Atium, Malatium, and Lerasium Categorization

Arkadious

So I can understand why Lerasium, which turns you into a Mistborn as a "side effect", would be categorized as an Internal Pulling metal. What I'm confused about is why Atium is an External Pulling metal and Malatium is an External Pushing metal, when surely they should be the other way round.

Electrum (allowing you to see your future actions) is a Internal Pushing metal, and gold (seeing your potential selves) is an Internal Pulling metal. So surely Atium would be an External Pushing metal, while Malatium would be an External Pulling metal? However, I am getting this from the Mistborn: Adventure Game book, and it is the only thing I have seen so far that even attempts to categorise the god metals. It is quite possible that it could be wrong, or it could be a print error.

17 minutes ago, Arkadious said:

So I can understand why Lerasium, which turns you into a Mistborn as a "side effect", would be categorized as an Internal Pulling metal. What I'm confused about is why Atium is an External Pulling metal and Malatium is an External Pushing metal, when surely they should be the other way round.

Electrum (allowing you to see your future actions) is a Internal Pushing metal, and gold (seeing your potential selves) is an Internal Pulling metal. So surely Atium would be an External Pushing metal, while Malatium would be an External Pulling metal? However, I am getting this from the Mistborn: Adventure Game book, and it is the only thing I have seen so far that even attempts to categorise the god metals. It is quite possible that it could be wrong, or it could be a print error.

MAG's extrapolations are best considered uncanon :)

6 hours ago, Oversleep said:

MAG's extrapolations are best considered uncanon :)

In addition to this, Brandon has said in WoBs before that the metal charts are in world constructs, and that the people who use the metallic arts don't completely understand them yet.

Nice catch though, there are a couple other discrepancies that others have noticed on the chart as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically there's 34 god metals.

Anyways the abilities of the metals come from the shards themselves. For example, ruin can see the future but other than that his main investiture power is hemalurgy. So the metal is created by an outside influence, not from preservations original 16 metals. That's the reason why ruins metal doesn't have a full opposite. Now lerasium also comes from te abilities of the shard. And since allomancy is a form of preservation, it makes sense that pure metal would access lerasi's investiture.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, AnonymousFan said:

Technically there's 34 god metals.

Anyways the abilities of the metals come from the shards themselves. For example, ruin can see the future but other than that his main investiture power is hemalurgy. So the metal is created by an outside influence, not from preservations original 16 metals. That's the reason why ruins metal doesn't have a full opposite. Now lerasium also comes from te abilities of the shard. And since allomancy is a form of preservation, it makes sense that pure metal would access lerasi's investiture.

Well if you really wanted to get technical, all shards if invested enough on scadrial could make a god metal which could be alloyed with the 16 base metals and pre-existing god metals, so there is far more than 34. All Lerasium alloys have the power to turn those who burn it into Mistings, and all Atium alloys have temporal effects. Also (as a side note) all shards have the power to see the future via the Spiritual Realm but some are better at it than others, probably due to their intent.

Edited by Arkadious

• Chaos locked this topic