On 26.08.2017 at 11:39 PM, Arinian said:

I'm signing up as Fess.

I'm voted for 72 h cycles.

Rule: "No one can roleclaim(not applies to alignment(neutrals can't claim even alignment)(Not even hints about role)(No, you can't say your actions). You can't claim role nowhere nor in thread nor in PM nor in doc. Really nowhere, even elims don't know each others roles and can't claim(GMs can change this part if they decide that this hurts elims too much). If you somehow forgot and roleclaimed to someone then you instantly die and your items would be randomly given to people who have PM with you. Oh sorry almost forgot, you can reveal roles(alignments) of other people if you some kind of scan role, or you just can lie about someone's role(not yours role) if you want. After someone else said your role you can answer to them "No" or "Yes"(of course you can lie(if elims doing roleclaim like that(I mean they asking something like "Your role is extra life?" and other elim in doc answers "Yes" or "No") they lose ability to kill for 1 cycle for each person who claimed(Part with elims can be changed on "Someone who claimed can't use  abilities(can't use even faction kill, passive extra lifes also don't work) or items for 1 cycle"))."

This rule looks really horrible and should be vetoed, or changed on "everyone can claim roles only in rhymes(no less then 150 words)." :P

Or I just can create other rule...

Can I create roles instead of rules? :huh:

I'm decided to change my rule, previous one it's too boring.

So... my rule will be role.

Blood Mage

Win condition: Kill everyone.(If we will have some immortal roles or invulnerable to night kill they not counted for Blood Mage's win condition)

Blood mage will have unusual action system some actions will require normal action points(Shortly NAP, sounds nice :D) and other abilities will require Vials of Blood.

Also I think I should clarify that all abilities except vote manipulations is night actions(If no other is said)!

Passive abilities:

Power within: You have +1 extra life. (I wrote +1 cause I saw that there somewhere was rule that everyone have 2 lives, so if everyone will have 2 lives blood mage will have 3 lives).

Executioner's price: by participating in successful lynch you gaining 0,5 vial of blood.(By successful lynch meant that you voted for player and he\she was lynched, even if player have extra lifes and survived lynch you gaining vial).

Even I have my limits: Can't use in one cycle two abilities(items) with similar effects. (I think I should clarify this one. Blood mage can't use two kills(with some exceptions), vote manips, etc in one cycle, even if it's different actions or even if you have item which can be used with similar effect to your abilities.)(Edited. Maybe would be wise to allow use items and abilities with similar effect in one turn, leaving it to GMs)

Normal abilities.(Actions that require normal action points(which in normal games for normal roles used for abilities or item use)).

Blood Mage have only one NAP(!) each turn and number of NAPs can't be increased by no other rules(not even by writing in ketek :P) or items or etc.(Edited. Looked throug rules and I think maybe part about that number of actions can't be increased should be revised cause we have really many items, but leaving it to GMs to decide. Also it will help to avoid conflicts with other rules(one with keteks))

Spoiler

On the hunt: Countless orders of templars, servants of Silent God, magicians of the Sunken Tower and many others hunting for Blood Mages. But they were never clever enough to understand that you are a hunter and they are prey.

Blood Mage gains chance to get additional blood vials on this turn. 50 % - to gain 0,5 vial; 30 % - 1 vial; 20 % - 1,5 vial; 10 % - 2 vials.(This ability can't be used on the same turn when you used any blood ability(!)(Can be used on same turn only with bloody feathers))(percents maybe  need to be revised)

Ability cost: 1 NAP.

Blood ravens: War... war never ended on the endless plains of Jaerak. Gold, silver and diamonds mined on this plains always attracted people greedy to power.  Last time this plains attracted countless rulers of small kingdoms-rests of once great Ioran Empire, United East Tribes also casted their views on these lands in search of profit. Corrupted War - as now it called - lasted for more then hundred years. Only one who gained profit from this war, were ravens now they  are rulers of Blood Swamps which once was known as plains of Jaerak.

Gains 40 % - to summon blood raven20 % - to summon 2 blood ravens.

Self-sacrifice: Spill the blood, show your true power to this fools!

You sacrificing 1 extra life to gain additional kill for this turn.(This kill not consumes vials or NAPs and can't be increased in power by using bigger number of vials as Dismember). Or gain 4 vials of blood(If you want to gain vials you can use this ability on Day turn)(number of vials maybe need to be revised). 

Blood abilities:(actions wich for use need only vials of blood). Blood Mage starts game with 1 Vial of Blood.

