Fights you would like to see?

2 hours ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Marsh vs literally anyone.

Harmony vs Odium.

Saaaame

Are these supposed to be ones from the same book, or can they be from different ones?  Because I think Kaladin vs. Kelsier would be awesome, especially because their fighting styles would just be so different.

I want to see Lift fight, in the future. Preferably next to some other cool radiants, and against some actual voidwalkers! Wyndle would probably be in between "Hah, I told you I'm not one!" and "Can we go do something else please?"

My number one OTTOBL (One True Trio of Blood Lust) is The Lord Ruler (At height of his power) Vs. Susebron (With a tongue) Vs. Full Knight Radiant Dalinar!

I can see it now! Each one, a champion of their given Shardworld, each one arguably among the most powerful of the kind of warrior their planet breeds! The Lord Ruler, with complete access to all of the Feruchemical and Allomantic powers, and at least a millennia to master them! Also possessing the entire population of Skaa, and a veritable army of inquisitors! Susebron, the GOD-KING with a MILLION breaths! Able to call upon vast armies of Lifeless statues! To awaken many hundreds if not THOUSANDS of Nightblood-like weapons! And of course, last but not least, DALINAR STORMING KHOLIN! A MAN WHO FORMED A NAHEL BOND WITH THE STORMFATHER! A MAN WHO UNITED ALL TEN HIGHPRINCES (and maybe kinda  had his son assassinate his rival XD)! AND A FREAKING BONDSMITH! POTENTIALLY COULD CALL UPON THE COMBINED ORDERS OF THE KNIGHTS RADIANT, AND WAS ALREADY A UNQUESTIONABLE STORMING BADASS WHEN HE SPOKE THE FIRST IDEAL!

Can you tell who I think would win? :D

Edited by Kalleth

1 hour ago, Kalleth said:

I can see it now! Each one, a champion of their given Shardworld, each one arguably among the most powerful of the kind of warrior their planet breeds! The Lord Ruler, with complete access to all of the Feruchemical and Allomantic powers, and at least a millennia to master them! Also possessing the entire population of Skaa, and a veritable army of inquisitors! Susebron, the GOD-KING with a MILLION breaths! Able to call upon vast armies of Lifeless statues! To awaken many hundreds if not THOUSANDS of Nightblood-like weapons! And of course, last but not least, DALINAR STORMING KHOLIN! A MAN WHO FORMED A NAHEL BOND WITH THE STORMFATHER! A MAN WHO UNITED ALL TEN HIGHPRINCES (and maybe kinda  had his son assassinate his rival XD)! AND A FREAKING BONDSMITH! POTENTIALLY COULD CALL UPON THE COMBINED ORDERS OF THE KNIGHTS RADIANT, AND WAS ALREADY A UNQUESTIONABLE STORMING BADASS WHEN HE SPOKE THE FIRST IDEAL!

Reading this I imagined it perfectly with the announcer voice and all. "ANNNND in the RIIIGHT Corner wearing blue, representing Roshar: DALINAR "THE BLACKTHORN" KHOLIN!"

1 hour ago, Kalleth said:

My number one OTTOBL (One True Trio of Blood Lust) is The Lord Ruler (At height of his power) Vs. Susebron (With a tongue) Vs. Full Knight Radiant Dalinar!

And then the Lord Ruler compounds feruchemical speed and strength and kills everyone in less than a second. GGEZ

1 hour ago, HillbillyBurgess said:

And then the Lord Ruler compounds feruchemical speed and strength and kills everyone in less than a second. GGEZ

I think you vastly overestimate the Lord Ruler's ability to outcompete the BLACKTHORN! And Susebron, Susebron too.

46 minutes ago, Kalleth said:

I think you vastly overestimate the Lord Ruler's ability to outcompete the BLACKTHORN! And Susebron, Susebron too.

I don't. A Radiant will die from a crushed skull even while holding Stormlight. Compounding gold will literally heal decapitation, or being burnt to a skeleton. 

TLR can compound everything. He'd kill them all in an instant and heal if they managed to hurt him at all. We've seen nothing other than Shards that can overpower a Fullborn. 

This is pretty much the whole reason, storytelling wise, that twin born are as strong as you can get after Era 1. Fullborn are just to insanely OP. TLR only died cause he was overconfident and didn't think he could lose, so he toyed with things like a cat. If he'd just killed Vin and been done with it he'd have survived to retake the well. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I don't. A Radiant will die from a crushed skull even while holding Stormlight. Compounding gold will literally heal decapitation, or being burnt to a skeleton. 

TLR can compound everything. He'd kill them all in an instant and heal if they managed to hurt him at all. We've seen nothing other than Shards that can overpower a Fullborn. 

This is pretty much the whole reason, storytelling wise, that twin born are as strong as you can get after Era 1. Fullborn are just to insanely OP. TLR only died cause he was overconfident and didn't think he could lose, so he toyed with things like a cat. If he'd just killed Vin and been done with it he'd have survived to retake the well. 

So the only reason that Vin was able to defeat TLR was because... Plot armour?

8 minutes ago, Kalleth said:

So the only reason that Vin was able to defeat TLR was because... Plot armour?

Yes. That and she drew on the mists, enabling her to push off his atium minds and undo his ability to stay alive. 

In the annotations for mistborn, even Brandon says he dislikes how deus ex machina that ending was and that he wishes he foreshadowed the mists being used by Vin better. 

TLR only died because of Preservations intervention in that moment with the mists, and TLR's overconfidence. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, Calderis said:

And he's a Lerasium mistborn to top it off. Though it probably doesn't make a difference for compounded abilities.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:19 AM, HillbillyBurgess said:

Too true. The Lord Ruler would win, unless Dalinar's bondsmith powers could drag in other Radiants, and in that case, it would be much more of a contest.. The God king would go down fast, because the incredibly fast, atium burning Lord Ruler could zip past everything he awakened. The Lord Ruler is probably the most powerful non-vessel in the Cosmere so far.

It's kind of a cheap answer, but I want to see a full scale battle; all of the Knight's Radiants and Heralds fighting the Voidbringers and Voidbinders, seeing some Avengers style team up beatdowns.  

Kaladin lashing Lift's gravitational pull horizontal across the battlefield so that she skates at an impossible speed, spinning on her heels like a Shard beyblade of destruction.

Jasnah using transportation to slip out of the cognitive realm and appear behind an enemy, soulcasting them into crystal before they're shattered by Dalinar's brutal shoulder charge.

Shallan weaving an illusion of 5 extra Adolins fighting alongside the real one to overwhelm and confuse their opponent's courage.  Shallan soulcasting incoming arrows into dust (not sure if that's possible, but damnation it'd be cool) and then reforming them into spears for Bridge 4 to pick up and hurl across the battlefield.

I'd just love to see a climactic battle like that take place.

Edited by Everstorm Entropy