New to Sanderson, but completely hooked!

Scyora

Hey!

I'm from Germany and quite new to Sanderson (and the Shard).

I only finished Mistborn Era 1, now I'm diving into Elantris. (Any recommendations in which order I should read the rest of the Cosmere? Especially the short work?)

I discovered the Final Empire (in German it's called "Kinder des Nebels") a few years ago in a bookstore, thought it might be interesting, but unfortunately didn't end up buying it (too much unread books and all that). When I finally wanted to buy it: out of stock, no reprints. Then, I was quite sad, but now I'm happy about that. With all the publisher changes occuring at the moment, it would look horrible on my shelves. (And if I want a series to look great, it's the Cosmere, even if I only read Era 1) Now I'm reading all the Cosmere in English - With the positive side effect of not having to wait for a translation.

My first Sanderson-reads were Legion and Skin Deep. After that I immediately startet Mistborn. The rest of the Non-Cosmere-works'll have to wait until I caught up with the Cosmere.

Hope to have a great time here.

Scyora

Edited by Scyora

@Scyora    Welcome to the Shard!

In terms of Cosmere stories, I would recommend reading SA or Warbreaker next. Probably Warbreaker first, then Arcanum Unbounded. Then you can read White Sand, Reckoners and Alcatraz to push down your impatience for Oathbringer. If you do it right, you might be able to finish the last one by Oathvember and finish directly before it comes out :D

Make sure you check out Sanderson Elimination! 

Edited by Sami

Welcome! 

The above recommendation is pretty good, but to simplify it do something like this: Elantris, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archive, Mistborn Era 2 and then finally, Arcanum Unbounded.

By the way, how did you discover the Cosmere? It's always interesting to hear how people discovered the awesome story behind the story that Brandon is creating.

9 hours ago, Sami said:

If you do it right, you might be able to finish the last one by Oathvember and finish directly before it comes out :D

Unfortunately, I'm not that fast a reader... But that only means that I have enough for the wait for Mistborn Era 2 final. ;)

9 hours ago, Unknowingly said:

By the way, how did you discover the Cosmere? It's always interesting to hear how people discovered the awesome story behind the story that Brandon is creating.

I wasn't able to discover it all by myself. Quite a shame.
I was looking how many books there were in the Mistborn series, and with conflicting statements like 'trilogy' or 'book 6' I investigated a bit more and...well... But I refrained to look deeper into all of it and so I only know that it's all connected. I can't wait to find out on all the connections and details.

@Sami, @Unknowingly, @Nathrangking: Thanks for the recommendations and the welcome!