[OB] Chapter One - Dalinar's Vison

OrangeJedi

So in the first sample chapter for Oathbringer, we see Dalinar during one of his visions. After going to a different spot and staying longer. He sees the following:

The wave of destruction struck, crashing against Dalinar, and he shouted defiance. He had not bowed before the highstorm; he would not bow before this! He faced it head-on, and in the blast of power that ripped apart the ground, he saw something.

A golden light, brilliant yet terrible. Standing before it, a dark figure in black Shardplate. The figure had nine shadows, each spreading out in a different direction, and its eyes glowed a brilliant red.

Dalinar stared deep into those eyes, and felt a chill wash through him. Though the destruction raged around him, vaporizing rocks, those eyes frightened him more. He saw something terribly familiar in them.

This was a danger far beyond even the storms.

This was the enemy’s champion. And he was coming.

Later he says:

Still, those eyes haunted him. As frightening as it was to contemplate the Unmade, he feared that figure with the red eyes the most. Odium’s champion.

What did Dalinar see in the eyes of the champion and why were they so familiar to him? And why was he more scarred of the champion than the unmade or Odium. I was thinking that it could be a parshendi/voidbringer (they have red eyes, right) but I don't think that that would have have that much of an effect on Dalinar.

So who is the champion and why is Dalinar so scarred of him/her?

As to who it is take a guess as a teacher of mine used to say about things that could not possibly be guessed based on the given information an alien. Because there is simply no way an informed guess could even begin to be made on that topic. As for what he saw take your pick I favor the theory which states that he saw the fire and intensity that he had as a youth at war (the thrill).

My first impression when I read

Dalinar stared deep into those eyes, and felt a chill wash through him. Though the destruction raged around him, vaporizing rocks, those eyes frightened him more. He saw something terribly familiar in them.

was that he was looking into the eyes of his wife.  Shhshshshsh  The woman he can no longer remember. Perhaps the Old Magic is connected to this is some way.

47 minutes ago, OrangeJedi said:

@Nathrangking and @Spicker, I had not though of that, but that is really good explanation, that Dalinar saw the same emotion in the eyes of Odium's champion as he had when he was in battle. It will be interesting to see if/how the Dalinar flashbacks support this.

I like this idea best of those I've seen put forward. I think it's also quite possible that he sees... red eyes like the Stormform Parshendi. Honestly, I didn't attribute much to the passage

After 7 pages of talking about this more than anything else today, this topic is slightly redundant... 

But yeah. I vote the thrill. 

The vision was crafted before Honor's death. If that was part of the vision, and not some vision within vision convolution, than there's no way Tanavast foresaw a literal person to have the detail of the eyes recognized by Dalinar. It's a figurative image, so he's recognizing something that is emotional, spiritual, subconscious... 

That's it. 

There has to be some sort of Feedback loop in these visions.  Dalinar talks to different people in them, he does different things within the repeat of the same vision.  So somehow his consciousness has an effect, however slight on the environment of the vision.  He assumes it is a champion, bc a champion has been mentioned before.  He has a subconscious view of what this champion should be, and based on how he has changed, it might correspond to he reveling in the Thrill in his youth.  Therefore, he himself might be influencing his own vision with a bit of what he expects.

My assessment was that the Champion is much like the rest of the vision - Honor's best guess.  The Desolations were the results of the destruction at the hands of void-powered Listeners, so the imposing figure of an empowered Listener with eyes-aglow is a very rational (and frightening) image to use.

I think the thing he is reacting to in the eyes of the Champion is likely going to come clearer as we get more book/November.  My guess is that he is chilled, because the men that he was earlier in life (the Blackthorn) would have made a fine Champion for Odium.  Destructive.  Remorseless.  Awe and enjoyment in slaying. Unquestioning of direction and unswervingly loyal.

We saw in Chapter 3 that he used to be addicted to the Thrill.  In WoR, he showed that he was now revolted by the feeling.  We also know that the Thrill is linked to one of the Unmade, and we saw the presence of them in the form of shadows.  I would not be surprised if we see other similarities that fill him with dread at what he once was.

Of course, Adolin is following his path in some significant ways, though I suspect he is more likely to become Dalinar's Squire (if Bondsmiths have them) or die dramatically than become the Champion of Odium.

I am keen for everyone to read the future Dalinar's flashbacks as it really becomes obvious Adolin is nothing like his father...

