Inverted vision (Av's Father)

Numb hands (Av's Brother) 

Forgetting Dalinar's wife

Compassion and Intellect inversely proportional (Taravangian) 

The ability to digest food into stormlight, but the inability to inhale it like other Radiants (Lift) 

I think that's it. 

20 minutes ago, Catladyman said:

@Calderis do we have confirmation that Lift can’t inhale stormlight? Or is it just that she hasn’t figured it out yet?

Yes. We don't have a recording or transcript but, @Laryyl gathered it, and recently posted it in the Lift thread in Cosmere Theories.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, Laryyl said:

I asked Sanderson if she could get Stormlight from spheres like normal or if it's just from food for her I was totally expecting a RAFO but he told me she can only get it from food. I also asked which it was related to her boon or her curse which he did RAFO.

Since then, I've spoken to others who were there and remember it. So beyond Laryyl's word, I can't offer proof, but it's a safe bet at least. 

1 hour ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

We don't know yet if this is the boon or the bane. 

Should have been more clear. The only ones that we know the bane are Av's Father and Brother. 

All of characters that we know who have been to the Nightwatcher are unclear. 

For The three characters we've seen, I just listed the effects we know of. 

Edited by Calderis

22 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

@Calderis We actually know a boon too. Avs father got a heap of good cloth to sell, in order to keep his family from starving.

We have a second hand account of that boon, and it doesn't fit. I personally don't believe it. 

Av's Father may have said that the cloth was his boon, but I don't believe it for a second. I don't doubt he came home with cloth. But if that was his boon, that's the only example we've seen of the Nightwatcher giving someone a physical object. I think she has to create an alteration in the person themselves. 

Whatever she did, may have allowed him to get the cloth, but no way was he honest about what he asked for. 

27 minutes ago, Calderis said:

We have a second hand account of that boon, and it doesn't fit. I personally don't believe it. 

Av's Father may have said that the cloth was his boon, but I don't believe it for a second. I don't doubt he came home with cloth. But if that was his boon, that's the only example we've seen of the Nightwatcher giving someone a physical object. I think she has to create an alteration in the person themselves. 

Whatever she did, may have allowed him to get the cloth, but no way was he honest about what he asked for. 

True that. It is still worth mentioning however. He likely asked for the ability to help his family in some way, but he might have gotten his spheres from somewhere else than the cloth business.

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Numb hands: Nerves, centered in the brain. Inverted Vision: Optic Nerves or Muscles, or that little thingy that reflects your vision right side up, all right there connected to the brain.

19 hours ago, Calderis said:

Forgetting Dalinar's wife

Part of the brain deals with memory.

Intellect changes: Also mental.

Whaddya all think?

• Chaos locked this topic