Fights you would like to see?

11 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Steeldancer (steel compounding edgedancer) v Lord Ruler. I think Steeldancer could take him on. 

No. The Lord Ruler is the LORD RULER. He is practically a god, in fact he was considered a god. The steeldancer would live longer than most, due to his superspeed preventing instant death by atium burning, steel tapping to get up close, and tapping pewter and iron for a death punch. But, atium is near unbeatable. The Steeldancer would be outpushed by an iron tapping Lord Ruler, outmuscled by pewter everything, and just in general demolished. I think the steeldancer could beat several inquisitors, but not the Lord Ruler.  

6 hours ago, MRex said:

No. The Lord Ruler is the LORD RULER. He is practically a god, in fact he was considered a god. The steeldancer would live longer than most, due to his superspeed preventing instant death by atium burning, steel tapping to get up close, and tapping pewter and iron for a death punch. But, atium is near unbeatable. The Steeldancer would be outpushed by an iron tapping Lord Ruler, outmuscled by pewter everything, and just in general demolished. I think the steeldancer could beat several inquisitors, but not the Lord Ruler.  

Ah but Steeldancer has a shardblade. 

On 8/22/2017 at 4:34 AM, Kalleth said:

My number one OTTOBL (One True Trio of Blood Lust) is The Lord Ruler (At height of his power) Vs. Susebron (With a tongue) Vs. Full Knight Radiant Dalinar!

I can see it now! Each one, a champion of their given Shardworld, each one arguably among the most powerful of the kind of warrior their planet breeds! The Lord Ruler, with complete access to all of the Feruchemical and Allomantic powers, and at least a millennia to master them! Also possessing the entire population of Skaa, and a veritable army of inquisitors! Susebron, the GOD-KING with a MILLION breaths! Able to call upon vast armies of Lifeless statues! To awaken many hundreds if not THOUSANDS of Nightblood-like weapons! And of course, last but not least, DALINAR STORMING KHOLIN! A MAN WHO FORMED A NAHEL BOND WITH THE STORMFATHER! A MAN WHO UNITED ALL TEN HIGHPRINCES (and maybe kinda  had his son assassinate his rival XD)! AND A FREAKING BONDSMITH! POTENTIALLY COULD CALL UPON THE COMBINED ORDERS OF THE KNIGHTS RADIANT, AND WAS ALREADY A UNQUESTIONABLE STORMING BADASS WHEN HE SPOKE THE FIRST IDEAL!

Can you tell who I think would win? :D

If TLR is able to bring his cadre of Inquisitors, not to mention wave after wave of skaa shock troops, surely he could also bring his koloss. On top of being the most innately magically powerful of any of the combatants, it seems like a huge, huge advantage.

On the other hand, we haven't seen what all ten Orders of KR can do, nor how many of them there would be. Plus maybe Sazed could get a message passed to Dalinar, suggesting they try playing Monkey In The Middle with TLR's atium arm bracers and to keep them away from him for, oh, 5 or 10 minutes. That would even things out. A LOT.

As for Susebron, the ace up his sleeve would be if he mastered the Awakening of steel, and used Peacegiver's Treasure to create, oh, three or four more Nightblood type weapons, with more specific Commands than just "destroy evil". Or, if Nightblood was originally inspired by Shardblades, what would a Nightblood level version of Shardplate be like?!

8 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Run.with a shardblade. Cut off all the LR limbs, the end. 

Seriously. Does the word ATIUM mean anything. The Lord Ruler would be untouchable, able to see every attack. So, we have established that the Lord Ruler cannot be hit. If he somehow was hit, he could heal from anything, with the possible exception of the Shardblade cutting through his spine. But, he can't be hit, being a near equal in speed and able to see the FUTURE, comprehend any attack with zinc. Not to mention the god-like abilities of burning atium with duralumin, which would allow the Lord Ruler to know the outcome of the fight before it even began. Vin killed him by being EXTREMELY lucky. With A- Duralumin, A/F Iron, A/F Steel, and A/F pewter alone, he would be the steeldancers equal. But with Atium, it isn't even a fight. 

13 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Ah but Steeldancer has a shardblade. 

I have to agree with @MRex here. Atium can be beaten with a massive speed advantage, but Steeldancer doesn't even have that, since TLR can compound nicrosil into A-Pewter  as well to basically ignore friction with durability and strength along with his equivalent steel compounding (It's also possible that his greater allomantic strength would let him compound steel more efficiently).

The upper limit of feruchemy will probably hit before Steeldancer can gain a meaningful speed advantage. TLR can also tap mental speed, allowing him to react faster, along with Atium, which will let him abuse that reaction time to the fullest. He can also push the shardblade with his increased steelpushing power and heal most shardblade wounds. His punches will shatter plate with ease, he can dodge or push the shardblade, and he has greater reaction speed coupled with equal or greater combat/movement speed. Since they can one-shot each other, atium gives TLR a huge advantage once they fight hand to hand.

11 hours ago, asterion137 said:

I have to agree with @MRex here. Atium can be beaten with a massive speed advantage, but Steeldancer doesn't even have that, since TLR can compound nicrosil into A-Pewter  as well to basically ignore friction with durability and strength along with his equivalent steel compounding (It's also possible that his greater allomantic strength would let him compound steel more efficiently).