I am voting for the Thrill and I am going much farther: the champion isn't chosen by Odium, it arises as a blood-thirsty warrior totally irrevocably succumbs to the Thrill pass the point of no return, he can never leave it, he becomes The Thrill and thus the Champion.

I think Sadeas is Odium’s champion. He’s the best representative of the Thrill, as foreshadowed by his musings after acquiring Oathbringer. He once was an excellent duelist.

I’ve long believed the Heralds are spren that personify their Divine Attributes. The Investiture in Honorblades is like the Divine Breath that resurrects a Returned. On Roshar, that Investiture manifests as spren. I think the Heralds “return” by taking over someone’s body who shares their attributes. IMO, that was the model for Radiantspren bonding.

I believe the sapient Unmade are Odium’s version of the Heralds (and Returned). They are the souls of the listener gods, and they take over (“unmake”) dead bodies. I suspect those dead souls must also show an affinity for the  Unmade who possesses them.

That’s why I think Sadeas with the “familiar eyes” is a good candidate for the Odiumspren who personifies the Thrill. Since Honor foresaw Kholinar’s destruction, he could easily have foreseen Sadeas’ role in it.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:38 AM, Lightspine said:

In addition, you must realize that the Almighty created this image, and his future sight was likely not accurate enough to know who the champion would be. It seems more likely Dalinar recognized an emotion in those eyes than that he recognized the person.

The Stormfather says he didn't see what Dalinar saw (with the golden light, and the champions), suggesting that that was not actually part of the vision.

I'm inclined to think that Gavilar is somehow related. Gavilar certainly seemed to have come very close to releasing the Unmade, and he was actively trying to bring about a Desolation (even if it was for what he thought was ultimately a good cause - Journey before Destination, road to hell, etc.). Of course, he has the slight problem of being dead.

Looking at the references to 'champion' in WoR brings up this passage:

“I saw them in mirrors, in the corners of my eyes. I could swear I even heard them whispering, but you frightened them. I haven’t seen them since. There’s something about you. Don’t try to deny it.” The king looked to him. “I am sorry for what I did to you. I watched you fight to help Adolin, and then I saw you defend Renarin . . . and I grew jealous. There you were, such a champion, so loved. And everyone hates me. I should have gone to fight myself.

“Instead, I overreacted to your challenge of Amaram. You weren’t the one who ruined our chance against Sadeas. It was me. Dalinar was right. Again. I’m so tired of him being right, and me being wrong. In light of that, I am not at all surprised that you find me a bad king.”

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 967). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

I always assumed that this was a hint that Elhokar was a proto-Radiant, but what if it's actually something rather more sinister? One of the possibilities that came to mind was that the Thrill might be somehow associated with his Shardplate given how Adolin is affected by the Thrill in the duel against Salinor:

For now, he’d have to settle for Salinor, one of Thanadal’s Shardbearers. The man had only the Blade, though he’d been able to borrow a set of the King’s Plate for a bout with a full Shardbearer.

Adolin growled, feeling the old Thrill of battle as he shoved aside Salinor’s attack— careless of the hit it scored on his side— then brought his Blade in two-handed and crashed it into his opponent’s breastplate, like he was chopping wood. Salinor grunted again and Adolin raised his foot and kicked the man backward, throwing him to the ground.

The woman sputtered. “This duel was to three broken pieces of Plate. You broke only two.”

Adolin looked down at the dazed Salinor. Then he reached down, ripped off the man’s pauldron, and smashed it between two fists. “Done.”

“My prize,” Adolin said, suddenly feeling drained. The Thrill faded from him. Storms, he’d never before felt like this in a duel.

“It was wise, then,” Navani said. “You mask your true skill. People can assume this was won by trickery, pit-fighting instead of proper dueling. They might continue to underestimate you. I can work with this to get you more duels.” Adolin nodded, pretending that was why he’d done it.

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 226). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

However, the armor is golden rather than black, which is may be evidence against.

On the other hand, Elhokar is pretty far from the army during the attack on the center of the Shattered Plains, where Adolin stops feeling the Thrill. This might be simply because Nerghull moved on (Adrastia talks about potentially triangulating its position using the Thrill, but that assumes it doesn't move), though that still begs to question why Nerghull may have moved on. I thought for a while that it might have been related to Kaladin recovering his bond (based on Elhokar comment about the shadows) but the timing doesn't seem to fit; Adolin's battle with Estonai appears to occur before Kaladin's recovery, though I don't believe there is any explicit proof of the relative order those occur.

