I'm really scared...

Tesh

The biggest issue I foresee is that movie production will overtake book production. Particularly with Stormlight. It's become apparent that Brandon can not write those fast enough, he actually has what would be considered a more normal writing pace with respect to Stormlight. 

Theoretically, they can adapt the first 5 Stormlight and then do the Mistborn movies, and that might be enough time to not make a movie on stuff to come.

As far as making Stormlight first, that makes some sense. You want to appeal with a blockbuster storyline: so that's either Mistborn or Stormlight. Starting with Mistborn has one issue: it has a "Dark Lord". That means people who don't know better will start making comparisons to Lord of the Rings, which makes convincing people to give it a chance a bit more difficult. Stormlight has a more "original" vibe that can draw people in. Once they are brought onboard, a Mistborn movie will have a much better chance.

If they do Mistborn, they would still probably want two or three movies per book.

And with Stormlight, to make it acceptable, they would probably want to do a couple movies per book... Ahhhh, that'll be an adventure.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:32 PM, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

The biggest issue I foresee is that movie production will overtake book production. Particularly with Stormlight. It's become apparent that Brandon can not write those fast enough, he actually has what would be considered a more normal writing pace with respect to Stormlight. 

Theoretically, they can adapt the first 5 Stormlight and then do the Mistborn movies, and that might be enough time to not make a movie on stuff to come.

As far as making Stormlight first, that makes some sense. You want to appeal with a blockbuster storyline: so that's either Mistborn or Stormlight. Starting with Mistborn has one issue: it has a "Dark Lord". That means people who don't know better will start making comparisons to Lord of the Rings, which makes convincing people to give it a chance a bit more difficult. Stormlight has a more "original" vibe that can draw people in. Once they are brought onboard, a Mistborn movie will have a much better chance.

This is my biggest concern. It's totally selfish, but if he gets tied up in the screenplays, it could take time away from his writing new books. I'd rather get more books from him than see movies. I just want to know what happens and want to find out more about the Cosmere. I (selfishly) don't want anything that could delay this. He needs to live his own life, and we can only expect him to devote so much time to working. If he gets into movies and screenplays, it leaves less time for writing new books, which would be very sad.

Edited by HoidIsMyHomeboy

• 1 month later...

They shouldn't be adapting Way of Kings first.  The Final Empire should be the first movie they adapt, because it is a completed story that *can* stand on its own.  I also really don't want the Stormlight movies catching up with the books too soon.  However, I would give thousands of spheres to see the... 

WOR Spoilers

Spoiler

Kaladin vs. Szeth fight at the end of WOR.  It's possibly my favorite fight in a story ever and IF they were to ever get it right, it would absolutely incredible onscreen.

1 hour ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

They shouldn't be adapting Way of Kings first.  The Final Empire should be the first movie they adapt, because it is a completed story that *can* stand on its own.  I also really don't want the Stormlight movies catching up with the books too soon.  However, I would give thousands of spheres to see the... 

WOR Spoilers

Hide contents

Kaladin vs. Szeth fight at the end of WOR.  It's possibly my favorite fight in a story ever and IF they were to ever get it right, it would absolutely incredible onscreen.

I agree with all of that.

• Chaos locked this topic