Characters you Hate!

Draginon

Are there any characters, celebrities can be included, that you hate? It can be because they're meant to be hated, annoying, gets on your nerves or even ones where you just don't get their appeal.

Heres my list:

Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter), I don't think there's much to say, she's a sadistic slontze!

Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII), he annoys me with his hero attitude more than anything

Straff Venture (Mistborn), he's a bastard!

Poe Dameron (Star Wars Sequel trilogy), he gets on my nerves so much and I just don't understand why everyone likes him so much. I liked Jar Jar more than this guy!

Kanye West, he's a douchebag and nothing great ever comes out of his mouth. His wife ain't much better by defending everything he does.

Gawyn Trakand. Every time that guy did anything I was frustrated. I was always mad that Egwene liked him too. It just seemed like a total waste. Ugh.

Also, Calvin from the Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card, you always think he's about to do something good... and then he's worthless again. Card is really good at making characters that are super frustrating

Elayne Trakand (She's useless!)

The Sandbender who stole Appa in Avatar: The Last Airbender (he deserved to die, but unfortunately Katara doesn't approve of killing total jerks who deserve it)

Tow Mater from Cars (Why? Watch any of the movies, you'll see)

The Minions from Despicable Me (WHY THE HECK DO THEY EXIST??? THEY WERE FUNNY ONLY ONE TIME!!!)

Red Young( Shadows for Silence) (what a adfdfdf) I didn't even type a real swear word. He's just that guy.

A plethora of characters from Harry Potter who are pointless: Charlie Weasley, Sturgis Podmore, every character in Fantastic Beasts except Newt and Kowalski, Fleur's little sister, Great Auntie Muriel(she deserves a kick in the pants), the Carrows, Goyle, Sirius' mum, the entire cast of Cursed Child, Hestia Jones, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Ernie Macmillan, the Bloody Baron, the Fat Friar, Professor Binns, and Errol.

Finally, Veruca Salt.

Edit: DANNY HUSTON!!!! (What an ugly actor. He gets on my nerves so much.)

Edited by Captains Domon

Ginny Weasley. No good reason, I just really don't like her. She worked as a plot device in one book and definitely not as a character later on for me I guess.

+1 on Zane. He added some points to the story but most of it was just ... too much crazy Zane.

Nobody can like the Bolton bastard from GoT (his first name escapes me). I believe it is impossible.

Edited by Penumbra

6 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

+1 on Zane. He added some points to the story but most of it was just ... too much crazy Zane.

Nobody can like the Bolton bastard from GoT (his first name escapes me). I believe it is impossible.

Make that a +2 on Zane. I'm only halfway through WOA and he doesn't work for me, especially with his fixation on Vin and trying to make her leave Elend.

If it's who I'm thinking of I tried to shank him in the Telltale Games version. Ramsay Snow I think his name was.

1 hour ago, Captains Domon said:

A plethora of characters from Harry Potter who are pointless: Charlie Weasley, Sturgis Podmore, every character in Fantastic Beasts except Newt and Kowalski, Fleur's little sister, Great Auntie Muriel(she deserves a kick in the pants), the Carrows, Goyle, Sirius' mum, the entire cast of Cursed Child, Hestia Jones, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Ernie Macmillan, the Bloody Baron, the Fat Friar, Professor Binns, and Errol.

Most of these actually has a purpose, and most of those who don't still adds flavor to the story.

Trying to figure out if characters that you sometimes hate, sometimes love should count.

Ones that meet that criteria are:

Zelena (Once Upon a Time), sometimes I really love this gal but other times she makes me want to strangle her for her stupidity

Belle (Once Upon a Time), how many times has she broken up and forgiven Rumple during the whole of six seasons?

Egwene, Rand, Lan, Tuon

Snape (Harry Potter), there are times where he is awesome, like denying Umbridge some truth serum, but then you remember him being a dick to his students, selling out the Potters because of a school grudge and ousting Lupin

Other characters I hate:

Rumplestiltskin (Once Upon a Time), How many redemptions can one person pull???

