Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

Yeah. This is my first blackout game too, so I'm kind of not sure what's happening. Do we get to know the rules as we play, or can we like, ask the GM? For example, what's the stance on PMs?

edit: I think the writeup indicates we have a lynch?:P 

edit2: and that we should lynch Rubix, apparently :ph34r:

Edited by _Stick_

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Yeah. This is my first blackout game too, so I'm kind of not sure what's happening. Do we get to know the rules as we play, or can we like, ask the GM? For example, what's the stance on PMs?

edit: I think the writeup indicates we have a lynch?:P 

edit2: and that we should lynch Rubix, apparently :ph34r:

I'm very curious about PM's too.

Anyone have any idea's on how to proceed? I haven't really played a blackout game either, so I'm a little unsure about what we should do. I guess for now I'll just start some PM's(if we can do that at least) and watch for suspicious-ness like usual.

SteelDancer stumbled through a perpendicularity. Without his steel. 

Caught without his steel, stupid, stupid, stupid! All he had were the steelminds implanted into his body. Nothing to compound with. No stormlight, no nothing!

Well he did have Kyn. But what use was a shardblade here? 

When in doubt... Contribution Crusade! :D

The door to the inn swung open and a tall figure wearing a ridiculously wide-brimmed hat stepped in to the inn, the thumping of his boots echoing in the now silent inn. Nobody dared to whisper- for they all recognized this man, despite not being able to see his face. 

It was The Heron- fiercest bounty hunter in the forests since the White Fox died. 

The Heron strips forward to the center of the room then raised a hand to point at Straw. People nearby gasped- not at the accusation, but at the Heron's hand. It was withered- the skin black and shriveled like that of a long-dead corpse. 

Yes I know it's early to begin the Crusade, but when we have literally nothing else to go on, why not? We might as well try getting rid of players that aren't playing the game and keep those around who are playing, at least until we figure out what's going on. 

Also, as far as roles go, I can confirm that at least one player has received a role PM- myself (and I am assuming up to 2 other players). I don't mind revealing this because to the best of my knowledge it doesn't provide any further benefit to me for the rest of the game. I am Cupid. I was able to select two players to be lovers for this game. No I'm not going to say who those two players are. 

@_Stick_, @TheMightyLopen, and @Steeldancer - did any of you receive a GM PM? You don't mention *not* receiving your PM's in your posts. (Alv, DA and Hael seemed to post one line quips rather than actual post, which is why I'm not asking them so much - though if they have something to share on the matter, that would be good.)

EDIT: So, apparently, Hero posted just a fraction before me, with reference to exactly what I was trying to work out... never mind.

FRR - did you only send PM's to those with roles? Is there anyone who should have received a GM PM that didn't?

Edited by The Young Bard
1) Missed Hero's post, and 2) fixing bold tags

1 minute ago, Herowannabe said:

Also, as far as roles go, I can confirm that at least one player has received a role PM- myself (and I am assuming up to 2 other players). I don't mind revealing this because to the best of my knowledge it doesn't provide any further benefit to me for the rest of the game. I am Cupid. I was able to select two players to be lovers for this game. No I'm not going to say who those two players are. 

Hm. Is it fair game to say exactly when you received your PM, or at least a rough estimate (I.E. about an hour ago)? That tidbit alone might be very helpful.

I have not received a PM or anything. I am going to guess that means I am vanilla village. I am also going to make a wild guess here that there are conversions, for reasons I may explain later. I am not opposed to a crusade, I think it would be a good idea, but I would like to lynch fRR.

Aleja stalked into the tavern. She glared at everyone in the room before going to her usual space - the corner. She had no idea what exactly she was meant to to there, but there was no way she was gonna admit it.

I seem to have developed a habit of making grumpy female characters. Maybe it's because its what I write best or maybe its just because I can relate to them best :D . Botheration cause I liked this girl. Maybe next time I'll be a grumpy guy instead :P

Also I can confirm I haven't received a PM either. This game is gonna be awesome!

Edited by Sami

Thank you for that post on the contribution crusade @Herowannabe

As a relative newbie to these games and whole forum in general I'm not so in on the various good/bad things about the games. 

So... I haven't received a GM PM either so will assume I'm village. 

Herowannabe started with a role and was able to create 2 more roles for people. Perhaps there are others in this situation who have to "recruit" players to their side?

I like Road's way of thinking though so firstRainbowRose

Lawrence scratched his two-week stubble. He shifted his knives. Temperance, Rubix, it all fit together too perfectly. As the patrons dragged the unfortunate man out of the inn, he rose from his bench, Pointing one long finger at Temperance. He knew, and she knew, that that had been deliberate. She had had something against that man, and so she had him killed. That was not the way a homesteader thought. If you have a disagreement with someone, you settle it in the street, with your knives, not with the manupulation of honest men, That was wrong.

"Temperance." Other rose up, finding the same conclusion he had.

It's a bit of a different game, since you're goal isn't to kill before killing, but rather figure out why the killings are happening, and stop them before it's too late. 

That was a killing.

It took all her self control to not let a self-satisfied grin cover her face when the word “lynch” was first whispered. However as the troublemaker was yanked out of the inn, she allowed herself a small smirk. After all, the best way to deal with a troublemaker was to simply… eliminate them.

There. Deliberate murder of someone by someone who wants them removed. Lynch fRR, stop the killings.