The upper limit of feruchemy will probably hit before Steeldancer can gain a meaningful speed advantage. TLR can also tap mental speed, allowing him to react faster, along with Atium, which will let him abuse that reaction time to the fullest. He can also push the shardblade with his increased steelpushing power and heal most shardblade wounds. His punches will shatter plate with ease, he can dodge or push the shardblade, and he has greater reaction speed coupled with equal or greater combat/movement speed. Since they can one-shot each other, atium gives TLR a huge advantage once they fight hand to hand.

Ok then let's up the stakes. If he were a Dustbringer instead of an edgedancer... boom. 

I think it'll come to a point where given enough compounding, Steeldancer could go faster than atium could react.

Also, how pushable is a shardblade? Not that pushable, I imagine. Also, the element of surprise. I dont think TLR would have ever seen a shardblade before, or would know what it could do. That alone could end the battle right there. 

I don't think you can just ignore friction. Your body all BURN UP. That's not something you can just pewter your way through. 

Ok then let's up the stakes. If he were a Dustbringer instead of an edgedancer... boom. 

I think it'll come to a point where given enough compounding, Steeldancer could go faster than atium could react

The thing is, TLR will have a better reaction speed than the Steeldancer (Steelbringer?) because of his zinc compounding and pewter on top of an equal amount of steel compounding.

Also, how pushable is a shardblade? Not that pushable, I imagine. Also, the element of surprise. I dont think TLR would have ever seen a shardblade before, or would know what it could do. That alone could end the battle right there. 

TLR can push it. It may be harder to push than an inquisitor spike, but it won't matter when it's the lord ruler we're talking about. If Shardblades are pushable (and they are), he can do it.

I don't think you can just ignore friction. Your body all BURN UP. That's not something you can just pewter your way through. 

You can't ignore friction, but you can just push through it if your skin is harder than steel and you have infinite healing. Another thing to consider is that his increased ability with pewter will grant him some additional speed He can store the heat into a bronzemind too if he needs to. A Dustbringer won't do much more than an Edgedancer, imo. He won't be able to directly affect TLR with hax abilities due to his insane investiture levels, and the fire they are implied to use won't hurt TLR at all since he can heal instantly.

10 hours ago, MRex said:

@Steeldancer Lets change this conversation. How could the Lord Ruler be beaten? I dont know enough about the Dustbringers to know if that would work. 

I don't think the Lord Ruler could be beaten by any single person (excluding Shards of course). His combination of compounded speed/health/strength as well as atium makes him unstoppable. I think 10 or more full KR that compound steel could give him a problem, but even then he can just nuke them from a distance if he was aware of the danger presented by the shardblades. The guy is OP.

I know that this will make me sound like a terrible person but, if Adolin turns out to be Odium's champion, then I want to see Dalinar be Honor's champion and fight him in a battle for the planet. Even better would be if the Stormfather would come down and be his shardblade for the battle. My hope, however, is that Adolin is not the champion and this will not have to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 8:51 PM, HillbillyBurgess said:

I don't think the Lord Ruler could be beaten by any single person (excluding Shards of course). His combination of compounded speed/health/strength as well as atium makes him unstoppable. I think 10 or more full KR that compound steel could give him a problem, but even then he can just nuke them from a distance if he was aware of the danger presented by the shardblades. The guy is OP.

Well, you forgot to exclude Hoid

• 1 month later...

All this talk about atium makes me wonder would a fifth oath truthwatcher be a better match for the lord ruler considering their implied resonance. On that vein, do we know if shardplate can mess with atium or not? Considering burning  electrum reduces or negates its abilities. it's not too much of a stretch to consider, with shardplate negating surges and all.

Also I think dalinar with his fifth oath would have enough investiture in his plate to resist the push of the lord ruler. Especially with the stormfather as a shardblade giving him the potential to wield the investiture of a large shard of honour. Though I don't think he could beat the lord ruler just be able to put up a fight. 

I don't. A Radiant will die from a crushed skull even while holding Stormlight. Compounding gold will literally heal decapitation, or being burnt to a skeleton. 

Yes. That is true of any radiant that does not have the surge of Regrowth.

(OB spoilers) 

Spoiler

We see either Renarin(I think, might be Lift) crushed by a Thunderclast. Even the most conservative version of that includes his skull being crushed. And then he just pops up and keeps fighting. 

A Steeldancer, however, WILL have regrowth. 

On 10/16/2017 at 10:06 AM, Fourth Of The Night said:

Couldn't a Leecher + Primer cube beat TLR? Wipe his metal reserves and he can no longer compound Atium, and thus dies?

Not necessarily. Cleaning out a Compounder takes a while to do, and that's time that TLR could easily kill a Leecher and/or Double-Steel away from a Primer Cube. Leeching also drains uninvested metals first(Allomantic Reserves) before draining Invested Metals(Metalminds) so depending on how much of the basic metals he has for Allomancy, his Atiumminds might not even be messed with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 3:54 AM, Penumbra said:

Reading this I imagined it perfectly with the announcer voice and all. "ANNNND in the RIIIGHT Corner wearing blue, representing Roshar: DALINAR "THE BLACKTHORN" KHOLIN!"

In my head, the announcer was Hoid. I can just imagine him insulting people as they fight and generally being hilarious.