781 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Straw said:

@little wilson How would your rule interact with "passive" rules like mine, Orlok's, Flash's, and King Cole's?

This is one of the main reasons I'm seriously considering changing it. I could add that there are 5 passive rules that are in effect at all times, and the other rules change, but I don't really like that. Plus, building a game specifically around shifting rules will have a significantly better end-product than a rules free-for-all where few people are interested in actually building a coherent game.

I am so completely and utterly confused.

I didn't make a rule yet, and since nobody thought of PMs yet, my rule is that during the night each player can create an infinite amount PMs with up to 4 players in them (total, including the player that created it but not the GM/s if it wasn't obvious).

EDIT: Since you guys seem to want infinite PMs, I guess I'll change my rule.

Edited by Eternum

This game is gonna be fun! But we do need some more role rules!

Eternum, that doesn't seem like very many PMs.

EDIT: Sheep has said in discord that she would be fine with infinite PMs.

Edited by Straw

9 hours ago, STINK said:

This is multiple rules in one post. Either choose one to keep, or make a new rule.

When you vote, you can put forward three votes. All of them count as a vote.

@STINK

Can't resist joining up, even though I was wary. Hopefully I can deal with both this and MR24 at the same time.

I'll join up as Elithanathile, which is still a cool name.

My rule is that a married couple (Ecth's rule) can choose to adopt another player that is not already an adopted child or married via an action if both spouses agree. The adopted child does not have to agree to this. The parents have all knowledge about their adopted child's role, alignment, items, and are added to any PMs created or in use. The parents can choose to give their child any information about themselves or add them into any PMs. Their win conditions and actions are not shared.

After 3 cycles of being a couple's adopted child, the child may choose to leave the family, but only if they are currently married.

A couple can only have one adopted child at a time. If the child dies they may adopt a new child with no repercussions. Grief RP is encouraged though.

Edit: I was told this is very harsh on the child, so changing it that the child does have to agree to the adoption. Pick good parents, kids!

Edited by Elithanathile

34 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Can't resist joining up, even though I was wary. Hopefully I can deal with both this and MR24 at the same time.

I'll join up as Elithanathile, which is still a cool name.

My rule is that a married couple (Ecth's rule) can choose to adopt another player that is not already an adopted child or married via an action if both spouses agree. The adopted child does not have to agree to this. The parents have all knowledge about their adopted child's role, alignment, items, and are added to any PMs created or in use. The parents can choose to give their child any information about themselves or add them into any PMs. Their win conditions and actions are not shared.

After 3 cycles of being a couple's adopted child, the child may choose to leave the family, but only if they are currently married.

A couple can only have one adopted child at a time. If the child dies they may adopt a new child with no repercussions. Grief RP is encouraged though.

Edit: I was told this is very harsh on the child, so changing it that the child does have to agree to the adoption. Pick good parents, kids!

This is a cool rule. 

Signing up!

Role: Dungeon Master. Each Night he can do two of the following:

--Create a mob of NPCs, doubling his vote the next Day

--Influence the dice, choosing a player and redirecting a random action targeted at the Dungeon Master to that player instead.

--Deny a player's request, roleblocking them for the Night.

3 hours ago, Eternum said:

I am so completely and utterly confused.

I didn't make a rule yet, and since nobody thought of PMs yet, my rule is that during the night each player can create two PMs with up to 3 players in them (total, including the player that created it but not the GM/s if it wasn't obvious).

Let’s please have unlimited or at least more PMs. Always more fun when that option is available, in my mind (even though I underutilize them).

3 hours ago, Eternum said:

We need to keep our GMs alive, Straw.

Seriously though. Does 2 PMs/night, max 3 players (including PM-er)/PM sound good?

Also, I can't not make this joke now:

I see dead people.

What if we allowed for PMs to include dead people? :huh:

EDIT: This isn't my rule just a discussion of possibilities. 

Edited by Clanky

Hmm. A rule, a rule, what will I choose... 

Personally, I have no qualms about killing my GMs (sorry guys :P), so what about this:  At the start of the game, everyone is assigned a random classical element, material or concept, which they have absolute control over. They can take any action they wish, so long as they can thematically relate it or justify it using their control of this concept.

Signing up as Aed.

2 hours ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Hmm. A rule, a rule, what will I choose... 

Personally, I have no qualms about killing my GMs (sorry guys :P), so what about this:  At the start of the game, everyone is assigned a random classical element, material or concept, which they have absolute control over. They can take any action they wish, so long as they can thematically relate it or justify it using their control of this concept.

Signing up as Aed.

This sounds suspiciously similar to how naming worked in the kingkiller game :P which is to say it would probably be a pretty cool rule, if handled properly.

