New to the world

dadams04

Brand new to the website but I just finished Mistborn Era 1, Era 2 and Secret History... Wow is all I can say. I absolutely loved the books and can't wait to dive deeper into the Cosphere. These books are the ONLY ones I have read. I plan on starting another one of them this week, do you guys have any suggestions on where I should go next? 

Also Kelsier was my favorite character in any of the books ( I love Wax and Wayne too) but what are some of the theories you guys have come up with on where he has been during Era 2 and what is he up to? Can't wait to hear some thoughts on what he's been up to. 

Welcome @dadams04! Its great to have you on the shard! 

As to what you should read next.....maybe Warbreaker? That one is currently a stand alone, so it wouldn't take too long. And after that I'd say The Stormlight Archive. The first two of those books are out, and number three is coming in November.

So, yeah. But I'm not really sure, so maybe other people will comment, and give you good opinions.

Anyways, Happy Reading!:D

Hi dadams04.

I haven't finished era 2 yet and have no idea what Kelsier would be doing. For the next book to read, I agree with Rebecca, Warbreaker is a good choice and I'm pretty sure it is also a free ebook on Brandons website.

Also, watch out for spoilers on the shard, there are a ton and it can be hard to avoid them.

:)

Welcome to the shard @dadams04,

I literally just finished Bands of Mourning a few hours ago and I really enjoyed it. It's my favourite era 2 book so far though I prefer era 1. The ending, including the epilogue was so good! My favourite mistborn character is Sazed, but I also really love Melaan and Marasi. (And all the other characters obviously but those are my favourites.)   I haven't read Secret History yet but I really want to. 

I would recommend starting the Stormlight Archives which starts with The Way of Kings. They're my favourite Sanderson books so far but they are quite long and slower than Mistborn. If your looking for something shorter but still amazing I would recommend Elantris. 

Hi and welcome! I'm happy to see another Kelsier fan! 

When it comes to books, the Stormlight Archives (first one is called the Way of Kings) is the best thing Brandon has written, but it is hard to get through in the beginning, and is also quite complicated. 

Warbreaker is also a good one to read. Try to get to it before you read Stormlight 2. You'll have more fun that way, I promise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I actually just saw all these replies. I have since read both Elantris and Warbreaker. Really liked both, I'm not really sure which I would say I liked more. 

I started Way of Kings today and it already seems a little more complicated and deep. Which I am really excited for, the first few chapters have been a little slower though.