Spoiler

Dismember: Even the strongest warriors can't fight against Blood Mage which fell in rage. This ability have  levels of power.

First level: cost - 1 vial of blood; Simple kill action on targeted player. 

Second level: cost - 4 vials of blood; Unprotectable kill. Goes through all kind of protections.

Third level: cost - 7 vials of blood; Goes through all kind of protection and kills player if player have less then 3 lives.

If your target dies gain 1 vial of blood.(Not sure if it's balanced enough probably should be changed on 0,5 vial of blood, made it counting on that everyone is have 2 lives from start of the game).

Bloody feathers:(If here will be Day actions then should be changed from only  Night action on Day\Night action) It is difficult to train creatures that trying to tear you to pieces. But Blood Mages found  right approach, to their own surprise they found that ravens love bargains. Right payment all what you need.  

You start game with 3 blood ravens. Ability have  levels of power.(Ravens is also consumable... I think it obvious... but just in case... :D)    

First level: cost - 1 vial of blood and 1 raven; Target player you will know whom he targeted and with which ability or item. 

Second level: cost - 1 vial of blood, 2 ravens; Blocks all players actions.

Third level: cost - 3 vials of blood, 3 ravens; Redirect all negative actions from you on targeted player and all positive actions from targeted player on you.

Faceshift:(If here will be Day scan abilities then should be changed from only  Night action on Day\Night action) Are you sure that your eyes not lying to you?

First level: cost - 0,5 vial of blood; All scan abilities targeted on you will fail. 

Second level: cost - 1,5 vials of blood; Change your appearence(on anything you want) for scan abilities(action scans will see that you didn't take actions). Or you can target someone and change their appearence for scans.

Mind Fade: Your mind will fail you... no escape from your fate...

First level: cost - 1 vial of blood; Vote redirection. 

Second level: cost - 2 vials of blood; Redirect one vote and remove other one.

(Edited. Looked other rules and I've seen many kills probably needs to add some ability for extra lifes, leaving it for GMs to decide)

Curse

Boiling Blood: Target player for 2 cycles he\she can't take any actions except kill actions. If cursed player not attacked someone in this 2 cycles he\she will be attacked by simple kill action.

Cost - 3 vials of blood.

This curse can be used 3 times in game.(New Blood Mage will have 2 charges of this ability)

Blessed and Possessed: Targeted player gains extra life and have 35% chance to attack every player whom target PMed on last cycle.(I don't know probably that should be deleted *shrug*)

Cost - 4,5 vials of blood.

One use curse.(If previous Blood Mage used that, New Blood Mage can't)

Soul transfer:(Night\Day action) Target player. If original Blood Mage dies targeted player turns into New Blood Mage(New Blood Mage will have 1 vial of blood and 1 raven and only one life(without extra lifes, no matter what he\she have before)). Player targeted by that curse don't know about it.

Cost - 7 vials of blood.(Maybe should be changed on 8 or 9 vials)

One use curse.(New Blood Mage don't have this ability after he\she was converted)

Despicable: Only for New Blood Mage(!) Sacrifice 3 ravens, you gain extra life.

One use ability. Also after use of that ability you can't use Bloody feathers anymore.

I don't know... maybe that role too powerful or too weak(I'm leaning weak or normal *shrug*, cause I had put enough limits and vials of blood is not endless and you should choose wisely what to use) for this win condition(only thing that looks really powerful to me it's Soul Transfer... for obvious reasons).

Mehh... anyway I'm not very good in balancing things so now it's GM's headache.

Edited something. Also costs on abilities maybe should be changed... but mehh... what ever... I'm bad in balancing.

Edited by Arinian

On 8/23/2017 at 6:52 AM, Jondesu said:

“There will be a unique role of the Gunsmith, who will start the game with 5 guns. Each night, they may give one gun each to any players they choose, up to the maximum of 5 handed out, and they may instead choose to keep one of those for themselves.

Those guns can be used by the players they have been given to at any time. This includes during the middle of the discussion during the day. To use the gun, they should simply post a message in bold saying “I am shooting [player name].” The player who has been shot will die immediately unless they have some form of protection, and must immediately stop posting in the thread and responding to PMs. Any player who claims to use a gun but was not given on will die immediately instead.”

I realized I didn’t give the Gunsmith a win con, so if it isn’t considered adding a rule inside my rule, the Gunsmith’s win con will be to have all guns passed out and used, without the Gunsmith dying (they may win if they die after all guns have been fired). Those who are given the guns do not know the identity of the Gunsmith. If the Gunsmith is part of a faction, they also must complete any shared win cons.

