Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

12 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Wow. Ok. So nothing. I guess that would've been too easy. Seonid, the doll holder, has been lynched. The doll has probably passed onto another person and there will most likely be an elim kill at the end of this cycle.

I'm still of the opinion that the doll is secondary. Now I'm also of the opinion that there is an elim team but very small. More people are having their moments of clarity and I have had mine and will reveal my role in due time.

Now there's been a discrepancy with the scapegoat role. From the explanation that Wilson gave to Lopen, we were told that the scapegoat will be lynched if there's no vote or if there's a tied vote. I'm sure we've had a cycle or two where there wasn't a lynch yet the scapegoat hasn't died. I remember someone mentioning this but it wasn't followed up and I just want to bring this point to everyone's attention.

If I'm right about there being a 'limbo' between Holders then no one has the Doll right now.  (Of course I fully expect someone to chime in saying they received the Doll and destroy yet another of my theories.)  And on top of not ending the game, we also lynched our alignment scanner which would've been useful even if it had only been a one shot thing.

But if there is an Elim team, then why are they not killing every cycle?  Cycle 1, 3 and 6 are the only non lynch deaths.  Even the numbers don't add up except for a triangular sequence and if that is true then the next kill isn't until Cycle 10. (Yes, I'm grasping at straws now.  Don't ask how long I spent trying to get the numbers 1,3 & 6 to fit into a Cosmere theory.)

We haven't had any tied lynches yet so that might trigger Aman's Scapegoat role.  I'm even willing to be one of the votees.  I'm willing to try almost anything to get that bit of information that will break this game open.  So, Alvron.

Sorry about not posting anything last Cycle. I saw that you all had everything under control, and I can't vote, so I didn't really have anything to add.

I don't feel like activating the Scapegoat would really do anything, and it might kill 2 players at once, considering Aman is one of the Lovers. But...honestly, I don't have a better option, so I guess I'm not completely opposed to it.

Just a note, but Elbereth put a tag up last Cycle that told us to be logical, so I suppose that means there is something we're missing. I don't have any idea what it could be though, so I'm not sure that helps. :P Maybe the eliminator team is just inactive or something?

As long as you never saw a message that said you were dead BR, I'd assume you are alive, yes. xD

Edit: I'd be willing to be a part of a tied lynch if someone wants to vote on me.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I don't feel like activating the Scapegoat would really do anything, and it might kill 2 players at once, considering Aman is one of the Lovers. But...honestly, I don't have a better option, so I guess I'm not completely opposed to it.

I'm not really happy about possibly lynching two players either but there isn't really anything else we can try.  Besides, maybe it's a killer couple elim team.

But, as always, if someone has a better idea, speak up.

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I don't know anything that everyone else here doesn't 

Yeah. But I bet that someone knows something that everyone else doesn't know, but that someone doesn't want to reveal that something to everyone else because it would hurt that someone. As a member of the "everyone else" group, I'm trying to figure out who that someone is, but since no one is really doing anything, that someone probably isn't going to do anything to give themselves away.

So at this point random killings are fine with me. We're not getting anywhere by doing nothing. Does anyone want to vote on me, or anyone else, to make a tie? Me and Alv are trying to kill some lovers since it's unfair for them to be happy when the rest of us are so sad and alone there's nothing better to do.

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Yeah. But I bet that someone knows something that everyone else doesn't know, but that someone doesn't want to reveal that something to everyone else because it would hurt that someone. As a member of the "everyone else" group, I'm trying to figure out who that someone is, but since no one is really doing anything, that someone probably isn't going to do anything to give themselves away.

So at this point random killings are fine with me. We're not getting anywhere by doing nothing. Does anyone want to vote on me, or anyone else, to make a tie? Me and Alv are trying to kill some lovers since it's unfair for them to be happy when the rest of us are so sad and alone there's nothing better to do.

Since you're willing to take a hit for the team :P Lopen

"while the rest of us are sad and alone" @TheMightyLopen

Lol who's fault is that? Polyfidelity anyone?

OK so

1-1 right now.

I can't remember, what's the minimum vote needed for a lynch? I doubt FRR has revealed it, but can somebody check the threads to see how many votes it took to lynch someone since I'm tired and busy?

