Hemalurgic Beaver

Toaster Retribution

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Food for thought what would happen if you spiked a woodpecker with feruchemical steel?

Question: How much wood could a feruchemical-steel-spiked woodchuck chuck if a feruchemical-steel-spiked woodchuck could chuck wood? :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Silva said:

Question: How much wood could a feruchemical-steel-spiked woodchuck chuck if a feruchemical-steel-spiked woodchuck could chuck wood? :ph34r:

On average the same amount.  Feruchemy is end neutral so you will not actually gain any time.  As to that.

https://mylandplan.org/content/how-much-wood-would-woodchuck-chuck-if-woodchuck-could-chuck-wood

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 7:49 AM, AbsentKeeper said:

I would think that you could, and that they would be able to instinctively use thier abilities to use basic Allomancy and Feruchemy, but I doubt you could teach the beaver to compound, unless maybe you supplied it with a pre-filled zinc mind, and then explained before it was tapped out.

But then you have problems like where the beaver is going to get metals, whether it would have any inclination to rule, and how to handle the massive deforestation caused by a hungry beaver compounding zinc and steel.

Also, you would have to spend years systematically murdering beavers in the hopes of discovering their Hemalurgic bindpoints.

Ehhhh , zinc basically increases speed of thought. 

It doesn't actually grant sapience or intelligence. Not the kind that understands abstract concepts like Dominion , compounding , etc .

Anyway if u managed to spike a beaver with so many spikes I'm sure it will turn into some wierd or magnificent construct . So maybe yeah , maybe it will get Intelligence that way.

Also can we use hemalurgy across species ?

I know you could use it to steal gemhearts and Forms from Parshendi but the Parshendi seem to be a rather special case. 

There souls/cognition are very similar to humans and adonalsium might have made them as a facsimile of humanity. 

I don't know if the beavers soul would accept human spikes. 

There's also the fact that hemalurgy seemingly works on only sentiant or formerly sentiant species. 

Like if animals could be spiked , I'm sure Tlr would have had no qualms about spiking horses to steal thier strength and grant it to the Koloss or grant the horses A-pewter or F-steel. 

It might work on rhysidium tho. 

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

• 3 months later...