Concerning the Blood Mage, of it is not vetoed, if the rule switch happens, the Mage's win con changes to "keep all of the remaining players alive" and all kill abilities become protect abilities. Due to the complexity of the role, I don't want to mess with any of the other mechanics.

21 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I realized I didn’t give the Gunsmith a win con, so if it isn’t considered adding a rule inside my rule, the Gunsmith’s win con will be to have all guns passed out and used, without the Gunsmith dying (they may win if they die after all guns have been fired). Those who are given the guns do not know the identity of the Gunsmith. If the Gunsmith is part of a faction, they also must complete any shared win cons.

Wow I missed your rule, looks like interesting role(thought about making something similar).

17 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Concerning the Blood Mage, of it is not vetoed, if the rule switch happens, the Mage's win con changes to "keep all of the remaining players alive" and all kill abilities become protect abilities. Due to the complexity of the role, I don't want to mess with any of the other mechanics.

And how his Self-sacrifice will work? Give him extra life :huh: or extra life for vials? Huh... and what if someone would die on this turn... blood mage would instantly lose? Interesting what GMs would do with that :D

@Arinian Your Blood Mage role is super complicated and kind of makes my head hurt so I'm gonna veto it.  For what it's worth, your rule about roleclaiming is way more interesting than you give it credit for.

@Lemonelon Just so you know, there isn't yet a limit on the actions you can take at any given time, so your rule wouldn't do anything (which is a shame since it's really cool)

@Darkness Ascendant I've just removed the Baker bit

@Drake Marshall @Grumpy Dula You still don't have character names

@DroughtBringer @Bartimaeus You still don't have rules.

And there's now less than 24 hours left to get all your rules and amendments in (if you haven't got a character name I'll let you get one though), so get to work!

Everyone excited?

20 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

@Arinian Your Blood Mage role is super complicated and kind of makes my head hurt so I'm gonna veto it.  For what it's worth, your rule about roleclaiming is way more interesting than you give it credit for.

Not much more complicated then Aonar's rule with elements which I'm sure will give you no less headache. But if you want you can keep rule with roleclaim restrictions(just look on it more closely... I'm think there might be some sneaks to avoid this rule). Also not sure how my rule with roleclaim restrictions should work... should it instantly kill through all protections and extra lives? Or just simple unblockable attack on player? Or even blockable attack on player? I honestly thought about it as unblockable attack(so people if they really want to roleclaim they would be able to do that but in exchange they will lose extra life)... but leaving for you to decide how it should work.

Also I'm very excited :P

Edited by Arinian

Right here's a new rule. It's kinda random and I don't know if this one makes sense or not. If you don't like it, I'll revert back to the original rule. 

There are is a side ability called the Potato Master that will be given to 2/3 players.  This allows you to anonymously gift a potato to someone each cycle without taking up any actions (if there is a limit). This potato may be rawbaked, or mashed randomly decided by the GM. 

If the potato you gifted was a Raw potato, you will have hit them on the head (accidentally or no) and role blocked them for a cycle.

If the potato you gifted was a Baked Potato, it will feed them an extra role blocking action to use once

If the potato you gifted was a Mashed Potato, they will be granted a role-scan action to use once.

Also, I'll change my name to Jaeger. That's better than Blade, at least

Edited by Sami

3 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

@Lemonelon Just so you know, there isn't yet a limit on the actions you can take at any given time, so your rule wouldn't do anything (which is a shame since it's really cool)

And there's now less than 24 hours left to get all your rules and amendments in (if you haven't got a character name I'll let you get one though), so get to work!

Everyone excited?

B- but I did make a name... :(

Also I'm very excited.

This game is going to be absolutely insane, but that's just as it should be.

Ok well given that there is now a serial killer role (Arinians Blood Mage) my rule cannot coexist with it. Since we have roles we should probably have some sort of rule about using actions.  Then my new rule will be:

Every cycle each player can make as many actions as game related (RP, or analysis) posts divided by 2  that they posted the previous cycle. Having placed a vote that remained till the end of the cycle also gives an extra action. One action must be left unused for resting every second cycle or the player dies of exhaustion (if a player PMs the GM about a legitimate reason for inactivity this can be waived at the GMs discretion). In the first cycle each player gets two possible actions since we have there is no previous cycle on which to base post count.

Alrighty, new rule:

Everybody starts the game with 5 infused spheres. Each action taken drains 1 sphere. Spheres can be infused during a high storm which comes every night. You can trade your spheres for other items and it is possible to steal them from other players who have left theirs out during a high storm.