So my vague theory is that Elhokar may have somehow inherit something from Gavilar that ties him to Odium, and his resentment for how he's basically the butt of all jokes will end him in becoming Odium's champion. I'm not sure whether the fact Kaladin saves him from assassination would help or hurt the case; initially I thought it might be too ironic, but on reflection that could ultimately help Elhokar redeem himself after becoming Odium's champion (and lead to Odium's defeat).

I am relatively confident that Honor isn't known for having good foresight, so those eyes belonging to someone that Dalinar specifically knows is off-the-table. That being said, I believe that it's Brandon foreshadowing the Champion, still. I've been meaning to create my own thread for this, probably after I conduct my pre-OB rereads of WoK and WoR so I can gather more evidence, but my current theory is that Dalinar - or, more specifically, the Blackthorn - will be Odium's Champion. Here's why.

From the back cover of Tor's The Way of Kings:

There are four whom we watch. The first is the surgeon, forced to put aside healing to become a soldier in the most brutal war of our time. The second is the assassin, a murderer who weeps as he kills. The third is the liar, a young woman who wears a scholar's mantle over the heart of a thief. The last is the highprince, a warlord whose eyes have opened to the past as his thirst for battle wanes.

The world can change. Surgebinding and Shardwielding can return; the magics of ancient days can become ours again. These four people are key.

One of them may redeem us.

And one of them will destroy us.

This has been talked about by a lot of different people. I, personally, am interpreting the 'one who will destroy us' as Odium's Champion. That means the candidates are Kaladin, Szeth, Shallan and Dalinar.

Personally I'm ruling out Szeth because he starts off the first book as a villain. Pretty much everyone hates the guy already. For him to become the Champion of Odium, especially after recent events, would have the least impact on the narrative, both regarding the plot and the characters. I am pretty confident that Szeth's character arc is going to involve redeeming himself and fighting alongside the Radiants. He's also my greatest candidate for the ultimate hero, given 'one may redeem us' (he does this along the way of redeeming himself) and that he's the new wielder of Nightblood, who is probably one of the most interesting / powerful tools Roshar has to use against Odium.

I'm also ruling Shallan out because, ultimately, I don't feel it's her. Besides her interactions with Pattern at the end of WoR, I can't recall her ever using the word hate, or really expressing that emotion, except maybe towards herself? The only thing that I think may be foreshadowing towards her becoming the Champion is Pattern's insistence that she will kill him. Could be Brandon hinting at her betraying her oaths to join Odium but... I dunno. Like I said, I just don't feel it.

For the longest time, Kaladin was who I thought it was going to be. Hatred is so prevalent in his character and he's got a long history of regression and failures. I thought that something was going to happen that pushes him overboard. Maybe something that makes him realize not only light eyes are terrible, but all people are, like a betrayal of someone who he really trusts. I liked the idea of Szeth and Kaladin fighting one more time, perhaps in the Everstorm, and this time Szeth proving victorious / the hero. I also liked the idea of seeing how Bridge Four deals with Kaladins becoming evil. That being said, Kaladin is a character that inspires so much hope in people that I don't think Brandon will ultimately take this route. Even if an Anakin Skywalker type storyline might be interesting (if done correctly), it doesn't really match the overall themes of this book: which brings me to Dalinar.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

There's a lot of different ways these words can be interpreted, but no matter which way you do, it's extremely clear how important they are to SA's theme. You see it especially in characters like Gavilar and Taravangian, the first who is willing to bring back the Parshendi's Old Gods to start the apocalypse again in order to unify Alethkar, and Taravangian who is willing to euthanize thousands of ill and injured to gather intel and also send a powerful assassin after the governmental leaders of many nations, just so he can manipulate events.

A lot of people have mixed feelings about these two and what they're doing, both in world and via the readers. It all boils down to journey before destination: what horrible things need to be done to save the world. I think Dalinar is going to be reaching this same question soon and have to make a decision. And I think I can predict what his decision will be.

"Who are you?" Dalinar asked again, voice softer.

