All right, I think we need some roles. As I'm pretty sure I can't include more than one role, everyone should be encouraged to add to them.

So, this game will have roles, one of which will be:

• Strong-willed. After having died (from whatever cause), you can make one last post. This post will have to be made within one cycle of your moment of death. You won't get access to the dead-doc until you've made this post.
Edited by randuir

Did somebody say INSANITY???

I probably shouldn't, but I'm in.

Looking at the list of approved rules...

Each faction has a faction ability. The power of the faction power is directly proportional to the difficulty of the faction's approved win condition. This faction ability is appointed by the GMs, once the GMs approve the faction's decided win condition. It could be basically any action, be it roleblock, vote manip, protect, kill, or anything else. A single player may not be part of more than 5 factions.

I'll sign up as Ad.

Rule: There is a role called Adonalsium. Only one person can have the role Adonalsium ever in a game.

Adonalsium: You are god. You may not be part of any faction, but have access the doc of every faction. You may take any action that has existed in any game of SE, but you must clear it with the GMs first. You are immune to all forms of kill besides the Lynch, and stay a neutral role at all points in time. There is no way that Adonalsium can be converted to another faction. Adonalsium is aware of everything going on, and can see all PMs that are not GM PMs. He has the ability to post in every active thread that is part of LG38. Everyone is aware of who Adonalsium is at the start of the game. To kill Adonalsium a lynch must be performed upon him. The Lynch must have more than 50% of the active players voting. Everyone who voted upon Adonalsium at the time of his death receive a shard that grants part of his powers. The GMs control what powers are passed around, and the distribution of the powers.

Hopefully that wasn't too much, I think it could be an interesting role, and would be very fun to mess around with. @STINK@AliasSheep do you have any problems with the role?

2 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

I'll sign up as Ad.

Rule: There is a role called Adonalsium. Only one person can have the role Adonalsium ever in a game.

Adonalsium: You are god. You may not be part of any faction, but have access the doc of every faction. You may take any action that has existed in any game of SE, but you must clear it with the GMs first. You are immune to all forms of kill besides the Lynch, and stay a neutral role at all points in time. There is no way that Adonalsium can be converted to another faction. Adonalsium is aware of everything going on, and can see all PMs that are not GM PMs. He has the ability to post in every active thread that is part of LG38. Everyone is aware of who Adonalsium is at the start of the game. To kill Adonalsium a lynch must be performed upon him. The Lynch must have more than 50% of the active players voting. Everyone who voted upon Adonalsium at the time of his death receive a shard that grants part of his powers. The GMs control what powers are passed around, and the distribution of the powers.

Hopefully that wasn't too much, I think it could be an interesting role, and would be very fun to mess around with. @STINK@AliasSheep do you have any problems with the role?

Can I change my rule to being adonalsium? :P

7 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Can I change my rule to being adonalsium? :P

Please don't :P

I really want this to be either decided randomly, or selected by the GMs....

Update:

Rule: There is a role called Adonalsium. Only one person can have the role Adonalsium ever in a game. The role Adonalsium must not be claimed by a player before the game has started. It will be randomly assigned or chosen who it goes to by the GMs.

Adonalsium: You are god. You may not be part of any faction, but have access the doc of every faction. You may take any action that has existed in any game of SE, but you must clear it with the GMs first. You are immune to all forms of kill besides the Lynch, and stay a neutral role at all points in time. There is no way that Adonalsium can be converted to another faction. Adonalsium is aware of everything going on, and can see all PMs that are not GM PMs. He has the ability to post in every active thread that is part of LG38. Everyone is aware of who Adonalsium is at the start of the game. To kill Adonalsium a lynch must be performed upon him. The Lynch must have more than 50% of the active players voting. Everyone who voted upon Adonalsium at the time of his death receive a shard that grants part of his powers. The GMs control what powers are passed around, and the distribution of the powers. Adonalsium may not take any action that would directly oppose his lynch. Adonalsium's only win condition to create, what is up to the GMs.

I will be slowly updating this as I come up with rules and stuff to make it better. If anyone has any ideas just send me a PM, or post here, and mention me.

Edited by DroughtBringer
Update.

We could discuss potential rules/roles. This signup thread is basically a massive game-building session so we could easily work together to do that if we wanted.

For example, HH had an idea for an alternate dimension that reversed everything. While his idea got vetoed (I'm pretty sure), I can think of one really interesting tweak to his idea: Every cycle, there's a 10% chance all rules and roles are reversed. Interesting is now Boring. Boring is Interesting. The Gunsmith steals guns. Survival win cons are now trying to die. Kill roles protect. Rioters soothe. Etc.

^That has serious possibilities and could be wicked awesome to play.

Additionally, it might help if we all understood why this game exists. It's not for insanity. A long while ago, @Haelbarde made a suggestion for break-tank games, which was an idea to play-test games for 3-4 cycles, to check mechanics and see how the mechanics interact/if they break a game without actually compromising a full game. Nothing really every came of this (In theory, it's a great idea, but I really don't think it would work the way we hope it would in practice). Stink said this at one point:

On 4/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, STINK said:

Alright people of the SE people, that are people of the Shard people. I have a question for all the GMs out there and stuff, which should definitely be answered.

