New Stormlight Archive logos and bridge 4 Revealed in Brandon's Store

The Rooster

http://store.brandonsanderson.com/

Lots of awesome new stuff including new SA logo with swords, the bridges 4 glyph and a beannie with Kaladin's brands on the forehead.  Yes please, I'm going to make up for missing out on the Kaladin symbol shirt while it was available.

post-6790-0-46160000-1392406450_thumb.jp

Edited by AG Rooster

I see they sell vials of metal, what's the bet that some of the guys who bought them actually swallowed the metal just to make sure they weren't secretly Allomancers. ;)   

EDIT:

I'm convinced that the way those 5 swords are piercing the surgebinding table means something. Like they're separating the different orders into groupings. Maybe 5 at the top with the hilt and 5 at the bottom with the blade. Or maybe the 2 in the middle with the biggest sword is one group, then 4 at the top with the hilts and 4 at the bottom with the blades.

Or maybe this fan is just reading too much into a simple logo.  :P

Edited by Duskshard

The Bridge 4 patch says Bridge 4. (The 4 is on the top.) And yes it's the shape of a bridge over a chasm. Designed by Kaladin himself.

Nice. If i guessed right itmust mean that, like was said in the book, EVERYONE can understand a Glyph. Mission accomplished on that one =)

The new revelations are pretty awesome! So excited to (finally) know how Kaladin's brands actually look like. They had confused me for quite a while. And the new Stormlight logo and Bridge 4 patch… I can only say I love them!

Edited by Botanica

I don't know if it's just me but I don't see how the badge is a representation of someone pushing a bridge over a chasm. Would anyone be able to clarify it for me, please?

It's a glyph, which is a pictogram somewhat similar to Chinese characters in function, but simpler. Though highly stylized, it depicts a bridge over a chasm with the top "x" design being the number 4 in Alethi glyphs.

For all the creative types, I pulled some quick vectors from the new apparel if anyone wants to use the Bridge Four glyph or Kaladin's brands for some designs. They are all located HERE.

D: You beat me to it once again, lol. *pout* j/k :P

I only just saw these, since I haven't been around since Thursday, and I think "great vector material," and then I scrolled further down the page, and "oh."

I'll probably dabble with them a bit and re-trace them once I'm done with the voidbinding chart though (I'm about halfway through with that), since I noticed you don't seem to have included the path data with the SVG's?

I'll probably dabble with them a bit and re-trace them once I'm done with the voidbinding chart though (I'm about halfway through with that), since I noticed you don't seem to have included the path data with the SVG's?

Yeah, I don't normally do much in illustrator. I'm a lot more familiar with photoshop so just traced them in there and converted them to svg after the fact. Didn't think to add paths into the svg's so feel free to put those together sometime if you want.

Edit: Paths were added to the svg files so they will scale effectively.

Edited by awesomeness summoned

The Bridge 4 patch says Bridge 4. (The 4 is on the top.) And yes it's the shape of a bridge over a chasm. Designed by Kaladin himself.

Hey, in the book it says Kaladin designed it!

I think he was channeling the creativity of some dude named Isaac.

Who really is a genius.

It's too late for a retraction now! The secret is out, Kaladin is real. Adonalsium is real, and Brandon isn't a fiction writer he's a historian.

Just do us a favor and make sure you close the wormhole if any voidbringers get to close.

Does this mean that Earth had a Shard? If so it must have abandoned the planet because if sure didn't splinter here. :unsure:

It's too late for a retraction now! The secret is out, Kaladin is real. Adonalsium is real, and Brandon isn't a fiction writer he's a historian.

Just do us a favor and make sure you close the wormhole if any voidbringers get to close.

Does this mean that Earth had a Shard? If so it must have abandoned the planet because if sure didn't splinter here. :unsure:

If so someone plx could explain how we use investidure in earth ?

I really would like, let say, fly in the sky or soulcast one thing in another =)