QF27: Lord of the Lynches: Terror in Minas Tirith

The year is 2756 in the Third Age. The land of Gondor lies dark and silent, menaced by an ever-growing shadow on its eastern frontier. Minas Ithil has fallen to the Enemy, and it will not be many years until Osgiliath suffers the same fate. But the plans of Sauron wait for no man. Even now, when the forces of Gondor are watching the expansion of Mordor, a few of Sauron's most cunning servants are ready to strike a blow at the heart of Gondor itself.

Ground Rules:

Spoiler
  • Elbereth will be my co-GM for this game.
  • The game is divided into cycles that are 24 hours long each.
  • The Mordor team get a kill every cycle, submitted as an active action by one of their players, and win if they outnumber the remaining Gondor players. The Mordor team also gets their own doc to scheme in.
  • Each cycle, the players as a group chose one player to lynch. Lynch votes in the active thread must be listed in Red, with retractions in Green. The player will be lynched who has the most votes on them at the end of the cycle. There is no minimum number of votes required for a lynch. A tied lynch will result in the lynch being made at random among the players tied for the lead.
  • The Gondor players win if all Mordor characters are killed.
  • The dead doc will be the same as the spec doc.
  • Actions will be triggered by sending a PM to the GM. Actions that must be triggered this way are marked as "active" in the roles list. Passive actions do not require an action submission. The Mordor kill is considered an active action. A player may only trigger one active action per round.
  • A player will be notified if their action was successful or not. A kill targeting a protected player counts as a successful performing of the action. A kill targeting an Outlaw using their ability will be unsuccessful.
  • The write-up will contain a list of all successful kills and kills blocked by the Guard of the Citadel, but not kills blocked by the Outlaw. If a kill is blocked by both the Guard and the Outlaw, it will appear in the write-up. All dead players' roles, alignments, and items (if secret items exist) will appear in the write-up.
  • PMs are closed. There are no secret abilities that open PMs.
  • Players must post at least every other cycle. Players who go two complete cycles without posting will die of inactivity, unless they have PM-ed the GM in advance that they will be inactive.
  • Turnover will be at 11:00 PM MST
  • Secret roles/items/alignments are possible.

Known Roles:

Spoiler

Steward of Gondor: Gondor only, Unique

Palantir of Minas Tirith (active): Each cycle, the Steward may choose to observe one player using the Palantir and learn the target player's role, but not alignment.

Lieutenant of Mordor: Mordor only, Unique

Scheme (active): Each cycle, the Lieutenant of Mordor may learn the role and alignment of a player.

Guard of the Citadel: Gondor/Mordor

Guard's Training (active): Each cycle, the Citadel Guard may choose a player to protect. That player is protected from the Mordor kill, but not from any lynching  and not from the Noblemen's kill (see Nobleman, below). The guard is notified if they defended from an attack, but does not learn the identity of any of the attackers.

Politician: Gondor/Mordor

Liar (active): A politician's in-thread lynch votes are not binding. Instead, a Politician votes directly to the GM. If the Politician does not send a PM with their actual vote, their vote defaults to whatever they posted in-thread. Politicians may make their secret vote a no-vote. Due to this mechanic, the GM's write-up will include only lynch vote totals, not names of voters.

Nobleman: Gondor/Mordor

Elite Company (passive): Noblemen have access to a special doc where they can discuss among themselves.

Personal Assassins (passive): The noblemen may vote in their doc to assassinate a character. This assassination is unblockable and requires no actions to use, but can only be used once per game and with the vote of more than half of the living Noblemen.

Outlaw: Gondor/Mordor

Underworld Connections (active): Once per game, the Outlaw may choose to disappear into the criminal underworld for one night. While there, he is immune to the Mordor kill, but not to the Noblemen's kill. In addition, the Outlaw learns the name (but not role or alignment) of all characters who targeted him with any of the following actions: Guard's Training, Scheme, and Kill. He does not learn the types of actions used against him, but only which characters targeted him with any of the actions. Players caught using such an action will not be notified that they have been detected.

Scribe: Gondor/Mordor

Publish (passive, then active after death): After the Scribe dies, he/she may make one PM to the GM that will be posted in thread by the GM. It may not contain more than 100 characters (spaces included) and may not contain a vote. The scribe may write and submit their PM before death, but this is not required. If the Scribe goes a full cycle after death without submitting a message, they lose that opportunity.

