Talking metal tools

Macear

Bands of Mourning spoilers         (possibly, better safe than sorry)

Rereading bands of mourning and I came across one of the classifieds in the newspaper recreations (page 224 ish according to Kindle) that was interesting.

Do Your Metal Tools Speak to You? Your neighbors probably don't want to hear about it. But WE do! Visit 27 Ralen place. Ask for K or N. Bring the talking metal with you.

This is just after Kelsier speaks with Kriss and Hoid. Obviously K and N refer to Kriss and Nahz. I just can't figure out why they'd be interested in a talking hammer. Thoughts?

Also sorry if this should be in the general cosmere discusion. Long time lurking first time posting.

5 hours ago, Macear said:

Is there any other evidence pointing to scadrial spren? Could this be where the next scadrial series is headed towards?

We know by WoB there are no Ruin/Preservation or Harmony's Splinters but K and N can't know it

Edited by Yata

I doubt they were looking for Nighblood specifically.You have to be a special level of knowledgeable, powerful and a dash of either crazy or stupid to want to be in the possesion of Nightblood. Kriss and Nazh seem far too smart for that :P. But objects a bit less invested than that...maybe? 

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

I initially thought it was a spren or nightblood but I think a radio makes more sense. K&N could be interested in Scadrial's version of a radio or they could have just heard rumors of "magical talking metal objects" from people (remember that the vast majority of people don't know what a radio is) and thought it might be a spren.

Edited by shadowwisp

• Chaos locked this topic