[OB] Oathbringer Chapter 1-3

Steeldancer

11 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Don't we know all Shards have a number? 10 for Honor, 9 for Odium, 16 for Preservation, 5 for Endowment. Could be 8 is Cultivation. Honor+Cultivation does have a certain simplicity for KR headquarters. 

I'm gonna say no. We know that not all of them have opposites like R&P, we know some colors and numbers are important, but IIRC that entry was from a cosmere standpoint more than "important to some Shards" We don't have anything more specific than those though.

2 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

1000 meters being symbolic doesn't work because Roshar doesn't have meters. not every number can be rooted in symbolism

Then it could be 1000 of whatever equivalent metric they use. It's the idea that counts.

3 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

anyway, urithiru has 100 levels, so there's that for powers of 10.

??

Urithiru, a strikingly high structure built up against the mountains. Created from a sequence of  ten ringlike tiers—each containing eighteen levels—the tower city  was adorned with aqueducts, windows, and balconies like this one.

The bottom floor also had wide sections jutting out at the perimeter: large stone surfaces, each a plateau in its own right. 

For the people who like foreshadowing... this is a quote from WoR

“That will come,” Dalinar said. “I still wonder if I should have announced it all at once. When you’ve got an arrow stuck in you, it’s sometimes best to just yank it out in one pull.”

[Kaladin]
Actually, when you had an arrow in you, the best thing to do was leave it there until you could find a surgeon. Often it would plug the blood flow and keep you alive. It was probably best not to speak up and undermine the highprince’s metaphor, however.”

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Oathbringer Chapter 1-3
  • Chaos locked this topic