Knights Radiant=Bad Guys!!

gokucauthon

Just trying to think outside of the box a little bit on this one.  On my phone and out at the moment but wanted to get this down and out there, and hope to fill in relevant quotes when home.  That being said, The Outside of the box Theory!

The Knight Radiants are the "Bad guys"!!

This is why they abandoned their oaths.  Once they found out the truth they broke their oaths and threw down their weapons.  

When you've been fighting for what you thought was the right side and then find out you are actually the bad guy......whats the point!!!

Why are they the bad guys?

They are not native to Roshar.  The Parshendi are and the Desolations are cleansing of the planet of non native Rosharians (<real word?? Lol)  

The betrayal of the Parshendi gods was when Andolisium was shattered. Honor and Cultivation came to Roshar and picky backed off of the magic system already in place and gifted it to the beings they brought to the planet post shattering.  Now Odium shows up and helps the Parshendi get their "powers" back and here we have the final Desolation.  Parshendi take them out for good, down goes whats left of Honor and all of Cultivation.  KR win down goes Odium and Parshendi.  

There you have it folks.  Alil something different for ya, if its been proposed before..my Bad, If not, hope you like it.  Feel free to chop it to pieces or add to the theory to make stronger.

And always remember....

..."I like twurtles"!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's been proposed before (something which is true of a whole lot of things by this point, so not necessarily a knock). Kaladin himself brings up something like this a couple of times:

“Can you kill to protect?” Kaladin asked out loud. “Is that a self-contradiction?”

“I … I don’t know.”

“Teft said that the Radiants held to a standard,” Kaladin said. “He said that by their rules, you shouldn’t do terrible things to accomplish great ones. Yet what did I do today? Slaughter Parshendi in order to save Alethi. What of that? They aren’t innocent, but neither are we. Not by a faint breeze or a stormwind.”

Sanderson, Brandon. The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, Book 1) (p. 982). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

“Is it wrong for Moash to try to kill the king?”

“Of course.”

“Why?”

“Because killing is wrong.”

“And the Parshendi I killed?”

“We’ve talked about this. It had to be done.”

“And what if one of them was a Surgebinder,” Kaladin said. “With his own honorspren?”

“Parshendi can’t become Surgebin—”

“Just pretend,” Kaladin said, grunting as he tried another thrust. He wasn’t getting it right. “I’d guess all the Parshendi want to do at this point is survive. Storms, the ones involved in Gavilar’s death, they might not even still be alive. Their leaders were executed back in Alethkar, after all. So you tell me, if a common Parshendi who is protecting his people comes up against me, what would his honorspren say? That he’s doing the right thing?”

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 511). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

The main issue with the premise is that even if the humans are the invaders, what they're doing to keep people alive isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even if it is a bad thing, it makes a lot more sense for the KR to attempt to fix it rather than just abandon what they're doing.

There almost has to be something fundamental about being a KR in order for the explanation to make sense. It really can't be just a matter of their objectives because it doesn't answer why they couldn't change their goals (e.g. work on evacuating humans). In other words, they could simply have changed what they were fighting for if that was really the main issue - unless the Oaths somehow made that impossible (this just brings us back to the idea that it's something fundamental about being KR that matters, however).

2 hours ago, Seloun said:

I'm pretty sure it's been proposed before (something which is true of a whole lot of things by this point, so not necessarily a knock). Kaladin himself brings up something like this a couple of times:

The main issue with the premise is that even if the humans are the invaders, what they're doing to keep people alive isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even if it is a bad thing, it makes a lot more sense for the KR to attempt to fix it rather than just abandon what they're doing.

There almost has to be something fundamental about being a KR in order for the explanation to make sense. It really can't be just a matter of their objectives because it doesn't answer why they couldn't change their goals (e.g. work on evacuating humans). In other words, they could simply have changed what they were fighting for if that was really the main issue - unless the Oaths somehow made that impossible (this just brings us back to the idea that it's something fundamental about being KR that matters, however).

Thanks for the quick response!

I dont think what the KR is doing is wrong not do they, it's the problem with believes.  People have different believes and sometimes those conflict and neither party thinks what they are doing is wrong.  I think that's part of the problem here and i hope what leads to the solution.  Both sides team up after they realize they are pawns in a game of god chess and really kick some serious Odium butt.  And i believe they will use some of their powers both Parshendi and KR for a planet exodus cause no way the planet survives, plus it's on 1 step on the Path. Isnt this 4 or something out of 7. 

8 hours ago, gokucauthon said:

They are not native to Roshar.  The Parshendi are and the Desolations are cleansing of the planet of non native Rosharians

Nope. Humans were on Roshar before Shards arrived:

Q: Do humans predate the two shards' arrival on Roshar (I said two since Odium arrived later, he specifically mentioned all three)

A: Humans were on Roshar before Honor, Cultivation, and Odium arrived.

source

On 9/9/2017 at 11:04 PM, gokucauthon said:

The Parshendi predate humans and shards. Soo...native!

We don't know that for sure yet. All we know is that the Iriali people are not originally native and came from elsewhere.

We do not have information in that vein regarding the rest of Humanity.It's likely that they do, but we don't have a concrete answer.

Also, the correct term is "Rosharan."
For future reference:   Nalthian,   Scadrian,   Selish,   Rosharan.

Edited by The One Who Connects

• Chaos locked this topic