then, explosive experiments and devastated laboratories were no longer a problem.

Right now, he was playing with a clod of  Globmodium - a new metal he created recently. It's properties were still unclear, but unfortunately it wasn't the legendary Adminium. The metal he searched for was said to be able to kill those who were already dead. It would be most useful, when the nine Ringwraiths leave Mordor...

47 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

(emphasis my own) heyyyyy :P when was I ever suspicious lol ;) I mostly only posted once to ask about voting xD *shrugs I don't really get why a "village" politician would use their action on the first cycle. I'm just glad I didn't die cycle one. I mean, there wasn't much to go off of in the thread so why even use it when the chances of hitting a villager are way higher without anything to go off of? That reason alone would make me wonder if both politicians were elim, except that I've known villagers to use their powers like this cycle one before. Guess I just don't see the reasoning behind it. It's better to wait and see if you can figure out who the elims are before using it. Especially when there are no votes in thread. Using it cycle one, under those circumstances just seems far more helpful for the elims than it does for the village. (okay done ranting xD) I suppose I just feel that those were either two elim politicians, one of each and the villager just decided to use it for some reason, or Orlok's theory about a third faction could be a possibility. (although I'm unsure of what their goal would be)

@Steeldancer wasn't Orlok an elim in the Gunnerkrigg court game? He was very talkey in that one lol. :P Just sayin, I wouldn't put it past him haha (although lynching the active and more talkative players is something I wouldn't want to do this early in the game because we need to keep discussion going)

I can see how Lemon would think Rand was a scanner role if they missed the vote count in the writeup...I don't think that's such a big deal since they're a newer player. And assuming that their was at least one elim politician seems rational to me. (maybe I'm biased cuz that's also my opinion haha xD) That said, I would still vote on Lemon right now but mostly because they've had so much back and forth discussion with a few other people I'd like to get a read on, and finding out Lemon's alignment could help with that. Ninja'd by Rand (and I'd also vote Lemon to avoid having that secret vote happen again xD) But by this reasoning I could also vote on Rand or Orlok...I just really don't want either of them gone because they're adding so much to drive discussion and they usually do. I guess for now, Lemonelon. I'll make sure to watch and see if anyone else says anything to give me a better vote choice before the cycle ends. (I'll be around online so not like I'll miss the voting heh) I just really don't want another no vote cycle xD. (well we had votes :rolleyes:)

um I was an elim with him. It didn't feel like he was actually saying much in that game. But I was biased, being an elim with him and all.

Also, I love when I hop onto a new device and Mestivs signature hasn't figured out who I am yet.

One more unrelated thing; I keep looking at the name of this game and thinking of the man of La Mancha. So, here is a parody.

Hear me now oh thou bleak and unbearable world
Thou art base and debauched as can be
And a knight with his banners all bravely unfurled
Now hurls down his gauntlet to thee!
I am I, Don Quixote, the Lord of La Lynches
Destroyer of Evil am I,
I will march to the sound of the trumpets of glory
Forever to conquer or die
Hear me heathens and wizards and serpents of sin
All your dastardly doings are past
For a holy endeavor is now to begin
And virtue shall triumph at last!
I am I, Don Quixote, the Lord of La Lynches
Destroyer of Evil am I,
I will march to the sound of the trumpets of glory
Forever to conquer or die!

Edited by Steeldancer

43 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

Okay, so if I'm going to voted on today anyway I might as well claim. I'm village politician, voted for BR first cycle. I didn't have any suspicions of course as it was the first cycle and as I was making my way down the player list from the sign up page BR had a space before and after their name and I took it as a sign I should pick them. No idea how BR is aligned I was just hoping I didn't pick a village- which didn't make a difference anyway as RNG picked the other vote. 

This is either unfortunate (if you are village), or just as I thought (if you prove to be an elim). There's plenty of votes on Lemon for now, but if someone wants to make another lynch suggestion, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Vote tally

Lemonelon(4): Orlok, BR, Mestiv, Randuir

@Orlok Tsubodai I don't really have much to add. It's clear that there's at least two Politicians. If what Lemon claims is true, then either the other Politician who voted did the same thing as Lemon did (picking a random person), or they wanted DA dead. I'm leaning towards the second option, since I don't think two people would randomly pick someone to lynch in the first cycle. 

On another note, I'm still very curious about the pipe weed item. Is it wrong to assume that there's probably other items in this game?

@Alvron Do you like PO-TA-TOES? :P 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

As much as I find Alvron's antics funny, I feel like it might be a ploy to avoid scrutiny. I'm going to scrutinize it and say Alvron. AND now I accidentally started typing in white. Grammatical errors abound. 

That was my first thought. My second thought was @STINK in El's last QF. The one where we all died

Silver hopped off of the tree, which was starting to smell like Hobbit Weed. He strolled lazily down the street, watching a butterfly hungrily. He stopped short when he saw @Alvron wandering about, talking to himself in the Ancient Language of the Creators.

"Ooklay in the agbay, Indianapolis sounds like a shark?" he asked.

___

So... We had two politicians vote on BR and DA, there was a coinflip, and then Cole was killed by the elims or by a Hobbit Weed overdose, correct?

