I finally found the 17th

TheHonorChasm

Hello. A few years ago I decided I spent too much time on the road and in moving equipment to have much time for books anymore. I decided to look into the world of audiobooks which I knew nothing about. As I knew nothing I of course picked the first book on the front page of iBooks that interested me at all - Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography. It was good but I'm not an autobiography type of guy. I decided I needed to see if audiobooks had ever been done in the fantasy realm. 

Mind. Blown. I had no idea! It was all there! The only question left was where to start? I started looking up lists of fantasy series to read and found one called The Stormlight Archives with must reads pasted all over it. I'd read mistborn but didn't even put the two together as being the same author and decided to take a leap of faith on a new series. One of the best decisions of my life. 

Eventually I realized Sanderson was the creator of mistborn and that only made me appreciate what I was reading (listening to) even more. It prompted me to find all things Sanderson. I even went through the wheel of time simply because I found out he'd finished it. That was a great decision too. 

Out of all the writers I've encountered Sanderson's writing rings most true to my tastes in story telling. Stormlight is so far the best fantasy series I have ever read with only one other even coming close in my opinion. Of course that made me dig deeper and deeper as the suspense drawled on over book 3. That's where the 17th came in. I'd fine stuff from the 17th online giving hints or helping connect dots on all the Sanderson books I was delving into. I have a lot to learn but I'm happy I've finally found you. I don't have a tonne of time to devote to anything these days (I wrote this in the bathroom) but I want to make this forum a daily stop if I can. Happy to be here! :)

28 minutes ago, Lightwalker said:

Have you listened to GraphicAudio. They have music and stuff which makes it really good. I listened to Words of Radiance on GraphicAudio and it was amazing. You should totally check it out.

I sampled it but I listen through iBooks and they didn't ever put it on there. Suppose I could figure out how to get audible or something though lol. I agree though from what I heard it sounded pretty sweet. 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:25 AM, Aciilnt Stormblessed said:

Try to avoid the cookies but have an upvote. XD

33 minutes ago, Lightwalker said:

What are the cookies?

Don't listen to anyone who says to avoid the cookies, they're high in iron. :P

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

cookie.jpg