AU - Paperback vs Hardcover

Cloak

Question

Hey, the paperback edition of Arcanum Unbounded is releasing in my country in November and the copies are up for pre-order now. Since there have not been any official releases of the hardcover editions of the Cosmere books in my country (we end up having to import them with hefty import charges) and Book Depository not delivering them here, I'll have to buy the paperback edition of the Arcanum Unbounded. 

So my question is for those here have the Arcanum Unbounded paperback/ hardcover editions. What are the differences between them? How are the paperback illustrations compared to the hardcover edition, especially the Cosmere star chart?

3 answers to this question

I knew of the star map and have seen pictures of it on google.  I was asking as I wanted to be sure if the paperback edition of AU contained the Cosmere star map and whether it was the same as represented in the hardcovers. There usually tend to be differences in illustrations between hardcover and paperback editions of other books, hence.

I can't speak to differences in art between publishers, but Brandon posts all interior artwork and endsheets on his website. It was for ebook readers and audiobook listeners, but if there is anything missing in paperback or international editions, it will be there. Arcanum Unbounded can be found here. (Although the planetary system charts are in black-and-white in the book.) That way, if any of the illustrations are cropped or excluded (or even Stormlight Archive back cover text trimmed up, even though they are in-universe texts), you can find them all for free on his website.