@randuir Oh! I didn't see the "Known roles" part. Thanks. :) 

That does make it seem like that the possibility of secret roles being in the game more likely. 

@Orlok Tsubodai Ah, you are right. I was just assuming that the secret roles would be part of an evil faction, and that was a bad assumption on my part. Also, a serial killer role? What have those done in the past? 

32 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Your ploy certainly produced information, and you don't necessarily need to vote on one of the people who targeted you for it to have born fruit, but I do think a case exists for lynching Steeeldancer.

Another thing, can you explain what the case is for lynching Steeldancer? I'm not sure I follow. 

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Hmm... I think that "Tasty" might be Alv saying that he agrees.

Yes Straw, I does seem that way :P Maybe the more "Tasty's" indicates that Alv agrees with that statement more than the other ones? 

Just now, Sony said:

Also, a serial killer role? What have those done in the past? 

The archetypal serial killer role is a role that has as goal to be the last player remaining alive. He also usually has a kill to help him achieve that goal.

10 minutes ago, Straw said:

Hmm... I think that "Tasty" might be Alv saying that he agrees.

Tasty.

Prick, prick.  Prickles.

6 minutes ago, Sony said:

Yes Straw, I does seem that way :P Maybe the more "Tasty's" indicates that Alv agrees with that statement more than the other ones? 

Flip-flap-flopping fish.  Tasty.

I was going to say that I did not intend to move my vote. However(mestiv), I'm going to consolidate the vote on steeldancer to prevent the ploy I was wondering about in my first post this cycle.

I'm still suspicious of Mestiv. It is true that he's a new player, but showing insincerity in a post is a mistake something that more experienced players wouldn't make. I'm also still weary of Alvron, but the fact that apparently he is interacting with the game more than I initially thought means that he isn't a 'safe' lynch to get info on others that voted against him. Manukos's move still really confuses me, but it's a NAI kind of confusion.

Vote tally

Manukos(2): asterion, Steeldancer, Doc

Steeldancer(4): Alvron, Orlok, Manukos, Randuir

Mestiv(0): Randuir

Alvron(1): Mestiv

Edited by randuir

6 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@queensteph, given you should now have more time, what are your thoughts on the votes for Alv last cycle? Do you think that this could indeed be the expression of Nobles disagreeing with Lemonelon's lynch on the basis I set out yesterday, confirming Drake's theory? What do you think on lynching Alv this cycle?

ugg i have 15 min for analysis i hate myself. 

@Orlok Tsubodai I don't really think Alv is an elim, His ramblings have to have some interpretation I'm just not sure yet what that is. Besides "tasting" meaning yes.

Most of the votes on him last cycle seemed to be just thrown there merely because of the fact they didn't like his ramblings. I don't really know what that would have to do with Nobles? How do they fit into that situation? I'm kinda confused by what you're asking me. As for lynching Alv this cycle I don't think it's a good idea because I'm getting a village read on him.

Also,

I am inclined to agree with Rand about the possibility of Orlok being a WGG, but I really haven't analyzed enough to have firm enough suspicions of my own. I do feel that he was quick to vote on Lemonelon and started a bandwagon and basically forcing out a claim when it was already seemed pretty obvious that they were a politician and most likely village. Jondesu not being very active but then voting on Alv last cycle also makes me suspicious. I'm going to go ahead and vote Jondesu

I don't think I really have time to analyze Steeldancer's posts, Can someone sum up why everyone is voting on him?? I got mixed signals from reading through this cycle it was confusing. Also, I don't really understand what Manukos was trying to do, buuut it doesn't really feel evil to me.

Sorry for not being very active this cycle either. :( I'll try to be better.

Edit: Ninja'd by like 5 people

Edited by queensteph

3 hours ago, Sony said:

Hey, sorry I’m a little late, but here’s my thoughts on a couple of things.

Alvron:

I don’t see much talk on this, but is it possible that he’s being forced to talk like this? I think some of his responses pretty much make this work. It seems possible to me that there’s an item that could have corrupted him in some way and makes him talk like this (I’m going to list some potential items at the end of this post.)  

Roadwalker:

You mention secret roles; however, I have seen no indication of secret roles in this game. Really? 

"Secret roles/items/alignments are possible." ~ Len, in the bottom of the known rules tag of the first post in the game, 

Can you explain what you mean by this? Also, while I do agree with you there is a possibility that he's talking like this due to his role or an item, why did you make this text invisible? It was just speculation, which I am taking some heat over, so I kept it to myself. For me, the white text is basically role-playing.

I am leaning towards either lynching Roadwalker or Manukos right now, albeit that these are only minor suspicions. Roadwalker since that they said there are secret roles, but I haven’t seen any indication of that. Although, I honestly could have just missed something.

Cycle 4: ????

[writeup will be done when Len can manage it]

Steeldancer was lynched! He was a Gondor Scribe
Orlok was attacked, but was saved!

Vote Count
Steeldancer (4) 
Manukos (2) 
Jondesu (1) 
Alvron (1)

Cycle 4 has begun. You have ~21 hours to send in actions and pick who to lynch (because this cycle will end at the regular time, not later). 

blu_1507497300.png

Player List
1. Lemonelon - Unspecified Politician
2. King Cole - Unspecified Scribe
3. Randuir - Randuir
4. Jondesu - Findecano Nenharma
5. Steeldancer - Twigeye Scribe
6. Sony - Sony
7. Alvron - Zunn the Mad
8. Asterion - Hobo Baggins
9. Doc - Unspecified
10. Steph - Unspecified
11. Drake Marshall - The Marshall of Minas Tirith
12. Manukos - Oakmus N
13. Darkness Ascendant - Mori lôm Nobleman
14. Sami - Jedal Snyders Steward of Gondor
15. Orlok Tsubodai - Annatar
16. Mestiv - Unspecified
17. Roadwalker - Silver Feather
18. Straw - Straw
19. Brightness Radiant - Unspecified
20. Megasif - Megamir

Edited by Elbereth

Huh, I have no idea why Steel would think I was evil if Manukos is, which I think is what I’m getting from that part of the message.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw what Sif and Steel posted about my defense of Manokus last cycle. I thought my logic was pretty sound and my reasons pretty clear, but whatever.

