The Lord Ruler and Allomancy

Pangolin

Maybe I am forgetting something but the LR gives 9 lesarium beads to his friends. However His friends as stated by Alendi are also Terris Packman who are also feurchemists. Why would TLR go to such great lengths to kill his people if he grants 9 of them allomancy. 

32 minutes ago, Extesian said:

He actually turned his friends into kandra and made non-terrismen into mistborn. It's in the annotations I'll dig it up when i get the chance

It's also in the Hero Of Ages. Sazed realized that when TenSoon visits.

HoA page 563

"They live on?" Sazed asked, stepping forward. "The Lord Ruler's companions? The very Terrismen who climbed to the Well with him?" "We call them the First Generation," TenSoon said. "The founders of the Kandra people. The Father transformed every living feruchemist into a mistwraith, beginning that race. His good friends, however, he returned to sentience with a few Hemalurgic spikes."

On 8/24/2017 at 9:14 PM, Pangolin said:

Why would TLR go to such great lengths to kill his people if he grants 9 of them Allomancy. 

Vin wonders the same thing as you, either in the TFE Epilogue or in Book 2. She realizes that the people he gave the beads to can't have been Feruchemists, since they would have been able to do the same stuff that he could.

For completeness: The original 9 Mistborn were foreign kings that supported him when he took over the world and built the Final Empire. He gave them the beads as a gift, and if I recall right, they founded the Great Houses too(since TLR became the only King, they got demoted). No clue if the original Great Houses match the current 9 Great Houses in Book 1, but they might. They had the most time to get set up and acquire wealth/influence, so it stands to reason that several of them were Great Houses for the full life of the Empire.

• Chaos locked this topic