[OB] Scenes you wish to see in Oathbringer

Wax

I want to see Kaladin or Bridge 4 training Gaz and company on how to be good bodyguards/squires for Shallan, since bridge 4 will be the only ones with experience being squires and the ability to use stormlight.

I also just realized I want to see Dalinar get some squires, just to see who they will be.

A few items I really want to see:

• Hoid and Zahel face to face
  • Jezrien taking back his Honorblade (I mentioned this one elsewhere)
  • Eshonai point of view where the part of her that enjoyed the power fights with the part of her screaming in terror about it - like the Gollum scene in LOTR I think
  • Obligatory Vivenna mention here
  • Kaladin/Amaram fight
  • Kaladin meeting Gaz and Tvlakv again...I'm really curious how that would go over.

Radiant + Squires Boot Camp Urithiru (probably a bit farther off, but well... :wub: ): let's be honest, they all need a lot more training. Not just honing their own abilities, but knowing about other's abilties and how to use them in conjunction with each other. Like... A race through Urithiru's corridors for Friction users, with strategically positioned Gravitation users to send them to the walls and ceilings. Initiator: Lift ;-)

Or a self help group for newly arrived Radiant Spren, to (try to) answer any questions about humans, rekindle old animosities (or discover more common ground), discussing inappropiate things (mathematical as well as the "other" sort (lecture held by Pattern)) as well as how to best play tricks on unassuming humans (hey, you can't work all the time).

On a more serious note: I really want to see them overcome some of Vorinism's... let's call them limitations. Men not being able to read and write can be potentially disastrous. Kaladin is sending a Glyph each day to indicate that he's still alive when he cannot find a random woman to write and read his messages?  On the other hand, there are going to be more than just a few women who will find themselves with legendary weapons without any clue how to use them. Pointy end into the enemy won't be enough of an advice. Adolin teaching Shallan is a good start at least.

I'd like to:

find hidden worldhoppers like kandra, nazh, vivenna, etc..

I'd like to see:

-new shardplate / new fabrial tech

-humans and listeners fighting side by side against Odium minions

-new listener forms no one has thought of

-Lift being awesome

-Mr. T having plans within plan within plans

-Stormfather become a blade

-Shinovar honorblade recovery team 

-Szeth's justice for being made Truthless

-Taln doing something

I'm looking forward to Shallan's brothers arriving at Urithiru. How will they react to the fact that their shy little sister is a Knight Radiant?

I also love the idea mentioned upthread about Lirin and Hesina meeting Bridge 4 and finding out all that Kaladin has done to save their lives. I love it when people realize how awesome their friends/loved ones are. 

34 minutes ago, Starla said:

I'm looking forward to Shallan's brothers arriving at Urithiru. How will they react to the fact that their shy little sister is a Knight Radiant?

I also love the idea mentioned upthread about Lirin and Hesina meeting Bridge 4 and finding out all that Kaladin has done to save their lives. I love it when people realize how awesome their friends/loved ones are. 

That requires it to come from someone else though... otherwise it comes off as boasting...   but I agree, that it would be rather cool to have Lirin have a conversation with perhaps Teft... or Rock... well... wait Lopen might provide a curious point of view as well... ;)

@scifan You're right, it would need to come from the guys Kaladin has helped. I doubt Kaladin himself even acknowledges he's done anything to help. He tends think he's failed everyone in some way.

I primarily want Lirin to know Kaladin isn't going around killing everyone. Lirin is a total pacifist and he seemed to be very put off by Kaladin being a soldier and having a shardblade. It would be nice for him to understand that Kaladin did not have to kill to gain his shardblade, and that he will only use it in defense of someone's life. I'd also love for him to know that Kaladin was spending his puny slave wage to purchase medical supplies to stitch up wounded bridgemen on the battlefield. I hope Lirin eventually comes to realize he's raised a good son, and be proud of him.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:04 AM, Hischier said:

Jasnah revealing herself as not being dead, preferably in a suitably dramatic fashion. 

I really hope that someone just happens upon Jasnah in a library in Urithiru.One day an ardent walks into a library early in the morning to research something and they just find Jasnah there reading at a desk researching some world-saving topic.

I feel bad for saying this, but I think someone very important has to die. We've already had two characters resurrected, and no one important has really died yet. It would make everything feel more real and dangerous.

...It better not be Kaladin though.   

And of course, anything with Nightblood.

Edited by Bean Delphiki

On 9/23/2017 at 11:28 PM, axcellence said:

Shin coming in on Urithiru chasing the Windrunner and seeing the Stoneward honorblade with Taravangian’s fake champion and getting spooked 

Was hoping we'd see Szeth "bring justice" to the Stone Shaman like Nale told him to. Not sure if that's supposed to have already happened though since we've seen him just casually rolling around with Nale in Edgedancer.

Maybe it will happen or get a recap in one of the OB interludes?

1 hour ago, Canucck said:

Was hoping we'd see Szeth "bring justice" to the Stone Shaman like Nale told him to. Not sure if that's supposed to have already happened though since we've seen him just casually rolling around with Nale in Edgedancer.

Maybe it will happen or get a recap in one of the OB interludes?

Maybe they haven’t reached Shinovar yet.  They were in still in Azish territories and will still need to travel more to reach Shinovar.  I don’t see Szeth reaching Shinovar until book 4/5.

-Mr T. getting one more day of perfection. 

-Someone figuring out shardplate and telling me

- A herald doing something heraldic (-ish), but something cool

-KR/VB deathmatch, with or without thunderclast devastation

-literally anyone not withholding important information (looking at Kaladin)

-unmade getting into the mix