@AliasSheep 5 might be too many actions, I think this should be changed to 3?

Sorry for all the Stormlight themed rules- I just can't wait for Oathbringer :)

Edited by Lemonelon

Alrighty finally signing up! (I mean, the queen of last minute voting and actions has to also sign up at the last minute. xD)

Considering that this game has several family rules already, but no real reason for the members of said family to actually care about each other, I've decided to suggest a rule that might help thematically. :P

Family Ties: 

You may not take any kill actions or vote (for the kill lynch) on a member of your family. (This applies to Spouse, Kids, and any spouse of a child and grandkids that may become part of your family throughout the game, but does not include the in-law child's parents or any other relations)

If you forget, and DO attempt to put in a kill order on one of these people or vote on them than you will be role blocked for the next cycle. (The kill/vote will not be counted)

Signing up as Bri :)

12 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Everyone excited?

@AliasSheep I've not seen any reply to my role clarification so I'm just checking that you've read it. 

Edited by Bort

4 hours ago, Clanky said:

Ok well given that there is now a serial killer role (Arinians Blood Mage) my rule cannot coexist with it. Since we have roles we should probably have some sort of rule about using actions.  Then my new rule will be:

Every cycle each player can make as many actions as game related (RP, or analysis) posts divided by 2  that they posted the previous cycle. Having placed a vote that remained till the end of the cycle also gives an extra action. One action must be left unused for resting every second cycle or the player dies of exhaustion (if a player PMs the GM about a legitimate reason for inactivity this can be waived at the GMs discretion). In the first cycle each player gets two possible actions since we have there is no previous cycle on which to base post count.

My role was vetoed...

Revising my Rule a bit;  Just clarifying some things, maybe adding somethings, choosing which of the two permutations I want for how items are made.

There is a faction known as the WorldSmiths since why not, who have a doc, and a win-con, which is to have collectively the most items at the end of the game, and a faction ability, which is the ability to kill a person and create an item with an aspect of that persons role as it's ability every other night cycle, which goes to the player who used the faction kill that night.  Items can be given away.  The WorldSmiths will comprise approximately 1/5th of the players.  Non-WorldSmiths can't win with the WorldSmiths.

How Items Work;  A normal role'd players death will generate an item that has one of the players normal abilities;  A vote, A Life, Access to a Faction Doc, ETC, with the specific items power being determined by RNG.  A person with multiple Roles, or a Role with multiple abilities, will generate a single item with one of their abilities, with the specific items power being determined by RNG.  Item Names/Flavor, can be determined by the Player, or if the GM's are feeling good about some flavor for an item, they can do it instead. :P I feel like it would be cool if the items names had something to do with what they did or the role they stole from, but also player-inspired item flavor will probably end up being cooler than whatever I'd think up.

Flavor (This could be included in PM's, but whatever the GM's have time for.);  At the Dawn of Time, those who found themselves floating in the midst of all that now was, looked, and saw a vast void, filled with raw material.  In this void they would seek to fill it, taking the raw components available and forging them into powerful devices, creatures, and even worlds.  These few would become known as the WorldSmiths, and their secrets would be passed down from Generation to Generation.  You are one of them.

Doc Name; Celestial Abode.  (A Fancy Font for this would be nice. :P)

Doc Flavor;  In the beginning, when the Cosmere was first formed, and all things were new, a vast, celestial palace was formed for the meeting of the minds of the WorldSmiths.  Here, great ideas would be shared, great deeds prepared, and marvelous inventions forged from the souls of men...

@AliasSheep, if the flavor is too much, ignore it. :P And, just to clarify, is my Rule ok?  Are there problems with it, things I need to change?  Is it clear what I'm trying to have happen?  Is not letting other non-Worldsmiths win with the Worldsmiths too much?

And yes, I'm super excited about this game and everything that is happening here.

It's going to be a very interesting game.

Edited by Magestar
Super Excited.

Eh, I'll sign up for this. I can't not, seeing how amusing this game is bound to be...

Just a note: I probably won't be very active until Friday, due to RL stuff.

My rule:

There is a role of the Secret-Keeper. If not all laws come into effect at the same time (see Wilson's rule), then the Secret-Keeper has 2 additional rule constraints placed upon them in the same manner. However, once per cycle, they may also create a new rule for the game, which is guaranteed to be in the next cycles rules (provided the GM's approve the rule because it isn't too broken, of course.)