"I wish I could do more," repeated the figure in gold. "You might be able to get him to choose a champion. He is bound by some rules. All of us are. A champion could work well for you, but it is not certain. And... without the Dawnshards... Well, I have done what I can. It is a terrible, terrible thing to leave you alone."

"Who are you?" Dalinar asked again. And yet, he thought he knew.

"I am... I was... God. The one you call the Almighty, the creator of mankind." The figure closed his eyes. "And now I am dead. Odium has killed me. I am Sorry."

From tWoK Chapter 75.

Honor himself has informed Dalinar that mankind's best chance is getting Odium to choose a champion. What better way to do that is to directly offer oneself? Especially when your one most important mission is to...

“I have to unite the world against the enemy faster than he can destroy it.”

He had to find a way to make the other monarchs of the world listen to him. He had to prepare them for the new storm and the Voidbringers. And, barring that, he had to help them survive the effects.

But if he succeeded, he wouldn’t have to face the Desolation alone. This was not a matter of one nation against the Voidbringers. He needed the kingdoms of the world to join him, and he needed to find the Knights Radiant who were being created among their populations.

Unite them.

Gavilar had reached the same conclusion, not long ago. He might have been the one to start things off, but as the Diagram says, the Desolation was coming anyway. All he did was accelerate it. I believe Dalinar will find out what his brother was doing, probably hate him for a while because of it, and then as things become desperate realize that, in a way, he was right. Except the sacrifice that needed to be made was not inherently selfish, like starting the Desolation for glory. The sacrifice that needed to be made was giving himself up to become that enemy. To not become a praised hero, but a despised villain.

I believe Dalinar will submit himself to the Odium completely and become enthralled by the Thrill. He will renounce his human names and become solely known as the Blackthorn. The world will fear him, and become united in his struggles to fight him. Brandon has even stated that Dalinar is among the most powerful men in the world, and that was before he became a Bondsmith. All of his experience in war has crafted him into a fearsome general, one who's talents are muted by his age and morality. I can't think of any character who could do a better job than Dalinar when it comes to serving Odium, let alone challenge the rest of the world.

Plus, just think about how that would impact everyone else. Adolin, Renarin, Elhokar, Kaladin, Navani? Bridge Four? The Kholin Army? The other Highprinces? His "betrayal" would have such a profound effect on so many characters, and it would undeniably make a beautiful story. Especially with how much Adolin longed to see the Blackthorn in action since the beginning of tWoK.

My guess? This will be the SA5 conclusion, so Dalinar's got plenty of time to build up the Knights Radiant and train some people, like Kaladin and his children, to take the reigns when he turns (remember how ready he was to give up his title of Highprince to Adolin?). I'm sure he'll have plenty of attempts to reach out to other nations fail, too, as they did when he warned them of the Everstorm, which would push him towards this decision. I think it fits in line with his character (if enough bad happens from this point, onward) and is so beautifully tragic, I almost would be disappointed if things went another route (although I'll love Brandon no matter what he writes).

Thoughts?

Edited by Amanuensis

Spoiler
On 8/31/2017 at 6:54 AM, Amanuensis said:

I am relatively confident that Honor isn't known for having good foresight, so those eyes belonging to someone that Dalinar specifically knows is off-the-table. That being said, I believe that it's Brandon foreshadowing the Champion, still. I've been meaning to create my own thread for this, probably after I conduct my pre-OB rereads of WoK and WoR so I can gather more evidence, but my current theory is that Dalinar - or, more specifically, the Blackthorn - will be Odium's Champion. Here's why.

From the back cover of Tor's The Way of Kings:

This has been talked about by a lot of different people. I, personally, am interpreting the 'one who will destroy us' as Odium's Champion. That means the candidates are Kaladin, Szeth, Shallan and Dalinar.

Personally I'm ruling out Szeth because he starts off the first book as a villain. Pretty much everyone hates the guy already. For him to become the Champion of Odium, especially after recent events, would have the least impact on the narrative, both regarding the plot and the characters. I am pretty confident that Szeth's character arc is going to involve redeeming himself and fighting alongside the Radiants. He's also my greatest candidate for the ultimate hero, given 'one may redeem us' (he does this along the way of redeeming himself) and that he's the new wielder of Nightblood, who is probably one of the most interesting / powerful tools Roshar has to use against Odium.

