[OB] Walking to Urithiru - Preview Chapter Analysis!

Overlord Jebus

On 29/9/2017 at 5:18 PM, Dahak said:

Mraize thinks Tezim is an offworlder. And the offworlder most likely to be doing that is Kelsier.

Hope you don't mind me commenting on a 10 day old post, haven't been much on Shard for a couple of weeks.-_-

As much as I'd love to see Kelsier be Tezim it has two very large issues. Kelsier has a way of taking over things, and as large as his character might become it would challange SA standalone status. Secondly, Secret History

Spoiler

With Kelsier's apparent Fullborn status he would be so godlike for Roshar any world that he could probably kill all 10 Heralds at their peak power without even stretching himself. Thats a tough character to include into the narrative, specially linking back to standalone challanges.

Rial could be Waxilliam 

Maybe Wax will become a worldhopper after the Fourth book. The description matches and worldhopping does seem to keep people young. If Steris and Marasi show up talking with Vivienna that would be awesome.

Edited by eveorjoy

1 hour ago, eveorjoy said:

Rial could be Waxilliam 

Maybe Wax will become a worldhopper after the Fourth book. The description matches and worldhopping does seem to keep people young. If Steris and Marasi show up talking with Vivienna that would be awesome.

At this point in SA Wax should still be in the Roughs, or maybe still at home as a teenager. Unless Brandon gave a new WoB on the timeline between SA and Era 2 Mistborn. 

@WhiteLeeopard

I do believe that arcanum unbound compared the strength of certain people from mistborn era one to multiple people from stormlight, so Kelsier probably wouldn't be quite so overwhelming (it said something along the lines of no world other then Roshar do people often obtain so much power, which presumably refers the heralds) but i agree it would be an issue with stormlight being stand alone.

9 minutes ago, Blacksmithki said:

@WhiteLeeopard

I do believe that arcanum unbound compared the strength of certain people from mistborn era one to multiple people from stormlight, so Kelsier probably wouldn't be quite so overwhelming (it said something along the lines of no world other then Roshar do people often obtain so much power, which presumably refers the heralds) but i agree it would be an issue with stormlight being stand alone.

Spoiler

If Kelsier were still a Mistborn I would agree. But Fullborn completely breaks the system. There is a thread on mistborn on what a Fullborn could do that is absolutely ridiculous but also true. Heal from any wound, strength of a thousand men and close to sound speed are some of the easiest ones.

Although I will admit we don't know what a full Herald could do, I'm not convinced they were the absolute powers on the Cosmere. (Other than Shards obviously). Close to it certainly, but not necesarily ultimate.

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

2 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

At this point in SA Wax should still be in the Roughs, or maybe still at home as a teenager. Unless Brandon gave a new WoB on the timeline between SA and Era 2 Mistborn. 

Maybe when you worldhop you can go back in time. Thanks for explaining the timeline to me. I did not know.

1 minute ago, eveorjoy said:

Maybe when you worldhop you can go back in time. Thanks for explaining the timeline to me. I did not know.

I'm not 100% sure on it, maybe Calderis or Extensian can find the WoB. Far as I remember Era 2 happens between SA 1 and SA 2. 

I don't think time will go "backwards" as its one of the things Brandon said he wouldn't do.

@WhiteLeeopard

I would assume that the power referred to was either the lord ruler or 

Spoiler

Anytime someone took the power from the well, or any fullborn other then the lord ruler

Because if I remember correctly it used the word regularly to refer to the amount of power held by individuals and I would assume it's not just a regular mistborn that they are comparing to the powers on Roshar

Great video as always.

And thanks for the shout-out, man. ;)

Btw. You're one of the few people, who figured out, that my name is supposed to be spoken like "Slink" on the first try. So, congrats. S-L-N-C works too though.

Edited by SLNC

59 minutes ago, SLNC said:

Great video as always.

And thanks for the shout-out, man. ;)

Btw. You're one of the few people, who figured out, that my name is supposed to be spoken like "Slink" on the first try. So, congrats. S-L-N-C works too though.

Thanks dude!

And excellent! I was kinda kidding with the Slink! Good to know :D

Ialai, great gal for a leader of assassins.  She is clever, but she is as bad if not worse than Toral. This is why she is likely is associates with Mraize though not a ghostblood.

Kaladin sensed a highstorm in WoR so Syl doing so in chapter 20 is not the first time one of them has done this. So it isn't out of nowhere.

I like your Shallan drawing Adolin killing Toral theory.

Edited by eveorjoy

5 hours ago, eveorjoy said:

Ialai, great gal for a leader of assassins.  She is clever, but she is as bad if not worse than Toral. This is why she is likely is associates with Mraize though not a ghostblood.

Yeah see this is why I feel I need to reread that Sadeas PoV. She is obviously an extremely ambitious woman who loved her disgusting human of a husband very much, but I mean, Jasnah had her own network of spies and assassins working for her.

Kaladin sensed a highstorm in WoR so Syl doing so in chapter 20 is not the first time one of them has done this. So it isn't out of nowhere.

When does this happen in WoR? I have no issue with the reasoning and as I said, it makes sense cosmerologically but it just felt really convenient.

I like your Shallan drawing Adolin killing Toral theory.

Thanks! :D

7 hours ago, Overlord Jebus said:

Yeah see this is why I feel I need to reread that Sadeas PoV. She is obviously an extremely ambitious woman who loved her disgusting human of a husband very much, but I mean, Jasnah had her own network of spies and assassins working for her.

Hmm, fair point. Ialai also suggested a coup when Dalinar left. In truth she maybe no worse than Dalinar used to be. 

7 hours ago, Overlord Jebus said:

When does this happen in WoR? I have no issue with the reasoning and as I said, it makes sense cosmerologically but it just felt really convenient.

Chapter 31 The Stillness Before Pg. 364. Bold added by me.

"Highstorm," Kaladin realized. It seemed like too soon since the last one, but they weren't always regular--not in the way he thought of it. The stormwardens had to do complex mathematics to predict them; Kaladin's father had made a hobby of it.

Perhaps that was what he was noticing. Was he suddenly predicting highstorms because the night seemed too...something?

On 10/8/2017 at 10:34 AM, Dahak said:

Shadows of Silence.

Wax! Yes, that is where I’ve seen it recently in a Brandon Sanderson book. It is also a trait of a character in the book The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen. (I’m sure there are other characters out there as well)  

And just for the record the prologue to Oathbringer read like an Alcatraz book to me. Getting it all at once like that instead of in pieces made me realize that. 

Love reading your notes! So organized!!!

On 10/8/2017 at 1:23 AM, Salkara said:

Top candidates are Prince Kheldar, Mat Cauthon, Thom Merrilin, and Jack Sparrow.

Oooohhh...

The excessive flippant casualness positively screams Mat....

In other news, I'm not exactly sure I am intelligent enough to follow most of the posts, theories and conjecture i see here. Very well presented essay.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Walking to Urithiru - Preview Chapter Analysis!