Eragon, I liked him at the beginning but by the end I was so annoyed with his attitude and his placing elves on a pedestal.

20 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Trying to figure out if characters that you sometimes hate, sometimes love should count.

Ones that meet that criteria are:

Zelena (Once Upon a Time), sometimes I really love this gal but other times she makes me want to strangle her for her stupidity

Belle (Once Upon a Time), how many times has she broken up and forgiven Rumple during the whole of six seasons?

Egwene, Rand, Lan, Tuon

Snape (Harry Potter), there are times where he is awesome, like denying Umbridge some truth serum, but then you remember him being a dick to his students, selling out the Potters because of a school grudge and ousting Lupin

Other characters I hate:

Rumplestiltskin (Once Upon a Time), How many redemptions can one person pull???

Eragon, I liked him at the beginning but by the end I was so annoyed with his attitude and his placing elves on a pedestal.

Oh my god, Eragon! I nearly forgot. He got stranger and stranger as the books progressed. And the elf-woman in those books too (I'm really bad with names, uh).

10 hours ago, Fatling said:

Gawyn Trakand. Every time that guy did anything I was frustrated. I was always mad that Egwene liked him too. It just seemed like a total waste. Ugh.

Yes, yes, all the way yes. I would upvote this 100 more times if I could.

On the topic of Wheel of Time: Elaida do Avriny a'Roihan

A couple of others:
Elantris: Sarene (although I find her more annoying than worthy of hatred)
Kingkiller Chronicles: Denna
A Song of Ice and Fire: Theon Greyjoy, Joffrey Baratheon
Harry Potter: Dolores Umbridge (This one feels a bit like cheating as I actually really enjoy how awful she is... in my opinion she is one of the better written characters in all of literature.)

54 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

Sayeth what??!!!

It's more on how they annoy me with some parts of their actions (Rand going crazy later on, Lan's "you don't deserve me" towards Nynaeve before they get married, and I like Tuon except for the fact that she sees nothing wrong with enslaving all Aes Sedai!)

1 hour ago, Penumbra said:

Oh my god, Eragon! I nearly forgot. He got stranger and stranger as the books progressed. And the elf-woman in those books too (I'm really bad with names, uh).

One of the worst with him was thousands of people die, no big deal, one elf dies, OMFG!!! Arya is her name. I like her well enough until the end when she suddenly falls in love with him almost out of the blue.

Ross from Friends - he was super whiny and annoying and really got on my nerves.

AMARAM!! (Caps because I can't say his name without shouting and wanting to hit something.) I hope he gets stepped on by a Thunderclast and gets his Shards taken by the Lopen.

Eragon - I liked him less and less as the books went on. And he was chasing Arya legit the ENTIRE series and he got shot down at least once per book! It got to the point where I was only reading because the dragons were so awesome.

From Harry Potter the character I disliked the most was Cho Chang - she played like no part in the story, and when most characters develop and progress, she actually managed to do the opposite! She should just be excised from the series.

And to jump back to the celebrities part, I have to go along with @Draginon, the Kardashians are just the worst. I mean like, why are they even famous? I don't get it! Do any of them have any special skills or talents? Even less than that, can anyone produce a quote of one of the Kardashians actually saying something intelligent?

Hope you guys liked my rant, feel free to pick apart any of my arguments.

Edited by Fleet

7 hours ago, Fleet said:

Eragon - I liked him less and less as the books went on. And he was chasing Arya legit the ENTIRE series and he got shot down at least once per book! It got so bad that by the end I was only reading because the dragons were so awesome.

And to jump back to the celebrities part, I have to go along with @Draginon, the Kardashians are just the worst. I mean like, why are they even famous? I don't get it! Do any of them have any special skills or talents? Even less than that, can anyone produce a quote of one of the Kardashians actually saying something intelligent?