Clock will be posted later. Good luck, men of Gondor! (And Mordor, too, but it would be bad for my image to cheer on the homicidal maniacs.

blu_1507152600.png

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Lemonelon - Unspecified. When life gives you Lemonelons, make Lemonelonade. Either that or make combustible Lemonelons and burn Life's house down.
2. King Cole - Unspecified. Since King of Rock and Roll was taken, Mr. Cole decided being an unspecified king would be better for everyone concerned.
3. Randuir - Randuir, a guy whose name tells it like it is.
4. Jondesu - Findecano Nenharma, Prince of Mirkwood and cousin to Legolas Greenleaf. His royal status is second only to his hair.
5. Steeldancer - Twigeye, a representative of the local Eta Nu Tau (ENT) fraternity. Says he's come to make a treaty. I personally suspect he's here to party.
6. Sony - Sony, making Spider Lenny proud.
7. Alvron - Zunn the Mad, wearing either black cloth or really matted dreadlocks. We can't tell which.
8. Asterion - Hobo Baggins. Lives under a bridge. His hippier cousin is named Yolo Swaggins.
9. Doc - Unspecified. He's a poet and he knoweth it.
10. Steph - Unspecified. Has been waiting for something. We hope it's not assassins. Please don't let it be assassins.
11. Drake Marshall - The Marshall of Minas Tirith. Does not believe in sleep. Probably evil, because we all know evil never sleeps.
12. Manukos - Oakmus N. Master encryptioner (so he says) who likes Riddles in the Dark.
13. Darkness Ascendant - Mori Iomi. Likes making very vague prophecies.
14. Sami - Jedal Snyders. Fighter that we've probably heard of before.
15. Orlok Tsubodai - Annatar. A gentleman and a scholar, with nothing untoward about his character.
16. Mestiv - Unspecified. Has some sort of "God mode" called administrator permissions. Hope he doesn't break anything.
17. Roadwalker - Silver Feather. Wants to become a great eagle, but all he has now is a great ego.
18. Straw - Straw. Like finding a needle in a haystack, except it's a Straw in a needlestack.
19. Brightness Radiant - Unspecified. Wants to be in a doc. Hopefully the RNG takes pity on her.
20. Megasif - Megamir. TBC.

Quick Links:

Just now, Arraenae said:

No, it's for role and alignment.

I meant the purpose of the Elim team having that.  I agree that they don't really need alignment scanning, unless there's something I'm not seeing, but Len may have copied and pasted or just used the wording he's used to for a scanning role.  "Learn the role and alignment of a player" is something I would probably write without really thinking about it unless I had intentionally planned to restrict or change it in some way.

7 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I meant the purpose of the Elim team having that.  I agree that they don't really need alignment scanning, unless there's something I'm not seeing, but Len may have copied and pasted or just used the wording he's used to for a scanning role.  "Learn the role and alignment of a player" is something I would probably write without really thinking about it unless I had intentionally planned to restrict or change it in some way.

I'm just harping on that because one of the tags says "watch for secrets" and it's rare I catch something like that. :P

Tomorrow I will face a test

I really, really need a rest!

I'm keeping ahead in this race,

But unrelenting is the pace

And now my thoughts do fly apart

As this game I'm forced to start!

There goes all my time for sleep

the price is steep and I shall weep!

But my heart cannot, will not be swayed

My grades shall fade, but the trade is made!

Edited by Doc12

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Why does a member of the elim team have an alignment scanning role?

PAFO! (If you sign up, that is.)

The NSA is reading your PMs.

You didn't read anything.

Move along.

Player list has been updated! If you don't like my comments about your character, just tell me and I'll take them down.

Ooh this looks good.

And I'm not in any games at the moment, and this one's just a QF.

So definitely count me in.

1 hour ago, Doc12 said:

Tomorrow I will face a test

I really, really need a rest!

I'm keeping ahead in this race,

But unrelenting is the pace

And now my thoughts do fly apart

As this game I'm forced to start!

There goes all my time for sleep

the price is steep and I shall weep!

But my heart cannot, will not be swayed

My grades shall fade, but the trade is made!

^SAME

oX23NA8.jpg

I shall sign up as Drake, the Marshall of Minas Tirith.

@Ecthelion III *COUF*

Calling you as Steward :P 

Oh my goodness this is going to be hilariously fun.

Brace yourselves, the bad memes and puns are coming-Dobby, Narnia Battle of the 5 Rasheks

Anyway

-------------------

Hear ye, Hear ye, Children of Illuvatar.
For with thy advent of Darkness, thy brotherhood grow stronger. For thy advent of adversity, thy mettle be met with might, and with might cometh triumph.

Hearken, Hearken, Children of Illuvatar.
For with thy advent of chaos, thy harmony discordant is forsooth not prophecied to remain thus. For with advent of corruption, the cleansing thus shall come upon us.

Heed my words Children of Illuvator
For with thy advent of Mori lômí, thy light follows after.

Take heart children of Illuvator.