I'm also ruling Shallan out because, ultimately, I don't feel it's her. Besides her interactions with Pattern at the end of WoR, I can't recall her ever using the word hate, or really expressing that emotion, except maybe towards herself? The only thing that I think may be foreshadowing towards her becoming the Champion is Pattern's insistence that she will kill him. Could be Brandon hinting at her betraying her oaths to join Odium but... I dunno. Like I said, I just don't feel it.

For the longest time, Kaladin was who I thought it was going to be. Hatred is so prevalent in his character and he's got a long history of regression and failures. I thought that something was going to happen that pushes him overboard. Maybe something that makes him realize not only light eyes are terrible, but all people are, like a betrayal of someone who he really trusts. I liked the idea of Szeth and Kaladin fighting one more time, perhaps in the Everstorm, and this time Szeth proving victorious / the hero. I also liked the idea of seeing how Bridge Four deals with Kaladins becoming evil. That being said, Kaladin is a character that inspires so much hope in people that I don't think Brandon will ultimately take this route. Even if an Anakin Skywalker type storyline might be interesting (if done correctly), it doesn't really match the overall themes of this book: which brings me to Dalinar.

There's a lot of different ways these words can be interpreted, but no matter which way you do, it's extremely clear how important they are to SA's theme. You see it especially in characters like Gavilar and Taravangian, the first who is willing to bring back the Parshendi's Old Gods to start the apocalypse again in order to unify Alethkar, and Taravangian who is willing to euthanize thousands of ill and injured to gather intel and also send a powerful assassin after the governmental leaders of many nations, just so he can manipulate events.

A lot of people have mixed feelings about these two and what they're doing, both in world and via the readers. It all boils down to journey before destination: what horrible things need to be done to save the world. I think Dalinar is going to be reaching this same question soon and have to make a decision. And I think I can predict what his decision will be.

From tWoK Chapter 75.

Honor himself has informed Dalinar that mankind's best chance is getting Odium to choose a champion. What better way to do that is to directly offer oneself? Especially when your one most important mission is to...

Gavilar had reached the same conclusion, not long ago. He might have been the one to start things off, but as the Diagram says, the Desolation was coming anyway. All he did was accelerate it. I believe Dalinar will find out what his brother was doing, probably hate him for a while because of it, and then as things become desperate realize that, in a way, he was right. Except the sacrifice that needed to be made was not inherently selfish, like starting the Desolation for glory. The sacrifice that needed to be made was giving himself up to become that enemy. To not become a praised hero, but a despised villain.

I believe Dalinar will submit himself to the Odium completely and become enthralled by the Thrill. He will renounce his human names and become solely known as the Blackthorn. The world will fear him, and become united in his struggles to fight him. Brandon has even stated that Dalinar is among the most powerful men in the world, and that was before he became a Bondsmith. All of his experience in war has crafted him into a fearsome general, one who's talents are muted by his age and morality. I can't think of any character who could do a better job than Dalinar when it comes to serving Odium, let alone challenge the rest of the world.

Plus, just think about how that would impact everyone else. Adolin, Renarin, Elhokar, Kaladin, Navani? Bridge Four? The Kholin Army? The other Highprinces? His "betrayal" would have such a profound effect on so many characters, and it would undeniably make a beautiful story. Especially with how much Adolin longed to see the Blackthorn in action since the beginning of tWoK.

My guess? This will be the SA5 conclusion, so Dalinar's got plenty of time to build up the Knights Radiant and train some people, like Kaladin and his children, to take the reigns when he turns (remember how ready he was to give up his title of Highprince to Adolin?). I'm sure he'll have plenty of attempts to reach out to other nations fail, too, as they did when he warned them of the Everstorm, which would push him towards this decision. I think it fits in line with his character (if enough bad happens from this point, onward) and is so beautifully tragic, I almost would be disappointed if things went another route (although I'll love Brandon no matter what he writes).

Thoughts?

The post is so long I had to Spoiler it so it doesn't crowd up everything 

I didn't even read the back of the book thing for way of Kings. I never knew that was said

I really like this idea that Dalinar is the Champion. It fits in really well especially since we just saw his past and how consumed by the thrill he became. Also, 

I agree that Shallan just doesn't fit as the champion. She doesn't seem the type to hate. She just represses. She never even hated her father (that I can remember) and he did terrible things to her life. Although, the whole image with the red eyes could just be one of her lightweavings. 

