[OB] Implications of the Lightweaving map.

Calderis

While roughly on the same page could bondsmiths be able to create connection, rather than borrowing the abilitys of others? We see multiple times how the stormfather is there when someone makes an important oath (when they are forming a connection). And his response was "the words are accepted" as if he had to acknowledge the fact that kaladin said those words. Then he regained his connection to syl.

Side note, the fact that the stormfather was there to enhance the bond between kal and syl , I don't see how he couldn't have also temporarily created a slight connection to honor allowing him to draw stormlight- or a connection to every gem in the palace so he didn't have to go to them. I really do think that bondsmiths could with practice infuse gems that are drained. Or knights, so where with is blessing they would become ilight with power. 

17 hours ago, Betrail said:

Side note, the fact that the stormfather was there to enhance the bond between kal and syl , I don't see how he couldn't have also temporarily created a slight connection to honor allowing him to draw stormlight- or a connection to every gem in the palace so he didn't have to go to them. I really do think that bondsmiths could with practice infuse gems that are drained. Or knights, so where with is blessing they would become ilight with power. 

I don't believe the SF enhanched their Bond, He simply recorded and acknowledged the fact.

By the way Kal simply drawned the corridor's Stormlight and as far as we could know it's in the scope of his ability to do something like that.

There is a Stormlight's burst when Kal spoke the Oath but we know by other istances and WoB that could happen without SF

Edited by Yata

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Implications of the Lightweaving map.
  • Chaos locked this topic