Any and all GMs, if you have any game ideas/concepts that are either not fully fleshed out or you feel like you won't run them (due to either being too complex or too simple), then please PM me with those game ideas. I will have to note that if you do PM me a game, then note that the game will most likely be run within the next 6 months, no matter how many I am sent, and that if it features secret roles then I will still be fine talking about them, knowing that I wouldn't be able to play them.

@Haelbarde, I will also note that you should be interested in what I am attempting, as you're the most vocal supporter of having the 'test games' where the duration is much shorter than a QF and is just for testing ideas instead of fully running games. I am attempting something similar, so we'll see how my attempt goes. 

I understand if y'all don't wanna send me anything, due to either wanting to run the game or just plain being secretive, however I can promise that the more 'ideas' I receive, my thing should also get better too. And there's really no loss for you at the end of the day, so please?

And now we have this game, which has no rules. This game is basically Sheep and Stink's version of a massive break-tank LG, play-testing potentially broken ideas, to see what can be done to fix them, if anything. 

If you're wondering about different ideas/rules/roles, there's a whole slew of them in Game Creation (really hard to find as well, unfortunately). Here are just a few that I found in my cursory scan of that thread:

I saw there was a mention of a prisoner/jailer role mechanic, but it seemed to be merely an extra role in addition to the usual cycle of a mafia kill and a lunching each cycle.

What if instead the lynching was completely replaced by a jailing or a similar RP mechanic? Townspeople placed in jail wouldn't be silenced, but they wouldn't cast votes. They could also be broken out of jail or set free by the lawmen, probably only once per game for each side. No one would be permanently eliminated by the town that way, just neutralized with a small chance of returning. You could even allow the town to choose to free a prisoner rather than jailing someone during each day cycle.

Kandra: would have similar (but maybe slightly modified) abilities to Thugs and Tineyes, but with the fun factor that a Rioter and Soother can take control of his or her vote if they use their ability on a Kandra. They would still have to sacrifice their own vote to do this, but this would have the added benefit of forcing the Kandra itself, in-game to vote as the Rioter or Soother wants, instead of just suppressing or changing the vote behind the scenes. RP-wise, they should be able to take over the use of their role as well, at least in the case of a Tineye-like ability, but I think that would be a bit over-power.

Lerasium beads. For every 10 players (rounded up) there is one bead hiding somewhere in the area. Anyone can search for it but only at night and it costs one action. Once found the bead can be eaten, traded, kept or destroyed. Only unsnapped/regular villagers can eat the bead. If eaten the GM rolls whatever they roll and gives the eater a new role. Currently only the 9 established misting roles can be chosen (including mistborn) plus the role of Atium misting.

Atium misting can only be given by lerasium bead. Atium mistings can follow a target and learn what happens. e.g misting follows player X. X luches Y, Y is attacked by Z, Z is killed by C. At end of night all players involved are named but only X's role is given to misting. Due to the lack of atium, (overpowerment) atium misting can only use this abitily once every 2/3 nights

If someone is killed while holding a bead, the bead is given to the killer. Should mob rule be the cause of death then the bead is randomly given to one of the ones who voted for the poor soul.

The odds of finding a bead I leave for the GM to decide. It is meant to be a mid-game changer / random element. Also as a way for those that didn't get a role from not having anything to do during the night cycle. As well as giving a choice of actions for everyone to do.

Has anyone considering using the medallions from BoM in a game yet? I can see a really interesting mechanic where medallions can be swapped around and traded to other players to allow abilities to change. People expecting to die could pass their abilities to someone else, and perhaps one person could use two at the same time (but not more than two). It might have some potential to lead to a broken game, but I think that could be worked around. The entire game could end up hinging on keeping the medallions out of the Elims hands.

To finish, I will probably end up changing my Flex rule. While I like it and am interested to see how it works, I'm pretty sure I can build a whole game around it, with rules specifically made to fluctuate. I'm not sure how it will work in this game. And I know Hael (or others) had some break-tank game ideas I'd be willing to use for my rule.

do think it would be worthwhile to discuss the rules/roles/mechanics of the game we want to play.

6 minutes ago, little wilson said:

I do think it would be worthwhile to discuss the rules/roles/mechanics of the game we want to play.

I would like the Adonalsium role I suggested. It could potentially shatter a game, but also could prove to be very interesting.

We need to keep our GMs alive, Straw.

Seriously though. Does 2 PMs/night, max 3 players (including PM-er)/PM sound good?

Also, I can't not make this joke now:

I see dead people.

Edited by Eternum

Spoiler

Bart here, comes as Elias there shall be a 10 percent chance of something just weird happens.

What are the exact mechanics of your rule?

Like whenever people lynch somebody, say me, there is a 10 percent chance that cats wearing hats suddenly appears.

5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bart here, comes as Elias there shall be a 10 percent chance of something just weird happens.

What are the exact mechanics of your rule?

Like whenever people lynch somebody, say me, there is a 10 percent chance that cats wearing hats suddenly appears.

Are these cats NPCs that have a special action? Are they targetable?