Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

So I've get my PM.

What I want to ask are we sure that Rubix was lynched? Write up implies it but it's blackout game... 

Second, I don't believe to Hero's roleclaim... just let think what win con Cupid(Cupid on Threnody?) should have? First turn victory by uniting two people by love? And what he would do rest of the game? Simple survive win con? Mehh... there should be something else, he can be jester role maybe and tried to abuse paranoia of some people with that roleclaim to get lynched. Or I'm just paranoic :D

Also lynch on GM don't looks like good idea on first turn, I want to see atleast one more write up before doing something like that.

Also do someone knows when this turn ends?

You're assuming Cupid is neutral. That's not necessarily the case. According to Hero, he wasn't told what his alignment was (and I'm inclined to believe him on that, since Mi'ch said she forgot to give out alignments), and if he doesn't know his alignment, he wouldn't know his win con either. Cupid could easily be village-aligned. Has been in past games.

1 minute ago, Seonid said:

So, I just went back over the signup thread.  Where were these interactions with Rubix that got referenced in the write-up?

He as head admin changed sign ups post and added himself to player list, added himself as 32 player but there were only 31  player spots.

Okay, yeah, I just now noticed that D1 started (I'd been relying on the GM PM notification to tell me when it started. Heh. )

Anyways, I haven't got my PM yet (no rush :P) and I have to sleep. So, yeah. Nothing much to contribute.

Although I do find it odd how Roadwalker defense-voted Wilson when she voted for him. Not particularly suspicious (this is a blackout game after all. I need to keep an open mind) but something I think is noteworthy. 

Also, PMs from me coming tomorrow! Unless anyone wants to PM me first? 

Edit: Is rubix dead or alive? 

Edited by Mark IV

54 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Second, I don't believe to Hero's roleclaim... just let think what win con Cupid(Cupid on Threnody?) should have? First turn victory by uniting two people by love? And what he would do rest of the game? Simple survive win con? Mehh... there should be something else, he can be jester role maybe and tried to abuse paranoia of some people with that roleclaim to get lynched. Or I'm just paranoic :D

Typically Cupid doesn't have any alternate win conditions, they're basically a regular villager (or whatever alignment) with the added ability to troll two people at the beginning of the game. Again, I haven't been told anything by the GM that contradicts that. 

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

You're assuming Cupid is neutral. That's not necessarily the case. According to Hero, he wasn't told what his alignment was (and I'm inclined to believe him on that, since Mi'ch said she forgot to give out alignments), and if he doesn't know his alignment, he wouldn't know his win con either. Cupid could easily be village-aligned. Has been in past games.

Hmm... okay that's sounds logical. Just missed possibility that he can be villager or elim and in the same time be Cupid. *Shrug*

Edited by Arinian

4 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

@_Stick_, @TheMightyLopen, and @Steeldancer - did any of you receive a GM PM? You don't mention *not* receiving your PM's in your posts. (Alv, DA and Hael seemed to post one line quips rather than actual post, which is why I'm not asking them so much - though if they have something to share on the matter, that would be good.)

EDIT: So, apparently, Hero posted just a fraction before me, with reference to exactly what I was trying to work out... never mind.

FRR - did you only send PM's to those with roles? Is there anyone who should have received a GM PM that didn't?

Yeah, I didn't receive any GM PM lol. Which is why I want sure where to ask questions 

11 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

Was just wondering if we do actually get a lynch? We are meant to be preventing the killings. So lynching would be counterproductive to that?

We're meant to stop the killings, yes, but that's kind of similar to a normal game, where we're trying to stop the killings by killing the evil team trying to kill everyone else. There's certainly something going on with the deaths, and I'm not sure how much of a priority they are, but I do think they play a role in how we win. Wouldn't really be Sanderson Elimination if we didn't have any elimination.... :P

And considering that the writeup explicitly mentions a lynch, because Rubix was lynched (I believe he is dead, though we can confirm that with fRR when she's back), I'd say that yes, we do have a lynch.

3 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

So. I have done this before. Lynching the GM, that is. I almost died. No. Not doing that again. No thank you. Who to lynch, though?

Well...I would lynch....Hero. He is the only one that we know of with a PM so this is either a really good move, or a really, really bad one. So yup.

:P don't see why he'd lie about that, Drought 

8 minutes ago, firstRainbowRose said:

More alignments sent. Lunch is at 3:30, so more will go out then.

This is me not posting until I know for certain what I am. Although I suspect if there are traditional eliminators in this game, they'd be top priority, so I'm probably village. If anyone wants to soft clear me for that reason, feel free :P

fRR, I'm guessing that you hadn't actually planned a role/alignment for Chaos, buuut considering he did get lynched, can we get some kind of hint out of it? If not that's cool, I'd just love some kind of direction.

Edited by Amanuensis

12 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

fRR, I'm guessing that you hadn't actually planned a role/alignment for Chaos, buuut considering he did get lynched, can we get some kind of hint out of it? If not that's cool, I'd just love some kind of direction.

Ooh, this is one of the things I know that actually pertains to this game! Roles and alignments are not revealed upon death.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of scanning roles to make up for the lack of info on death, but Roadwalker's comment about being vanilla but potentially becoming something better later on makes me think there's some other mechanic that keeps you from your powers until....something....happens. I don't know. I still haven't gotten my PM. :/

51 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Ooh, this is one of the things I know that actually pertains to this game! Roles and alignments are not revealed upon death.

In light of this, I vote: no lynch. We gain almost no information, and half of us won't even have our roles until well into the cycle.

I agree, I’d be in favor of no lynch this first round. Let’s figure out a bit more about what we’re doing, and we might lynch someone who doesn’t even know their own alignment yet, and then we won’t have any way to know either.

Still waiting on my GM PM.

Man, I'm really sad that Rubix died before the game really started.  Don't suppose there is any chance of harvesting something from Rubix's body?  I mean how often do we get the chance to kill off a Head Admin.  Not often enough for my liking. :P  Although, it is @Chaos that I really want to see playing SE.  Such fun he will bring to our little blood stained corner of the Cosmere.