Wish Me Luck: For Sharders beginning something new

Jondesu

I'm hoping this can end up just being a nice thread of well-wishing, similar to the Good News and Bad News threads, but with a slightly different purpose: If you're about to try something new or that you're nervous about, just post here and get well-wishes from everyone!

To start, I'm trying a new fashion choice (a colored undershirt under an open button-down shirt) without consulting my wife or my sisters, on stage, in front of my entire church, in just a couple hours. :wacko: 

50 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

To start, I'm trying a new fashion choice (a colored undershirt under an open button-down shirt) without consulting my wife or my sisters, on stage, in front of my entire church, in just a couple hours. :wacko: 

Good luck! I think it sounds fine.

No one commented on it, which I’m taking as a good sign (my sister would not have hesitated to say anything if it looked bad). I feel pretty good about it, and also about my miniature solo I got to sing.

Who’s next?!

You've got it easy, with fashion choices n stuff.

I have to figure out how I'll actually propose to my girlfriend.

Granted this is gonna happen in the next month or so, but still, kinda worried I'll make a fool out of myself.

Edited by Eternum
Posted on accident, phone isn't working really well.. Might as well make it a post while I'm at it.

@Eternum do you have the ring selected? You want to do it in private or in some interesting place? Don't worry, you won't make a fool of yourself, unless you'll lose the ring or something like that :P Remember that it's not the surroundings that make this moment special :) 

@Eternum Best of luck! In my culture its usually just a formality. Usually after dating for awhile you both have a talk about where the relationship is going and if you both want marriage, which is usually the case, approximately how long the courtship will last. I can't imagine going into a proposal thinking that there is a possibility they will say "no"! Hope it all works out!

7 hours ago, Extesian said:

That's great Eternum :) my gf bugs me all the time to propose, which I'll do in the perfect place (Great Barrier Reef), it's in 6 months and I'm STILL nervous af. Good luck man!

You'll do it underwater? :P

2 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Wow, tell us more :D and don't let any fish eat the ring :P

Ha that's it! I'm not much of a planner :D But a week on the reef, on an island, and with us both being divers - seems like both the sensible time and the sensible way, right ;)

We're only going there 6 months from now, hence that's the extent of my planning. I'll be sure to update you in 6 months though, including a verbatim of the many Cosmere references I'll proudly use and she won't understand. 

Im starting to share a room again with my brother. 

It's not fun. I'm losing my big bed, my space to put all my nerd stuff, and my book space... and my alone space. I like being alone. And my brother is stinky. (Actually stinky). 

We're doing it to make things during the school year easier to manage... 

Doesn't make it any more fun. 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Im starting to share a room again with my brother. 

It's not fun. I'm losing my big bed, my space to put all my nerd stuff, and my book space... and my alone space. I like being alone. And my brother is stinky. (Actually stinky). 

We're doing it to make things during the school year easier to manage... 

Doesn't make it any more fun. 

Sorry. I shared a room almost up until college, so I know what you’re talking about, and I like alone time too (a lot). Good luck!

I am going to an introductory bellydance class on Wednesday. This will either start me on a new hobby that will help me work towards a stronger core and better body image or I will flail around like a buffoon and slink off in humiliation.

It's a toss-up, really.