Szeth being the hero would make sense, but he does have an orb of odiumlight (black stormlight?) and that could possibly mean something. But I doubt it since Nightblood would not bond with someone who is evil. 

Kaladin is consumed by hate but again he seems to be starting to change, since he is realizing some lighteyes are honorable. (However if Dalinar does turn, the impact on him will be incredible) 

Guest Edonidd

I can't buy Dalinar as the big bad of the series.  I agree that it would be incredibly interesting from a story telling standpoint, with nearly every character having some relationship with him.  We would get to explore that "betrayal" from so many angles, just like BS is doing with Gavilars murder.

But he's got an interesting relationship with everyone because he's the single lynchpin holding the story together.  To make the plot twist work you have to throw away too many seemingly important details.  For instance the Ryshadium only choosing about a dozen men throughout the entire war camp (who imo will all turn out to be Radiants at some point, or at least possible proto-radiants.)  Stormfather bonded him, Bondsmiths supposedly have some cool special abilities and BS has said that's who he would want to be.  This would be removing not only a radiant but one of the only possible Bondsmiths.  Could possibly kill or at least incapacitate the Stormfather, which would be bad news for a whole human army powered by Stormlight.  Syl the honorspren likes him and trusts him almost instantly.  The Stormfather was attracted to him in the first place and sent him visions.  Above all else, Hoid seems to like/trust him the most.

It would be a fun plot twist, but there's just too many reasons that it wouldn't work without making all the good guys look like a bunch of bumblestorms.

4 hours ago, Edonidd said:

I can't buy Dalinar as the big bad of the series.  I agree that it would be incredibly interesting from a story telling standpoint, with nearly every character having some relationship with him.  We would get to explore that "betrayal" from so many angles, just like BS is doing with Gavilars murder.

But he's got an interesting relationship with everyone because he's the single lynchpin holding the story together.  To make the plot twist work you have to throw away too many seemingly important details.  For instance the Ryshadium only choosing about a dozen men throughout the entire war camp (who imo will all turn out to be Radiants at some point, or at least possible proto-radiants.)  Stormfather bonded him, Bondsmiths supposedly have some cool special abilities and BS has said that's who he would want to be.  This would be removing not only a radiant but one of the only possible Bondsmiths.  Could possibly kill or at least incapacitate the Stormfather, which would be bad news for a whole human army powered by Stormlight.  Syl the honorspren likes him and trusts him almost instantly.  The Stormfather was attracted to him in the first place and sent him visions.  Above all else, Hoid seems to like/trust him the most.

It would be a fun plot twist, but there's just too many reasons that it wouldn't work without making all the good guys look like a bunch of bumblestorms.

One thing to keep in mind is we have 8 books left in the series. Things got to keep escalating, especially considering the (10 year?) gap between SA5 and SA6. In the next three books Dalinar has plenty of time to show off the powers of the Bondsmiths and establish the Knights Radiant so that he no longer needs to be the lynch pin to hold it together. Any organization that relies on a single individual to remain firm against any foe is bound to lose, in my opinion, so honestly I either expect Dalinar to die or to become the Blackthorn at one point or another.

As for the Ryshadium choosing him and the Stormfather bonding him, I wouldn't put too much stock into either of those. If Dalinar were to submit himself to Odium, it wouldn't be for any reason because it's necessary. If anything I would say a character sacrificing control over themselves and destroying their relationships and reputation in order to give humanity a chance at surviving is more honorable than fighting a battle you can't win otherwise. As for the Stormfather, he was also bonding Gavilar, before, who wasn't exactly a virtuous individual. Not to mention that people change, especially in desperate situations.

Regarding the Stormfather being crippled, I've considered that as well, but since it's likely he's survived bonding other men in the past, I doubt there'd be any permanent effect. Plus there's still two other Bondsmiths bound to show up with their own superspren. A lot of people suspect Taravangian is on his way to becoming one with the Nightwatcher.

My point is, I wouldn't rule it out. I do quite like the Taln theory, but personally I think it'll either be Dalinar or Kaladin.

In the end, though, I'm certain it will be Thrilling to read no matter where Brandon takes the story.

Edited by Amanuensis

Guest Edonidd

Obviously he could write it any way, i just can't see it.  If you want a more plausible character that has relationships with nearly everybody that we can explore, how about the King himself?  

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Chapter One - Dalinar's Vison
  • Chaos locked this topic