What's your favorite piece of Cosmere fanfiction?

Necessary Eagle

20 hours ago, Necessary Eagle said:

When I wrote this OP yesterday, I didn't have an answer myself. But I just found this SA/MB crossover on AO3, and it's just perfect.

16 hours ago, Julio said:

I'm reading that fanfic right now, it's really good... and I usually despise fanfics. As such, I don't have a favourite one... except, now, that one. 

Is it just the one page or is there more to the story after the short Kaladin scene?

• 9 months later...

I didn't dive into Cosmere fanfiction much, but one that stuck with me because it featured different kinds of relations & love, wrapped up in nicely written & short sequences, was Twelve Dances by Isolde on ao3 (unfortunately, the forum keeps telling me to stop the spamming when I try to insert the link here :D)

On 8/31/2017 at 6:29 PM, Necessary Eagle said:

When I wrote this OP yesterday, I didn't have an answer myself. But I just found this SA/MB crossover on AO3, and it's just perfect.

You are right this is perfect!! Who woulda thought! Shallan and Wayne partners!! Actually makes sense!

I haven't really read much Cosmere fanfiction yet, but I just found Marsh's Adventures in Babysitting by EHyde on AO3, and I think it is absolutely adorable. I'm also particularly interested in what Marsh gets up to after Era 1, so the fact that it covered that is great as well. (I'm also affected by the spam filter at the moment, so I can't post a link)

• 2 weeks later...

Another sharder (Kearin on discord, not sure what their handle is here) recently pointed me to Life Ore Death by Obloquy, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It takes a full feruchemist from shortly after the Catacendre and dimension-hops her into the DC universe. 

The interactions between the Metallic Arts and DC powers are interesting and well thought out, and the main character's backstory is not only awesome but also fits well enough into the gaps of Era 1 events that I am adopting it as headcanon.

Edited by ccstat

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 11:16 AM, ccstat said:

Another sharder (Kearin on discord, not sure what their handle is here) recently pointed me to Life Ore Death by Obloquy, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It takes a full feruchemist from shortly after the Catacendre and dimension-hops her into the DC universe. 

The interactions between the Metallic Arts and DC powers are interesting and well thought out, and the main character's backstory is not only awesome but also fits well enough into the gaps of Era 1 events that I am adopting it as headcanon.

Just finished reading this actually. It's pretty good, lot's of detailed feruchemy mechanics discussion. But it may literally be longer than Oathbringer.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ladrian said:

My favorite has to be One Spren Two Spren

Aww, I'm flattered! (Link is here or in my signature.)

On 7/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, Trellium said:

Just finished reading this actually. It's pretty good, lot's of detailed feruchemy mechanics discussion. But it may literally be longer than Oathbringer.

Yeah, it's currently sitting at 620K words. It just reached the end of what the author is calling "season one," and there appear to be firm outlines for at least one more season.

The good news, if you decide you like it, is that there are regular updates (at least weekly) and it's only taken 18 months to get this far. So while I've only recently started consuming web serials, this one stands with the best in terms of frequent content.

Edited by ccstat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...