Edited by Jondesu

Over-kill and Under-kill:

Twigeye was an ent. You wouldn't think that that would be so important, but it was. You see, there's a lot of xenophobia around in Minas Tirith right now. The Haradrim have always been suspected of associating with the Enemy, but apparently it now extends to ents as well. Twigeye learned this the hard way.

He was doing nothing more sinister than walking down a street in the Third Circle when a window opened.

"Hey! Quit eavesdropping!"

"I wasn't dropping any eaves, honest!" said Twigeye, enjoying the subtle reference to the eaves of a forest. "Don't get hasty with me!"

Nothing happened to Twigeye right then; nobody would dare mess with an ent while it was awake. But when night fell, and the city guard needed fuel for their watch-fires, he was the first to go.

Annatar awoke to a sinister voice.

"I see you are recovered from our last meeting. Are you ready for us to finish what we started?"

Annatar looked around, but his eyes weren't adjusted to the darkness. He could see nothing but an impenetrable cloud of blackness.

"W...who are you?"

"I am your deepest fear."

"What, a tiny spider? I hate those." Annatar jested, still trying to adjust his eyes.

The figure in the darkness laughed, but the sound was cut off. Thud!

"Thank you!" Annatar said, as he heard someone dragging an unconscious body away.

Just now, Roadwalker said:

Huh. Orlok attacked again. This seems targeted at making us less likely to suspect a WGG, so I am starting to suspect a WGG. Probably won't be on much this cycle. Dang. Flash died. And no hidden messages in the write-up.

Personally, I think that the eliminators thought that a guard was unlikely to protect me two cycles running, and sought to take advantage of it. Whilst you clearly shouldn't take my word for it, I'd point out that the loss of two kills, and degree of scrutiny that brings upon me would be a bizarre move for an eliminator team when the first attack on me would have sufficed, were it a WGG.

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Personally, I think that the eliminators thought that a guard was unlikely to protect me two cycles running, and sought to take advantage of it. Whilst you clearly shouldn't take my word for it, I'd point out that the loss of two kills, and degree of scrutiny that brings upon me would be a bizarre move for an eliminator team when the first attack on me would have sufficed, were it a WGG.

A kettle!  In the kettle!  A ring surrounding everything.  Pin cushion!

Honestly, though I'm not completely disregarding the WGG tactic yet, I don't think the elim team would waste two kills on it in a rather obvious display (if they where going to do it, they ought to space it out a bit to make it more believable). So yeah, Orlok is probably good. 

14 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Exactly what we are supposed to think.

Just a warning: this post is going to be a bit rambling.

So, first of all, I'd like to spend some more time thinking about the attack on Orlok. As I said, the double-tap really seems overdoing it if it's a WGG, so I think the more likely scenario is that the elims really want Orlok to die. This strikes me as somewhat odd. It doesn't seem like Orlok is on to any of the elims yet, and since this game doesn't have any PM's it's unlikely Orlok has said something to the wrong people to make himself a target. The only thing I can think of is that he's a Noble and has somehow outed himself in their doc, and if that was the case I think he might have claimed at this point given that the elims seem to be targeting him quite consistently.

This means that the elims main motivation for targeting Orlok two cycles in a row could quite possibly be to get an experienced player out of the game before he becomes a threat. There are a number of players that are unlikely to use this kind of mindset.

...Unfortunately, most of those aren't playing this game, so it doesn't allow me to actually limit the number of suspects much, if at all. Still, I feel this might be worth pointing out, as there might be some others that can do something with this line of reasoning.

Anyway, there is still at least 1 politician out there who might just be an elim. Therefore we shouldn't leave the vote to this politician. Roadwalker's opening comment this cycle makes me slightly more suspicious of him as he seems to have made a 180 turn regarding the possibility of a WGG (which he didn't even seem to consider at the start of last cycle). I makes me wonder if he's an elim trying to salvage their second lost kill by using it to make Orlok look even more suspicious. Asterion also has caught my attention because, though he posts a couple of times per cycle, he isn't actually saying anything. Looking back through his posts, they are almost all one-liners with most not really relating to the game at all. I know that he is quite capable of putting up more from past games as well, so for now I'm going to vote on him (asterion).

Edited by randuir

Ahm. Did you play Ecth's blackout, where Orlok vig-killed ALL of the elims in one stroke? Anyway, that's going against my point.

2 minutes ago, randuir said:

Roadwalker's opening comment this cycle makes me slightly more suspicious of him as he seems to have made a 180 turn regarding the possibility of a WGG (which he didn't even seem to consider at the start of last cycle). I makes me wonder if he's an elim trying to salvage their second lost kill by using it to make Orlok look even more suspicious.

Well. Orlok was attacked again. And yes, I pretty much made a 180 turn after sleeping on it. I don't like you and Orlok both pushing that "it is so ridiculous, no eliminator would ever do this." In LG:33 we went through some interesting schemes to get Orlok trusted by the village.