I wonder how long it will take for everyone to catch on to using white text. That gives me an idea. Everyone who has "caught on" put some white text in all your posts for here on out, even if it is a single letter. Don't say anything about it in regular text. We ill see how long it takes people to find out.

Edited by Roadwalker

Okay, I am temporarily not speaking gibberish. Give me a few hours and I'll be on a long bus ride and able to actually spend some time on this game.

I'm not remotely caught up on the thread.

For now, my thoughts on the lynch last cycle.

I predict one village politician voted on BR, and one elim politicain voted on DA.

I predict that DA gave some indication of his identity in the noble doc.

I predict that the elims have both a noble and a politician, and took the opportunity to take out a village noble in a way that has relatively little risk associated with it.

So yeah. Back in a while. But that was my take on last cycle.

1 hour ago, Roadwalker said:

Silver hopped off of the tree, which was starting to smell like Hobbit Weed. He strolled lazily down the street, watching a butterfly hungrily. He stopped short when he saw @Alvron wandering about, talking to himself in the Ancient Language of the Creators.

"Ooklay in the agbay, Indianapolis sounds like a shark?" he asked.

___

So... We had two politicians vote on BR and DA, there was a coinflip, and then Cole was killed by the elims or by a Hobbit Weed overdose, correct?

I wonder how long it will take for everyone to catch on to using white text. That gives me an idea. Everyone who has "caught on" put some white text in all your posts for here on out, even if it is a single letter. Don't say anything about it in regular text. We ill see how long it takes people to find out.

Hm. actually I already have in an earlier post... by accident.

58 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Okay, I am temporarily not speaking gibberish. Give me a few hours and I'll be on a long bus ride and able to actually spend some time on this game.

I'm not remotely caught up on the thread.

For now, my thoughts on the lynch last cycle.

I predict one village politician voted on BR, and one elim politicain voted on DA.

I predict that DA gave some indication of his identity in the noble doc.

I predict that the elims have both a noble and a politician, and took the opportunity to take out a village noble in a way that has relatively little risk associated with it.

So yeah. Back in a while. But that was my take on last cycle.

I wish that didn't make as much sense. Something something ignorance is bliss. The one big assumption is that DA posted in the noble doc while he didn't post in the main thread, however. He was active in the past two days though, so it's not impossible that he did, and If his normal posting and gameplay style is any indication, he might not have been particularly incognito. I'm really torn on this issue, but for now Lemonelon.

29 minutes ago, randuir said:

I wish that didn't make as much sense. Something something ignorance is bliss. The one big assumption is that DA posted in the noble doc while he didn't post in the main thread, however. He was active in the past two days though, so it's not impossible that he did, and If his normal posting and gameplay style is any indication, he might not have been particularly incognito. I'm really torn on this issue, but for now Lemonelon.

It certainly makes sense, but so too does DA being a random target, that happened to be a noble. Whilst I can certainly see Drake's analysis being true, it's also complicated, and requires a number of assumptions, whilst not being evidenced. I think that Lemonelon's actions constitute actual evidence of suspicious behaviour, which drives me towards scepticism as to Drake's suggestion. I'm not going to ask any one to step forward, but suspect that we might have seen a counter-vote with greater impetus had other nobles seen that which Drake suggests, and this hasn't materialised, which to me constitutes some (albeit relatively weak) evidence against his proposal. As such, I'm minded to keep my vote on Lemonelon.

oops totaly sliped my mind tanks for the mention orloc
i dont think i have much to add that hasnt already been said (perhaps i'll do a whole reread of the game so far tomorow and find out something but currently i am anoyed by how little information we have , i mean it is only day 2 but it seems little even by those standards)
i do have a question though , when did the speculation for a 3rd party stem from?  

P.S. if ppl can plz stop finding out the encryptions before i have a chance to decrypt them that'd be great 

5 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

It certainly makes sense, but so too does DA being a random target, that happened to be a noble. Whilst I can certainly see Drake's analysis being true, it's also complicated, and requires a number of assumptions, whilst not being evidenced. I think that Lemonelon's actions constitute actual evidence of suspicious behaviour, which drives me towards scepticism as to Drake's suggestion. I'm not going to ask any one to step forward, but suspect that we might have seen a counter-vote with greater impetus had other nobles seen that which Drake suggests, and this hasn't materialised, which to me constitutes some (albeit relatively weak) evidence against his proposal. As such, I'm minded to keep my vote on Lemonelon.

This is certainly a valid reason to keep your vote on him. I'm just conflicted quite badly about it, so I'm really unsure one way or another. If I'm still alive next cycle I should have time for a thorough read-through and to put out some opinions one everyone, which should hopefully give em something more to go on.

@King Cole, please don’t post in the thread at all since you’re dead.

As for the discussion, I’m getting weird vibes from Lemon, but this feels like the many many times I’ve seen someone say something that was odd or have bad logic, and I don’t think any of those have resulted in an Elim lynch that I can remember. I think I’ll put my vote on Alvron since I can definitely see him using a tactic like insanity to appear innocent.