[OB] Scenes you wish to see in Oathbringer

Wax

This is a wishing thread.

Plausible scenes you’d like to see in Oathbringer.

The scene I really want to see is Shallan and pattern stumbling on the diagram in Taravangian’s room.

A Sons of Honor and Ghostbloods clash

Shin coming in on Urithiru chasing the Windrunner and seeing the Stoneward honorblade with Taravangian’s fake champion and getting spooked 

Jasnah elsecall/soulcast enhanced by Dalinar

2nd Bondsmith

Lift giving mouth to Dalinar, Jasnah, or Kaladin.

Shallan learning about worldhopping from the Ghostbloods.

If it is possible, our first hints at Adolin reviving his shardblade and becoming an Edgedancer.

Vivianne giving Zahel/Vasher an earful for leaving her somewhere, if she is alive.

A scene at the Horneater peaks Oceans.

A scene where Talen begins to regain his sanity.

FInding out what happened to Shshshshsh (It will be nice when the next flashback chapter drops and we can finally type her name without a spoiler box),

Seeing Dalinar meet Cultivation/the Nightwatcher.

Seeing that scene the Oathbringer book description promises when Kaladin realizes the Voidbringers have good reasons for being angry about their slavery and him relating to them because of it. I think that will be an interesting part of the book. 

Stoneshamans vs new Surgebinders

Eshonai getting rid of the voidform and finding something like artform or a new form through the cometspren

Maybe an interlude that shows what Thude and the other Listener refugees are up to

An illustration of a listener by Shallan, any form will do

An illustration of Urithiru, maybe a map of sorts? 

Spren interacting with other spren

We know there will be some form of Thunderclast, I hope we'll see other void forces like other forms of the ten deaths

More Rysn, Lift and Taln, the first two are confirmed I think.

Adolin teaching Shallan how to use her shardblade. 

Jasnah and Kaladin teaming up to solve the mystery of what's going on kholinar, and maybe opening the oathgate to let others through. 

Jasnah reuniting with her family. 

A pov from a bridge 4 member, especially what they think about Rlain, the two armed herzadian and Moash. 

More about the other Radiant spren. 

The appearance of the Ten deaths

Edited by lol_king

Jasnah revealing herself as not being dead, preferably in a suitably dramatic fashion. 

Lift interacting with any of the main characters even if it's just via span-reed. 

Any of the heralds being revealed and interacting with Dalinar.

The Ghostbloods being taken down (it won't happen in this book, but I hope it does) by Shallan. They're interesting (because we have no clue what their objectives are) but at the same time, there's a lot going on in Stormlight without shadowy morally bankrupt secret societies running around and the Diagramists already fulfill that quota.  

Someone (Shallan or Dalinar) discovering useful information about the Desolations in Urithiru.

Syl and Pattern interacting.

Seeing the Nightwatcher (and hopefully learning what Dalinar asked for and why). 

Dalinar discovering that this is mostly his brothers fault and having to deal with that. 

Oh, and since we're probably going to see Hearthstone again, I'd like to find out about Hesina's past a little. Lirin is of the 2nd nahn and even if the people in Hearthstone don't like him, he's still the second highest ranking man in Hearthstone.  So how did Hesina fall in social standing that much by marrying Lirin? I'm assuming she's not secretly a lighteyes.

LIGHTNINGRANI (TUMBLR)

Can you tell me anything about Kaladin’s maternal grandparents?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Let's just say that his mother—you're asking a very astute question—gave up more than most people gave up in that city to go be what she became. She's definitely fallen in social standing since her childhood. She took a hit.

• Jasnah returning.
  • Szeth going to Shinovar to Destroy Evil.
  • Meeting Glys.
  • Meeting the Nightwatcher
  • Dalinar exploring his new powers.
  • The introduction of a Radiant from an Order we've not seen yet.
  • Kelsier stealing Lift's dinner to remind everyone who the Cosmere's true master thief is. :P

Adolin being honest with his father about Sadeas' death ASAP.

