Game of Thrones/ASoIaF

Who's the character you hate most? Not like "I don't like their character written" but most morally despicable. 

I guess I'll go with. 

1. Ramsey Bolton (Duh) 

2. Joffrey

3. Tywin, probably

4. The Mountain

5. Robert Baratheon (Okay, this one isn't really justified, I just hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the dead guy so much.)

I totally agree with @winter devotion, especially with Ramsey and Joffrey, I hate them with a burning passion. Although, I don't really care about Robert Baratheon.

Also I'm not sure how to feel about Jamie. I want to like him but then I start thinking about it and remember him pushing a kid of a tower and decide i probably shouldn't. Anyone want to convince me one way or another? (bearing in mind I've only watched the first five seasons of the show and read none of the books - though I'd don't mind being spoiled for anything only book-related as long as it's not something really major.)

I really liked the scene in season 5 where...

Spoiler

After "rescuing" Myrcella he talks to her about him and Cersei (though she already knows) This is kinda ruined however by her dying but before that it was a really nice sweet scene.

1 hour ago, Aciilnt Stormblessed said:

I totally agree with @winter devotion, especially with Ramsey and Joffrey, I hate them with a burning passion. Although, I don't really care about Robert Baratheon.

Also I'm not sure how to feel about Jamie. I want to like him but then I start thinking about it and remember him pushing a kid of a tower and decide i probably shouldn't. Anyone want to convince me one way or another? (bearing in mind I've only watched the first five seasons of the show and read none of the books - though I'd don't mind being spoiled for anything only book-related as long as it's not something really major.)

I really liked the scene in season 5 where...

Hide contents

After "rescuing" Myrcella he talks to her about him and Cersei (though she already knows) This is kinda ruined however by her dying but before that it was a really nice sweet scene.

He's a jerk? Also Cersei. Gross. So bad.
Robert hit Cersei and let her know how much he hated her. Seriously, jerk move. 

Ok, yeah I'll probably have to let you win with Jamie, tbh i don't know why i like him. Also i agree Robert was a jerk, it's just when compared with the other people on your list he just kind of eh. He's not a nice person by any means but he's nowhere near the worst person on the show. Also, I guess I don't hate him as much because he wasn't really horrible to any characters that i actually really liked, where as I love Sansa and she was treated terribly by both Ramsey and Joffrey and Tyrion (my favorite character) was treated badly by Tywin and also Joffrey. This means that I hate those 3 but given that I don't like Cersei I don't hate Robert that much. That said, I don't disagree with what you're saying.

Sorry if none of that made sense, it's almost 2am where I live and I should probably go to sleep. 

Most hated would be:

1. The Mountain

2. Joffrey

3. Ramsay

4. Viserys Targaryen

5. Janos Slynt

@Aciilnt Stormblessed I like Jaime. He is trying to become a better man, which appeals to me. He is able to see what is good, and what is bad, and tries to keep to the good. I also love how everybody hates him for his most heroic action, and I find him extremely funny in later books. The best Jaime scene is in the books, when he reads his entry in the Kingsguard-book, written by other people. He thinks that since he is the one in charge of the Kingsguard now, he will have to write himself, and he can write whatever he wants. 

@Oversleep I doubt Dalinar would have conquered everything. He was a great warrior, but a terrible tactician. The likes of Robb Stark or Tywin Lannister would crush his forces and kill him.

5 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Most hated would be:

1. The Mountain

2. Joffrey

3. Ramsay

4. Viserys Targaryen

5. Janos Slynt

@Aciilnt Stormblessed I like Jaime. He is trying to become a better man, which appeals to me. He is able to see what is good, and what is bad, and tries to keep to the good. I also love how everybody hates him for his most heroic action, and I find him extremely funny in later books. The best Jaime scene is in the books, when he reads his entry in the Kingsguard-book, written by other people. He thinks that since he is the one in charge of the Kingsguard now, he will have to write himself, and he can write whatever he wants. 

@Oversleep I doubt Dalinar would have conquered everything. He was a great warrior, but a terrible tactician. The likes of Robb Stark or Tywin Lannister would crush his forces and kill him.

But does he have shardplate?

5 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Most hated would be:

1. The Mountain

2. Joffrey

3. Ramsay

4. Viserys Targaryen

5. Janos Slynt

But does he have shardplate?

23 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

If he does, he conquers the whole world.

I doubt it. Shardplate cant handle too much damage, and I doubt you could regrow it in Westeros considering lack of Stormlight. Dalinar can't take thousands of Parshendi along with Adolin and some soldiers. I doubt he could handle several hundred thousand men, along with dragons, wights, White Walkers and the Nights King.

