Entering shadesmar underwater

StoneWalker

Question

Has anyone ever asked Brandon what would happen if someone were to enter the cognitive realm whilst partly or fully under water? Is it even possible, since large bodies of water tend to be solid ground in the cognitive realm? If it is possible, what would happen to the person who attempted it?

Just for clarity, I'm talking about trying to enter shadesmar in an ocean or lake, not just something like taking a bath.

4 answers to this question

In Mistborn, Secret History, fish and other ocean dwelling creatures appeared to swimming above the ground around Kaladin, on his way to see the Ire. At least that is what I remember. I don't think you would be stuck underground, or something weird.

Well, the reason that the ground is solid in the Cognitive Realm is due to the fact that there's no mental activity, it's not directly associated with water. The geography of the Cognitive Realm isn't a 1-1 correlation with Physical terrain, so being underwater in the PR doesn't mean anything, necessarily, in the CR. Even though you're under water, there's still roughly the same lack of Cognitive Activity, so you'll appear above ground in the CR.