I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY dislike arcs that revolve around people not talking to each other. It makes me scream to the book pages: For the stormfather's freaking sake, talk you morons! 

/rant mode off

32 minutes ago, Helwar said:

Adolin being honest with his father about Sadeas' death ASAP.

I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY dislike arcs that revolve around people not talking to each other. It makes me scream to the book pages: For the stormfather's freaking sake, talk you morons! 

/rant mode off

I find it frustrating too. 

On the other hand, it's extremely realistic and most of the reason that people are frustrating in general. So it's both frustrating and realistic.

I'm with you on the frustration, and wanting to scream, I just think I want to scream at Adolin, not the book itself. 

50 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I find it frustrating too. 

On the other hand, it's extremely realistic and most of the reason that people are frustrating in general. So it's both frustrating and realistic.

I'm with you on the frustration, and wanting to scream, I just think I want to scream at Adolin, not the book itself. 

Most times I get annoyed because the reason the characters aren't talking feels contrived. I don't think admitting to committing a murder fits that bill. I think Adolin keeps this one quiet for as long as he can.

7 minutes ago, Hischier said:

Most times I get annoyed because the reason the characters aren't talking feels contrived. I don't think admitting to committing a murder fits that bill. I think Adolin keeps this one quiet for as long as he can.

Like Kaladin before? "I'm not gonna tell because they will take this from me" How exactly Kal??? How!?!? >_<

Honestly, I totally get why people keeps quiet. Kal's trust was so thoroughly broken and he had been sl mistreated by lighteyes that trusting one of them, even the one that gave up a sharblade for him, was extremely hard.

Shallan is traumatized to the core.

Adolin feels shame for what he did. 

I get why they keep silent, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

And I scream the book 'cause it's there. If i could meet up with the characters i would

1) melt down

2) scream some sense into them until my throat gives up

15 minutes ago, Helwar said:

Like Kaladin before? "I'm not gonna tell because they will take this from me" How exactly Kal??? How!?!? >_<

Honestly, I totally get why people keeps quiet. Kal's trust was so thoroughly broken and he had been sl mistreated by lighteyes that trusting one of them, even the one that gave up a sharblade for him, was extremely hard.

Shallan is traumatized to the core.

Adolin feels shame for what he did. 

I get why they keep silent, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

And I scream the book 'cause it's there. If i could meet up with the characters i would

1) melt down

2) scream some sense into them until my throat gives up

Yeah that's an example of it feeling more convenient to the plot, and being very frustrating, even if it aligns with the character's personality. 

In this case, I'm ok with it. You don't have to justify a character not admitting to a murder with, 'he's going through a lot right now' or 'it's part of his personality'.  

Besides, Dalinar has enough going on and this would put him in a bad spot. Even in the pre-Voidbringer Alethkar court you couldn't just murder a highprince and not be punished. 

It was annoying with Kaladin because Dalinar spent the book wondering if he was going crazy and wondering what the visions were telling him to do and Kaladin revealing himself would've saved everyone a lot of trouble.  In Adolin's case, it would just create more trouble and potentially undermine Dalinar's efforts.  

I'd really like to see our theories realized, and some character getting Shardplate. 

I imagine a grand, climatic scene, the Radiant speaking an oath, or doing something cool, or whatever causes Shardplate to appear. They do the thing, (bonus points if it's Jasnah or Lift or someone unexpected) and Shardplate just forms into existence around them, and then they proceed to kick some serious Voidbringer butt. 

That'd be cool. 

I am also looking forward to the Jasnah fight scene as alluded from the cover.

It’s the first action cover in SA so I am looking forward to there being a fight between Jasnah and the Thunderclast.  (Sort of like elsecalling Jasnah fighting a tree giant from LoTR).

It probably won't happen, because this is epic fantasy and not a feel-good book.  But I'd love to see scenes of bridge four telling Lirin stories about Kaladin and how he helped them, with Lirin realizing that Kaladin has done a lot of good despite being a "killer."

Also, I'm fully onboard with any Syl/Pattern interaction:

Kaladin: Syl! I don't always get along with Shallan either, but you don't see me standing on her.