Yeah, triggering a tie vote in order to get Aman and his lover killed sounds like a really bad idea to me (especially since I know who the other lover is), unless you are trying to subtly influence the group into killing off more players for some reason. Alvron

QF25: Cycle 10

"Well, that is not what I was expecting," Someone said looking down at the two bodies laying on the tap room floor. "Him," she said pointing at Jace, "I knew about. We agreed on that one. However..." She trailed off looking at the other stunned faces around her.

"Did anybody see or hear anything strange last night?" Another patron asked.

"Actually, yeah," the person who's room was next to Ripple said. "I would have sworn I heard some yelling out in the hall but every time I check there was nothing there."

"It was probably coming from the room below you," the young woman dismissed him.

Except there weren't any floors, the person thought. Shrugging, he sat down to enjoy a bit of breakfast.

Alvron was lynched!
Ripple was killed! 

blu_1505919600.png

Vote Count
Alvron (2): Alvron, Hero
Lopen (1): Megasif

Player List
1. Haelbarde - Horatio Heatherlocke
2. Darkness Ascendant - Necrosis Jones
3. Sami - Aleta Nebrask
4. Straw - Straw
5. Lemonelon - Adelaide
6. Flash - SteelDancer
7. Eternum - Nero
8. Julio - Taklon Nalkot
9. Roadwalker - Lawrence "Silver" Arthur
10. _Stick_ - Stick
11. King Cole - Turtle
12. Megasif - Shaa Locke Haums
13. Droughtbringer -
14. Sony - Sony
15. Majestic - Lion Shadow
16. A Budgie - Budge
17. Seonid - Erodaan Qadri
18. Alvron - Jace Blood-Axe
19. Little Wilson - Temperance Owen
20. Arinian -  Irvin Thyme
21. Mark IV - Mark
22. Herowannabe - The Heron
23. Jondesu - Remart
24. The Young Bard - Shadow
25. BrightnessRadiant - Rani
26. Dani - Yiferian
27. RippleGylf - Ripple
28. TheMightyLopen - Usopp
29. Ecthelion III - Cyrus
30. Rebecca - Jayne
31. Amanuensis 
32. Rubix

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Okay, so it looks like the lynch was eneven. Do you guys want to try the tied lynch again? If so, you guys are welcome to lynch me.

I don't, and I will continue to do what I can to make sure the lynch remains uneven. Killing off two players just to test.... I don't know what exactly... still seems like a bad idea to me. 

19 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I don't, and I will continue to do what I can to make sure the lynch remains uneven. Killing off two players just to test.... I don't know what exactly... still seems like a bad idea to me. 

I have a hard time thinking anything is a bad idea at this point. Except maybe not lynching, since it's the 10th Cycle and we still have no idea what the heck is going on.

Can you tell us who the other Lover is? I'm curious to hear your reasoning for connecting them.

I'll let Aman and/or his lover decide whether or not to reveal that info. If/when they do come forth I'll say why I chose the way I did. 

In the meantime, time to test a few more theories. Or at least see what sort of info our illustrious GMs are willing to impart. 

@firstRainbowRose @Elbereth

Are there perhaps other actions that we can submit besides lynching? Could I, for example, investigate the strange yelling noises? Or maybe search the inn?

I forget if Aman got back to me, but I was considering doing this before the weekend, but didn't (obviously). I'm apparently the other Lover - Hero just chose the first and last on the playerlist, apparently.

And I forget if this came up in thread, but I say "apparently the other Lover" because fRR gave no indication of this. When asked, she did say that if I was hypothetically a Lover, there was a reason I wouldn't be told.

So, yeah - I'd also rather not test the tied lynch thing :P

Edited by Haelbarde

21 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

I forget if Aman got back to me, but I was considering doing this before the weekend, but didn't (obviously). I'm apparently the other Lover - Hero just chose the first and last on the playerlist, apparently.

And I forget if this came up in thread, but I say "apparently the other Lover" because fRR gave no indication of this. When asked, she did say that if I was hypothetically a Lover, there was a reason I wouldn't be told.

So, yeah - I'd also rather not test the tied lynch thing :P

Yep, what he said. I chose the first and last players to sign up- originally that was going to be Haelbarde and Rubix, but FRR suggested that I reconsider in light of her plans for Rubix in the first writeup.