Spiritwalker51

Dropping by to say Hello

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I signed up about 4 days ago and have been looking around trying to figure things out a bit.  I joined the tor website about a month ago to start reading the Oathbringer chapters, because, well I have waiting a year to read it!  :wub:

A little about me. I have been an avid reader for around 55 years now.  I started out reading Nancy Drew mysteries when I was around 10 or 11, then got interested in Sherlock Holmes mysteries.  I started reading Science Fiction and Fantasy when I was around 15 and those two genre's continues to be my favorite, but I read many different types of books and styles of writing.  I also read simply to learn and do a lot of researching of things that are of interest to me.  I am never bored. 

I got interested in Brandon's work  about a year ago; while I was at Audible, looking for audiobooks by one of my favorite voice actresses.  She did the voice over for Warbreaker and once I had listened to it, I knew I had to hear more of Brandon 's work.  So I got The Way of Kings, and Words of Radiance.  Well I had to have something to listen to while I waited for Oathbringer, right?  Then I got Elantris: Tenth Anniversary Special Edition, then Arcanum Unbounded: The Cosmere Collection.  I have them all in audiobook format but have decided to get them in  book format since it is really harder to pinpoint chapter and verse  by using audiobooks.

I was read to as a child so I really get into the narrating thing, and I also love to read aloud to others as well, so audiobooks are fun. 

I have listened to TWoK and WoR around 4 or 5 times now since last year and I figure I have just enough time to listen to them again before Oathbringer is out in November.  These are such epic stories and I love them. 

Once I figure out the finer details you will see me posting here and there around the site. 

I have lots of questions and thoughts about the story line and little hints that are dropped in the books.  I also am haunting the stormlight archive wikia because there is so much really good referenced information there as well. 

See you in the forums! 

Welcome to the 17th Shard! I am sad to say I am out of up votes but, in lieu of said payment, might I share something wonderful? If you are a fan of audiobooks, and it certainly reads like you are, then may I recommend you give Graphic Audio a try? They are a company that produces the more incredibly engaging audiobooks I have ever heard. Each character is voiced by a unique actor, they add music, sound effects, and other audio elements that truly bring a story to life. I will say, they are a bit pricey but I absolutely believe my purchase of both books in the Stormlight Archive was totally worth it! Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Graphic Audio is any way and will not receive any compensation should you choose to purchase their products. I just friggin love them!

Anywho, welcome! :) 

Welcome to the Shard! It's so great to have you here with us. Happy Reading! :D

15 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

Welcome to the 17th Shard! I am sad to say I am out of up votes but, in lieu of said payment, might I share something wonderful? If you are a fan of audiobooks, and it certainly reads like you are, then may I recommend you give Graphic Audio a try? They are a company that produces the more incredibly engaging audiobooks I have ever heard. Each character is voiced by a unique actor, they add music, sound effects, and other audio elements that truly bring a story to life. I will say, they are a bit pricey but I absolutely believe my purchase of both books in the Stormlight Archive was totally worth it! Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Graphic Audio is any way and will not receive any compensation should you choose to purchase their products. I just friggin love them!

Anywho, welcome! :) 

Thanks CaptainRyan.  I didn't know you could run out of up votes. I read a bunch but must have missed that.  Appreciate the info on Graphic Audio.  Will check them out, although I am quite happy with the voice actors who do the Stormlight Archive books I have thus far. 

14 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Welcome to the Shard! It's so great to have you here with us. Happy Reading! :D

Thanks Rebecca,

Appreciate the welcome! 

Welcome! Glad you're here!