9 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I doubt it. Shardplate cant handle too much damage, and I doubt you could regrow it in Westeros considering lack of Stormlight. Dalinar can't take thousands of Parshendi along with Adolin and some soldiers. I doubt he could handle several hundred thousand men, along with dragons, wights, White Walkers and the Nights King.

The initial impression would get him to be considered a god or something like that. And frankly just a Shardblade would accomplish that.

12 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

The initial impression would get him to be considered a god or something like that. And frankly just a Shardblade would accomplish that.

Yeah, they would defenitely be scared. However, they have seen White Walkers, they have seen dragons, I think can see, and fight Dalinar too.

30 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Yeah, they would defenitely be scared. However, they have seen White Walkers, they have seen dragons, I think can see, and fight Dalinar too.

Now they have seen dragons and Others. But at the time of the War of the Five Kings? Robert's rebellion? Last Targaryens?

3 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Now they have seen dragons and Others. But at the time of the War of the Five Kings? Robert's rebellion? Last Targaryens?

I assumed you meant to put Dalinar there now, not before. And even if he was in Westeros earlier, he'd probably get killed anyways. I doubt people would just roll over and give up even if they were scared. Then there is always the possibility of someone taking him out like Kaladin killed Helaran.

11 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I think the combination of Tyrion and Wit would be fabulous. 

I'd like to see Stannis and the Highprinces too. He'd have zero patience with them. Would be awesome.

And the Nights King would probably bond with Odium.

Awesome post. Stannis and the high princess would be hilarious

Wit reminds me so much of wit from farseer. I wish they could team up and harass people across tons of fiction

6 minutes ago, bridge4 said:

Wit reminds me so much of wit from farseer. I wish they could team up and harass people across tons of fiction

Haven't read Farseer, but this sounds sweet. I'd love to see Wit travelling across fiction and annoying everyone. Come to think of it, Stannis would be hilarious there too. He'd have zero patience for Wit as well. 

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Haven't read Farseer, but this sounds sweet. I'd love to see Wit travelling across fiction and annoying everyone. Come to think of it, Stannis would be hilarious there too. He'd have zero patience for Wit as well. 

im such a bad farseer fan. the dudes name is "fool." i think he's called "the king's wit" also tho. i might be wrong. but he is really smart and hilarious just like wit in SA

im taking it back tho. you doubled down and you are so right. all we need is SAs Wit + Stannis traveling around together

picture stannis with hobbits LOL

9 hours ago, bridge4 said:

im such a bad farseer fan. the dudes name is "fool." i think he's called "the king's wit" also tho. i might be wrong. but he is really smart and hilarious just like wit in SA

im taking it back tho. you doubled down and you are so right. all we need is SAs Wit + Stannis traveling around together

Haha! Wonder how Stannis would react to secobd breakfast?

13 hours ago, bridge4 said:

Patches has to come with too... Oh oh.. You know. Oh oh oh. 

Is there by the way anyone who thinks that characters are better in the show than the books or vice versa? Here are mine:

Better in books:

-Stannis: The show took away a lot of his complexity, and made him a fanatic.

-Jaime Lannister: He is funnier, and he develops better. In the show he is just Cerseis man for an extremely long time.

-Roose Bolton: He feels dangerous in the books, like the Norths version of Tywin. The show makes him look quite weak.

Better in show:

-Bronn: More screen-time, more great lines.

-Beric Dondarrion: Looks incredibly badchull as well as a longer and more fitting storyline. 

-Tywin Lannister: Guy was great in the books, but Charles Dance is a phenomenal actor who took Tywin to new levels.

7 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Is there by the way anyone who thinks that characters are better in the show than the books or vice versa? Here are mine:

Better in books:

-Stannis: The show took away a lot of his complexity, and made him a fanatic.

-Jaime Lannister: He is funnier, and he develops better. In the show he is just Cerseis man for an extremely long time.

-Roose Bolton: He feels dangerous in the books, like the Norths version of Tywin. The show makes him look quite weak.

Better in show:

-Bronn: More screen-time, more great lines.

-Beric Dondarrion: Looks incredibly badchull as well as a longer and more fitting storyline. 

-Tywin Lannister: Guy was great in the books, but Charles Dance is a phenomenal actor who took Tywin to new levels.

oberyn was always cool. but pedro pascal really brought him to life for me

book Areo Hotah is 100000x better than show. nothing against the actor. just the plot he was given unfortunately. the actor had me pumped for some big scenes. then boom. dagger

Edited by bridge4