Musician Jokes

Sami

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That lament picture nearly killed me. I can't believe that's a real song. *sob quietly* :lol:

When doing a test review in a guitar class, our teacher was handing out colored paper clips shaped like treble clefs or guitars to students who answered a question correctly. One student was trying to get a clef clip, but it was stuck to another one. As she tried to untangle them, I asked her, "Are you having treble with that?"

Here's one I found on the internet:
A 'C', an E-flat, and a 'G' go into a bar. The bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So, the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished: the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.
A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims: "Get out now! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."
The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says: "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural.
Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

I'd tell a joke about a fermata, but it would be too long.

And here's this little gem I just found:

A symphony orchestra was performing “Beethoven’s Ninth”.
In the piece, there’s a long passage, (about 20 minutes) during which the bass violinists have nothing to do.
Rather than sitting around- looking stupid, a few bassists decided to sneak-off to the tavern next door for a couple beers.
After slamming several beers in quick succession, one of them looked at his watch and said,
“Hey! We gotta GO!”
“No rush, really,” said another,
“I tied the last few pages of the conductor’s score together with string, just in case we needed more time. It’ll take him a few minutes to get it untangled.”
After slamming another beer, they staggered back to the concert hall and quietly took their seats.
About this time, an audience member nudged her husband, noting that the conductor seemed a bit on-edge.
“Of course he’s stressed, don’t you see…
It’s the bottom of the Ninth,
The score is tied,
AND the bassists are loaded.”

*Whiny French horn player* “My instrument is so hard and difficult to play!”

*Percussionist* “Funny joke.”

7DB12725-74E3-4600-92A1-5BF45C440036.jpeg

And for those of you who think it’s just banging stuff at the right time, I suggest you try and learn drum set. Four different limbs doing four different things.

Edited by BringerofShadows

5 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

And for those of you who think it’s just banging stuff at the right time, I suggest you try and learn drum set. Four different limbs doing four different things.

I think there is a different type of difficulty for each type of instrument- playing precussion is hard, in a different way than Clarinet is hard (which once you get into it- it kind of is. Altissimo register anyone?)

6 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I think there is a different type of difficulty for each type of instrument- playing precussion is hard, in a different way than Clarinet is hard (which once you get into it- it kind of is. Altissimo register anyone?)

And playing bass is hard

Spoiler

On your fingers

On 5/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

(which once you get into it- it kind of is. Altissimo register anyone?)

not yet. :(

On 5/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, BringerofShadows said:

See, but drum set isn't really part of concert band, which presumably is what you were talking about considering you mentioned french horn.

Even standard concert band percussion does seem pretty hard though, considering how complex the rhythms are and how you have to have the right technique for lots of different instruments.

Edit: Oh yeah, and kind of unrelated, but does anybody have some good audition pieces for clarinet at a high middle school level? I don't have long to learn it, but I'd like to see what anyone has anyways.

Edited by Kidpen

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...