But I digress, hope you guys liked my rant, feel free to pick apart any of my arguments.

You nailed Eragon exactly. I was about the same age as him when the books started but by the time of the last he didn't seem to become a better person, heck Rand al'Thor went batshit insane and still became a better person afterwards! I only read the later half of the series for Nasuada, Roran and the other characters that weren't Eragon and Arya.

I tried to think of something intelligent they have said but I didn't want to completely melt my brain, just smoke. They're famous for the same reason Paris Hilton was famous... well it was first because of Rob Kardashian for the O J Simpson trial and then later on Kris marrying Bruce Jenner. Heck me and my girlfriend had gotten into a talk about them once and came to the conclusion we would love to see a horror movie where they are being stalked by a killer and they all get slaughtered.

On 31/08/2017 at 8:38 PM, The Sovereign said:

On the topic of Wheel of Time: Elaida do Avriny a'Roihan

A couple of others:
Elantris: Sarene (although I find her more annoying than worthy of hatred)
Kingkiller Chronicles: Denna
A Song of Ice and Fire: Theon Greyjoy, Joffrey Baratheon
Harry Potter: Dolores Umbridge (This one feels a bit like cheating as I actually really enjoy how awful she is... in my opinion she is one of the better written characters in all of literature.)

Elaida is indeed horrible. But I'm 50-50 about Denna. One has to see that we are getting the story from Kvothe's point of view. When seen from Denna's PoV, her actions seem reasonable enough (at least to me). Actually, I don't like the Maer enough. He's pretty low on my list. 

On 31 augusti 2017 at 4:43 PM, Draginon said:

I love Snape. I agree, he is a douche and a bully to his students, and a bad teacher. Im pretty sure that he didn't know that it was the Potters he sold out though. He just told Voldy about the prophecy without knowing who it was about. Voldemort then reached a conclusion on his own and killed them, which is why Snape switched sides in the first place. 

Also, I don't get how anyone can dislike Lan. The dude is basically Aragorn on steroids.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I love Snape. I agree, he is a douche and a bully to his students, and a bad teacher. Im pretty sure that he didn't know that it was the Potters he sold out though. He just told Voldy about the prophecy without knowing who it was about. Voldemort then reached a conclusion on his own and killed them, which is why Snape switched sides in the first place. 

Also, I don't get how anyone can dislike Lan. The dude is basically Aragorn on steroids.

He was fine with selling James out until he remembered he was married to Lily and her being in danger brought he over to Dumbledore's side. What kind of annoys me with the fandom is how so man forgive every single thing he did once the 'Snape loved Harry's mum' was shown. I had a little more respect for him but I didn't absolve him for the hell he put his students through.

It's not really a dislike but more a 'dude, stop trying to end the relationship with someone you like and is clearly into you just because you think you're way too old for her' than anything. I like him otherwise, it was just that bit I disliked with him. I'd trust Lan with my life if he were real.

Edited by Draginon

There's one character I've forgotten to list and that is Olaf from Frozen. Dear god disney created the most annoying character ever! He makes me want to torch a snowman instead of building one! He also does nothing to contribute to the story.

10 hours ago, Draginon said:

There's one character I've forgotten to list and that is Olaf from Frozen. Dear god disney created the most annoying character ever! He makes me want to torch a snowman instead of building one! He also does nothing to contribute to the story.

for me the overrated Frozen characters are Kristoff and the Trolls. The trolls are weird, could be even kinda creepy, and aren't even cute. Kristoff - well I just never liked him that much. 

Actually, when you think about it, all Frozen characters are overrated. 

Wait, I revise that - all Disney cartoon characters are overrated.

2 hours ago, Sami said:

The trolls are weird, could be even kinda creepy, and aren't even cute.

Compared to real trolls from Scandinavia they are extremely cute since those ones can be so ugly you would need a hundred ugly sticks just to make one of the rock trolls look like the Scandinavian ones.