Underrated Characters

Toaster Retribution

8 minutes ago, axcellence said:

A few underrated characters.

One of Shallan's brothers ( I think Jushu?) got a viewpoint chapter in WoK.

The aimian who got mugged in WoK seemed an interesting character.

Taravangian seems underrated as he seemed to get a lot of kingdoms under his control, kill kings and yet seem like a side figure in the battle v Odium

It was Balat who had a viewpoint, and the aimian is named Axies. I would argue that Axies is a very popular minor character though, so I wouldn't call him underrated.

I've always felt sorry for Elhokar. When I looked into the mirror and saw the reflection of someone who I couldn't see(he was in the hall in a weird spot), I had a meltdown. I'm amazed that he's more or less sane even though he sees terrifying figures everywhere. I mean, he looks into mirrors despite knowing exactly what he'll see there. I don't look at mirrors at night for fear of seeing something. Elhokar may be whiny, but he's still stronger than me :)

14 minutes ago, Kalinovsky said:

I've always felt sorry for Elhokar. When I looked into the mirror and saw the reflection of someone who I couldn't see(he was in the hall in a weird spot), I had a meltdown. I'm amazed that he's more or less sane even though he sees terrifying figures everywhere. I mean, he looks into mirrors despite knowing exactly what he'll see there. I don't look at mirrors at night for fear of seeing something. Elhokar may be whiny, but he's still stronger than me :)

As a fan of Elhokar, I have to agree.

Jasnah- I love her as a character for Brandon to write as it shows his skill as an author (and ability to see that there are valid reasons someone might have a different worldview than him).  He (as a Mormom) took the time to learn about and realistically write an Athiest, without making her a strawwoman.  I also can't wait to get to her book in the back five books.  Yes, she's "important" as the King's sister and (probably) the most "aware" proto-radiant currently (except for maybe Szeth).  We obviously haven't seen her actually do a whole lot (since she had to be removed from book two so that Shallan could have more development), but I feel like we're gonna see her have some Kaladin-level moments.

• Chaos locked this topic