That's a really awesome rule, Aonar.

And if the action has to make sense then being a physics grad will FINALLY come in handy xD

Edited by Eternum

Okay, I did a quick check, and I think we've got all the basics more or less in place. There is a lynch. There are PM's. There are multiple factions so we would actually want to use the lynch. Is anyone still missing any other basic fundamentals?

It's been quite some time, but the exciting build up to Oathbringer has dragged me out of the woodwork.

Bortholomew the Blind, signing up. STINK, Little Wilson, a pleasure as always :)

My rule/role: The Creator. You must work with another (invested) player, but between the pair of you, you can create worlds in the Cosmere. This can have a beneficial effect on everyone, be specifically targeted at someone (not to kill, but to remove a defense), or used to backstab your partner in building the world (ie Leras stabbed Ati in the back when creating humanity, allowing for Ati's eventual fall). This last would be an outright kill, but may also involve some kind of sacrifice from the Creator, perhaps a block on what you can do until the kill takes effect.

It would be public knowledge that a world is created, although not who was involved in the creation (possible investigation to find out who?), and a fixed number of turns later (I suggest three cycles), whatever affect chosen takes effect.

Edit:

Forgot to add my vote, split cycle.

Edited by Bort

Uh.. Infinite PMs with up to 4 players aren't enough?

51 minutes ago, Bort said:

My rule/role: The Creator. You must work with another (invested) player, but between the pair of you, you can create worlds in the Cosmere. This can have a beneficial effect on everyone, be specifically targeted at someone (not to kill, but to remove a defense), or used to backstab your partner in building the world (ie Leras stabbed Ati in the back when creating humanity, allowing for Ati's eventual fall). This last would be an outright kill, but may also involve some kind of sacrifice from the Creator, perhaps a block on what you can do until the kill takes effect.

How would you become invested?

Also you might want to make your rule more specific. You said 'perhaps' in it and probably should come up with more detonate rules as a part of it. (Just an idea you need pay no attention to me)

Just now, DroughtBringer said:

Also you might want to make your rule more specific. You said 'perhaps' in it and probably should come up with more detonate rules as a part of it. (Just an idea you need pay no attention to me)

Really the answers to those questions will depend on the other rules we end up with in the game. I was leaving them a little ambiguous so the GMs could decide for themselves how the rules fit together.

Well, I'd argue all of us are pretty Invested, because we are literally present at the creation of the universe.

3 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

I spotted this on the first page...

The worlds are unwrought and investiture flies free, unbound to any form.  It cannot last.

Maybe, if you want to become invested, you need to spend a day or night cycle chasing down and catching the fragments of investiture.

6 hours ago, randuir said:

Okay, I did a quick check, and I think we've got all the basics more or less in place. There is a lynch. There are PM's. There are multiple factions so we would actually want to use the lynch. Is anyone still missing any other basic fundamentals?

Win cons. Right now, the rules state the GMs create the win cons, but I'm fairly certain that won't actually happen, considering the OP and Sheep specifically stating that if we don't do something, we'll just sit around until it's done. I'm not sure we can count on Sheep/Stink to create anything. Veto, yes. Balance, sure. Create? Not so much....

Additionally, while some rules have referenced multiple factions, there's no specific number on how many factions we're talking about here. Stink vetoed the one that specified ten. So....how many do we want? Do we want to play a pure faction game, or a mostly standard elimination game with a couple non-village/non-eliminator roles (possibly neutral or neutral evil)? I think I'm leaning slightly toward the former, but...yeah. We also have Orlok's rule so if we miss something in the creation stage, we'll be able to come back and add it later, by consensus.

5 hours ago, Bort said:

It's been quite some time, but the exciting build up to Oathbringer has dragged me out of the woodwork.

Bortholomew the Blind, signing up. STINK, Little Wilson, a pleasure as always :)

Welcome back, my son. ;)

Double post because I'm changing my rule and I don't want any chance of the GMs missing it.

There is a faction called the Agents of Chaos. This faction has a maximum of 3 people on it, and are the first people to PM the GM requesting to be in this faction. Agents in this faction know who the other Agents are and they all must devote themselves to chaos. All Agents in this faction are also in other factions, but their primary affiliation is to chaos.

5 hours ago, Eternum said:

Uh.. Infinite PMs with up to 4 players aren't enough?

Four players to talk to isn't a lot if you're a chatty person. Just popping in to say that.

What about three factions.  Agents of Chaos, 17th Shard, and the other Shards?

Goal is to reassemble Adonalsium's power under the control of a player.  Agents and 17th Shard know who their own faction members are. Shards do not.

It'll need more detail to fill it out, but there's an objective to consider. 

@Wilson.  Hello, Mummy. Did you miss me?