Create your own weapon

Zmaray

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of magical weapons, and a few non-magical. One non-magical is a proto-gun, a spike-launcher that's basically a scaled-down crossbow that shoots metal spikes at terrifying speeds. Another non-magical weapon I've been toying with is called a gharth, a weighed whip designed to incapacitate and knock out opponents.

A magical one is a suit of armor that is infused with magic to let non-magicians fight with the same strength as magicians. The only downside being it requires necromancy to create by sacrificing several magicians and putting their souls essentially into the armor.

The last weapon, one of my personal favorites, operates on the same principle as the armor. It is a sword hilt that contains the soul of one of my main characters, allowing the wielder to use her magic to create a blade out of any of the seven elements (as long as they ask nicely) and decimate their enemies.

On October 12, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Shadowmancer said:

allowing the wielder to use her magic to create a blade out of any of the seven elements (as long as they ask nicely) and decimate their enemies.

The contrast between these two things is hilarious.

A concept I'm thinking of is a sword that gradually attunes the user to their surroundings the longer they are in combat. Essentially, the longer the person is in a fight, the more situational awareness they gain, until they reach the point that they can predict their opponent's movements.

A quarterstaff made out of shadsteel. I can also change it's length and give it a different head. Like a blade or spearhead.

Shardsteel

Edited by Waymaker

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have several, but here's my first:

An adamantine koloss sword with a hilt made of dragon horn and wrapped in black leather, with beads of atium instead of gemstones at the pommel. I'd awaken it with the command "kill lots of evil things and be totally awesome doing it". (The one-upmanship of Nightblood ensues).

• 3 weeks later...

How about a sword of pure Atium that fills it's victim with Ruin and completely obliterates their Physical, Cognitive, and Spiritual aspects.

And a blade of a Shardsteel/Lerasium alloy that is powerful enough to Splinter Harmony and Unity together at the same time.

Edited by InvertShard

• 2 weeks later...

A mass of energy fused to my soul that I can summon into physical form at any time in any shape I want. The summoning works like this; the weapon grows out of whatever part of my body I choose(typically the hand) as bone. Once the shape is completed, it bursts into red flames which don't harm me but are extremely harmful to others. After a second or so the red flames die down, leaving the weapon in my hand with whatever physical properties I want. It is also no longer fused to me, which is nice. I can dismiss it at any time. 

The weapon's magical powers are these:

-Indestructible, can only become nonexistent when I desummon it

-Injures like a normal sword no matter who the opponent is(Ex. if you're invincible, it'll hurt you just like a normal human, etc.) 

-Cuts through inorganic and nonmagical materials with no resistance

-Drains positive emotions from people it wounds(this power grows less effective the more magically charged your opponent is)

Edited by Ookla the Noble

On 10/20/2017 at 9:30 AM, Ookla the Hematist said:

A quarterstaff made out of shadsteel. I can also change it's length and give it a different head. Like a blade or spearhead.

Shardsteel

Shadsteel, ultimate metal of medieval weapons YT channels 

A massive hemalurgic spike launcher. It fabricates spikes (powered by a shard) and launches them rapidly. These are special homing spikes, made of a variety of metal. 

EDIT: These hemalurgic spikes crash straight through the spiritweb of everything, and are made of shardsteel (tanavastium?) and (rayseium?), along with ettmetal and all the other allomantic metals, in addition to normal spikes that just impale things. It can grow or shrink in size to a storm of minature pins at escape velocity (or any other speeds chosen) and has a range equal enough to hit everything in any multiverse ever. The spikes can also be grown so you could hemalurgically spike a planet. Basically, I think it just achieved enuff dakka. Plus the spikes can go fast enough and home in on natural weakness of the aluminum or whatever metal it is. 

Edited by DarthKholin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think of a Shardblade with no summon delay that cuts living things like it does nonliving things, but you can change the shape of the blade from longsword to dagger at will. While in dagger form it guides itself to its target and can disappear and instantly return to your hand.